I fixed my Desync/input Lag/Hitreg in CSGO

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
espresso

I fixed my Desync/input Lag/Hitreg in CSGO

Post by espresso » 12 Oct 2022, 04:10

EDIT:DESYNC BACK IN FULL FORCE after 2 WEEKS

It has been a week, i waited to make sure it didn't go away.

Hardware: Ryzen 5800x, Radeon 5700XT, Samsung NVME 1TB, Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570

My Problems where
-Enemies Ferrari Peeking Me https://streamable.com/copuwz
-No hitreg https://streamable.com/li4lra
-Teleportation of enemies https://streamable.com/n0z5tp
-extremely Bloated Recoil that always made you overcompensate

The Baseline Fix
1. Disable Cloudsharing in Steam for CS(dont copy over folders/cfg, just copy paste your binds)
2. Create Separate Partition on your SSD and install Clean Win and Steam
3. Get the Newest or best drivers (all while offline, or else Windows will fetch some generic drivers)
4. Do not install ANYTHING, no browser etc, in fact you spend 5 hrs debloating it and disabling as many services as you can.
5. Add all the "Placebo Tweaks", Adapter Setting, Energy plan, Power savings, timer resolution, UltimateWindowsTweaker, disable Securitycenter, Windows Update, Windows firewall(pls dont cry me a river, you only use to play online)
6.(dont know how much that helped) Sold all my skins/cases except 1AK/1M4 1 Knife
7.Unsubscribe from all Workshop content
8 Physically disconnect all other Harddrives, disable Searchindexer and disable searchprocess

The last 10%
After i did that i felt i was at 80-90% it just wasn't very consistent. I used the Alt*Tab method but after some time it went away.
Then i randomly watched a LTT video where they showed a graph of stability of Clockspeeds on the new Ryzen CPUs.
I fired up MSI Afterburner and sure enough all my cores where producing constant Sawtooth Patterns by up and downclocking between 3.6 and 4.9GHz.
I went into Bios and fixed multiplier to 4.7GHz and 1.32Vcore and (I THINK THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT) Fix your FPS at a rate that is ALWAYS constant! For me it is 400fps.
And that was it, it has been 7 days now and it is fixed, it dosent matter where or when i play it is 100% fixed, i dont need to alt+tab, i just boot and play in perfect conditions. On Faceit i instantly went on a 80%winrate https://imgur.com/a/kyxNSlo streak from Level2 to Level5 topfragging almost every game
And in Retrospect it totally makes sense. If you read this post by Chief viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10444#p85294 I had a CPU that was producing FPS on the very edge of Maximum while the CPU was also constantly throttling up and down.
Feel free to ask question

EDIT:
Observations: Yesterday it felt like the lag is coming back, game still feels crispy but i can start to feel the forcefield around enemies again, i get Ferrari peeked. I was in disbelieve. I start up my second account to test and to my surprise it is 1000 times worse there, i get trashed by the biggest bots. Then i remembered this Post https://twitter.com/fREQUENCYCS/status/ ... 3452361728 and it dawned on me. I have received a few cases and stickers since i fixed it the first time.(on my second account i have like 100 cases) I sell them Immediately and it feels better again right away. Dont ask me why, but having a trashed inventory makes your game laggy again. This is maybe why people report (like i did) that even with a brand new account, after a few days the lag comes back. Because you will receive some cases and stickers.

Second Observation, i was playing around with the "-high" flag, i took it off and it was way worse. I played around a bit and saw that a few other programs where flying the High/Higher than Normal flagImage (pic taken from my non gaming partition) i set them all to normal, except wininit.exe which i was not able to change the state and this seemed to further stabilize.
Last edited by espresso on 26 Oct 2022, 05:53, edited 2 times in total.

