csgo playing locally, peeking image doesnt appear in time

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
mago

csgo playing locally, peeking image doesnt appear in time

Post by mago » 26 Oct 2022, 10:30

Got nice PC.
Sorry for the English [Adhd]

While playing on local servers 10-20ms ping
i get this weird behavior from csgo engine or lag, don't know how to call it

So when peeking I'm waiting the image / players to appear

so its like the enemy already shooting me or I'm already dead without even seeing any frame from the new place im peeking
:|

playing always with net graph on
doesn't seems to have lags

and also moving slow most of time i can do one movement or change aim
while the rest of players is able to 2-4 steps more

feels like im locked down, heavy

aim can feels smooth, but most of the time not, also I'm unable to aim to the head,so i mostly choose to spray, it like flicking to the head is impossible
always miss the place, and if it do on the head it wont hit actually

Wondering if its isp traffic sharping or something else

thx in advance
Ⓢк𝕀lŁ เ𝓢 ᵗⒺм𝕡σr𝐀𝐑Ⓨ, lά𝔾 I𝐬 F𝔬ʳ𝔢𝓿ᗴ𝔯

Futuretech

Re: csgo playing locally, peeking image doesnt appear in time

Post by Futuretech » 26 Oct 2022, 15:58

Unfortunately your like the millionth person to state such things. If you look at all the forums throughout the better part of the 2000s-2010s. EVERY CS rendition of the game had this issue.

I believe your main issue might be the timenudge command or your out of sync with the server and a command is affecting you.

Sheer fact is this is one reason I quit CS altogether and found Call of Duty a far superior engine. I wish one day someone would get the IWEngine from most modern CoD and make CS in it. Even pre-fire in Call of Duty doesn't affect me. I know in CoD from CoD2 and up they ruined the game with the healing. And as a slightly more realistic game CoD1/UO was a superior game it struck a balance between killing and killable. In fact good players would dominate like crazy even with 64 players in a tight map.

I believe your issue directly dates back to Quake 2. Funny I seen pro-gamers play the hell out of Quake 2 in some match ups with no issues. Not much different than Quake 1 but has higher resolution and a few different weapons. It's similar in fact it's probably more of a glorified clone. Fact of the matter is your issue is so compounded by the engine itself that I dare say the entire engine system of Valve is pure and utter shit. Whomever it were who coded the engine of Valve to clone the engine they really did a terrible job. Now CBB(Mark) has stated Quake 3 isn't all that innocent it posses a 56k-128K style internet dialup system not a modern broadband settings. But even with a crap computer and terrible ping nearing 90-100 in the servers I visited I can enjoy the game. And when the ping is less I dominated even against better computers.

In fact I punished myself more for not playing at magic numbers or playing consistently that even with my TERRIBLE PC I still played CoD4 well enough or CoD2/CoD1/UO back when my friend lent it to me. In fact the sensation of the engine felt better even when he lent me Battlefield 2 the game felt awful it was terrible how the sensation of mouse to player is.

I wish Valve if they are such a money making organization. Purchase the IWengine license, cross-corroborate with assistance from InfinityWard. And remake all their games on IWE(Id3E).

I'd like to see that.

Your complaints O.P. are valid since the beginning. I notice a lot of players complain of pre-fire and it is a valid aspect but funny enough CS seems to be a game that pre-fire is so hated by people they do it non-the less and it works. In all the FPS games hell even playing F2P Korean/Japanese FPS games even in these games I barely if ever noticed pre-fire. In fact in those games and even in CoD your kinda hindered from pre-fire. It works yes it's a tactic yes, it's a win, a win is a win like in Starcraft a cheese is a win what can you say.

But CS seems to be a game whereby people go how the hell does this guy pre-fire me so easily kills me even though I spotted him or hear him or know he is there and is ready.

I don't know as Rick James meme would say "Counter-strike is a hell of a game".

I'm sorry O.P. but your issue is something that has been going on for a REALLY long time not just CSGO but all CS for that matter.

It's a myriad of things. But one thing is for sure CS is the game that really hammers in how broken it is. Your not the only one in fact your just another person saying what others have said. Even pro players have stated such things whether they are amateur and even some high-level pros.

If anything when I played CS my skills did not translate to any game neither to CoD or any other FPS to CS. In fact CS reminds me that my skills of CS are only okayish not great. In fact if CS was a good game I'd probably be top position most of the time. Top 3-5 at least.

O.P. your not the only one.