[Ethernet Onboard-vs-USB-vs-PCIe] I finally found the reason behind my input lag after 6 years

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
1000WATT

Re: I finally found the reason behind my input lag after 6 years

Post by 1000WATT » 05 Nov 2022, 13:20

You can deny all you want. And assume that your results are not worse.
1.jpg
1.jpg (58 KiB) Viewed 3823 times
And I can see that your traffic goes through the balancing algorithm. And the fact that certain servers (faceit DE servers) are 1 second behind your words is not surprising. Low priority on udp, 1000 clients of tiktok, facebook, twitter, youtube, ip telephony are much more important than 1 player in computer games.
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 05 Nov 2022, 13:23

triplese wrote:
What city do you live in. Preferably a google map address.
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

espresso

Post by espresso » 05 Nov 2022, 13:53

triplese wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 12:45

Bufferbloat test doesnt show anything related to gaming traffic, not even close.
Its saturating your link fully, while gaming not saturating even to 10 mbit/s.
Here my test, but faceit DE servers is literally unplayable - I'm almost 1 sec behind server. Any other servers is OK.
So its clearly congestion on route to faceit DE and nobody can fix it without ISP, they need buying more bandwidth, but its VERY expensive.
https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbl ... b0d6ca5bfd
Yo tiplese can you pingplot me this Faceitserver: 51.89.41.228
Attachments
FRAfaceit.jpg
FRAfaceit.jpg (144.44 KiB) Viewed 3802 times

triplese

Post by triplese » 05 Nov 2022, 19:34

dervu wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 13:08
So you get no signs of loss either in game or pinging those servers, but game feels worse.
There are no signs it being worse in network statistics compared to other servers?
How can this crowding be affecting game when packets are not affected according to stats?
How can they be slowed if there are no signs of it?

I think only way to find out what is happening is to find someone else without issue like yours, but using same routing, same ISP or not.
I have no loss if watch ingame loss counters and no other signs, that packets were delayed, but we dont have any reliable measurement tool to confirm that game loss counters is true and indicating REAL ingame traffic, and not other packets.
ICMP isnt reliable at all because all routers processing ICMP at first and any other packets later. Many of ISPs giving higher priority for ICMP (dirty hack). Many of them turning ICMP at routers at all.

Many people is relocating and saying that problem was of electricity in their houses, but I think that they using different ISP too ;)

triplese

Post by triplese » 05 Nov 2022, 19:37

1000WATT wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 13:20
You can deny all you want. And assume that your results are not worse.
0ms ping is not possible at all, even in theory. Check speed of light, even if you have direct optical connection to server measuring bufferbloat you will have about 1ms ping, so this is clearly fake or measurements gone wrong.

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 05 Nov 2022, 19:40

triplese wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 19:34
but I think that they using different ISP too ;)
I don't know anybody in my city with the same problems while having the same ISPs I had. The difference is they live on the other side of the city so it's about local infrastructure.

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 05 Nov 2022, 20:59

triplese wrote:
denial anger bargaining acceptance.
I didn't just ask about the city where you live. It may be possible to point out an obvious problem with your provider, or maybe not.

triplese

Post by triplese » 06 Nov 2022, 14:50

a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 19:40

I don't know anybody in my city with the same problems while having the same ISPs I had. The difference is they live on the other side of the city so it's about local infrastructure.
So you can prove electricity theory by moving your gear to them and test it. However, same ISP on other city side is not same in terms of local infrastructure. Even your house can have bad (old) switch (in case ethernet connection) or someone in your house seeding torrents on 1gbit speed.
So to clearly say its not ISP problem you need to get ports utilization graphs, and of course, nobody will give such info to you, if you dont working for ISP.

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 06 Nov 2022, 15:40

triplese wrote:
06 Nov 2022, 14:50
a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 19:40

So you can prove electricity theory by moving your gear to them and test it. However, same ISP on other city side is not same in terms of local infrastructure. Even your house can have bad (old) switch (in case ethernet connection) or someone in your house seeding torrents on 1gbit speed.
So to clearly say its not ISP problem you need to get ports utilization graphs, and of course, nobody will give such info to you, if you dont working for ISP.
I know that man, that's why I wait until they will upgrade the equipment. If it will give me any improvement then I will ask for something like 1000WATT did.

triplese

Post by triplese » 06 Nov 2022, 17:30

espresso wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 13:53
Yo tiplese can you pingplot me this Faceitserver: 51.89.41.228
Nothing in ICMP graph looks bad, same in netgraph
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (82.74 KiB) Viewed 3528 times