MegaMelmek

Re: I fixed my Desync/input Lag/Hitreg in CSGO

Post by MegaMelmek » 12 Oct 2022, 06:02

i got input lag same like you… i play only CS GO…
but i am the kinda dude that want buy PC put it in wall socket instal game and play like 99% of other players anything else is just placebo to me. I mean tweeks, downclock, overclocking and stuf like that. Because if is my PC broken the other one has to work right? But it didnt and other 5 more cant handle CSGO… So is realy the issue in the PC?
If all these tweeks work for you be happy then…

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 12 Oct 2022, 15:32

Don’t worry it will come back. I have tried separate partitions to play csgo using custome windows install where everything is deleted, I’m talking about all not needed services and programs and this OS was extremely tweaked by a csgo pro yet lag was there from the get go. This fix has indeed helped you from your win rate and top fraggin but from my past experience, I would say it will comeback soon and comeback hard and comeback to destroy everything ;(

espresso

Post by espresso » 12 Oct 2022, 17:49

assombrosso wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 15:32
Don’t worry it will come back.
Idk, maybe. But i was chasing this feeling since i switched from 1.6 to CSGO in 2014 and i tried every "PlaceboTweak" i could unearth from the internet. But the same way you feel when it is not right you feel when it actually is. There is probably an effect of getting used to it and then missing the change of state. As posted in another forum post here i am still convinced that there is major fuckery going on with the Netcode and lagcompensation. The fact people with 60-100ms ping can play competitively is just proof of that. But from my end i can feel that the bloated recoil is gone. Maybe give it another try.

mago

Post by mago » 13 Oct 2022, 02:53

is it just for csgo
can valorant fixed by this too ?
Ⓢк𝕀lŁ เ𝓢 ᵗⒺм𝕡σr𝐀𝐑Ⓨ, lά𝔾 I𝐬 F𝔬ʳ𝔢𝓿ᗴ𝔯

espresso

Post by espresso » 13 Oct 2022, 04:07

mago wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 02:53
is it just for csgo
can valorant fixed by this too ?
I never touched Valorant (and i don't plan to) but what i did to fix, takes less than a day. Might be worth the try to save month/years of suffering :D

Cyanide_

Post by Cyanide_ » 13 Oct 2022, 05:38

Excuse me but what's the fix? Tweaking cloud setting in steam, reinstalling everything? Or locking voltage/freq of ur CPU and locking FPS?

P.S. I don't play CSGO just curious what did u fix this way. And can you test it in other games.

triplese

Post by triplese » 13 Oct 2022, 06:53

Nope bro, you dont fix it completely, it just small part. I have 5950x locked on [email protected] on all cores and capped CSGO on stable 240 fps and it dont feels like it was before.

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 13 Oct 2022, 14:31

triplese wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 06:53
Nope bro, you dont fix it completely, it just small part. I have 5950x locked on [email protected] on all cores and capped CSGO on stable 240 fps and it dont feels like it was before.
Maybe, your reason for the lag is slightly different ;)

espresso

Post by espresso » 14 Oct 2022, 02:23

InputLagger wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 14:31
Maybe, your reason for the lag is slightly different ;)
This! Although we all arrive here with similar problems the reason might be vastly different.
But i am certain i carried over some bad settings from older generation and i always ended up cluttering my Windows install.
Iserverthefirelord wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 05:38
Excuse me but what's the fix? Tweaking cloud setting in steam, reinstalling everything? Or locking voltage/freq of ur CPU and locking FPS?

P.S. I don't play CSGO just curious what did u fix this way. And can you test it in other games.
If you read again, it wasn't a single thing that fixed it but all the puzzle pieces together created the perfect Environment
I only play CSGO thus even if i test another game i would not be able to be to say if there are improvements, as i have zero baseline to compare too.

For example, read this guys Post( viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10500 ). What he describes was 100% my Problem as well. Now that i consider it, i am still playing CSGO with "-high" in start parameters. I will do some tests with setting it to normal/below normal. This was/is probably clogging the thread pipes.