FrameView measures "PC Latency" now

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
inputlag_since_2006

Re: FrameView measures "PC Latency" now

Post by inputlag_since_2006 » 18 Nov 2022, 12:33

forcedreg wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 11:25
Is there a list of supported games? The link goes to 404 error for me.

This tool could be useful if there was a a database of typical results with different setups.
any game that have reflex SDKintegrated

Brainlet

Post by Brainlet » 18 Nov 2022, 15:39

Scroll down and set your region to US (bottom right corner), then load the original URL again.
Starting point for beginners: PC Optimization Hub

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Nov 2022, 17:42

Brainlet wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 10:08
FrameView
User Guide for 1.4
Supported games
If you get an error loading these sites, scroll to the bottom and select United States as your region, then load the original URL again.
Thanks for editing the post up to date.

FrameView is fantastic stuff, also very useful for developers to help debug the Milliseconds Matters issues!

I've cloned this post in some other key areas of this forum, because I want to highlight this software.

[BTW, we are hiring an extra writer for the main website, so new articles should begin showing up before the Holidays. I think we'll push FrameView too, that way]
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

FPSMaster

Post by FPSMaster » 20 Nov 2022, 07:35

I tested Interrupt moderation on vs off. Setting it off, the CPU will manage network interrupts, which should be better if you have a bad network adapter. In my case, I have a 5 year old motherboard with a bad network adapter.

Interrupt moderation ON: Game feels really laggy in terms of server connection. Players desync, bad hitreg.
+2ms average PC Latency

Interrupt moderation OFF: Server connection feels noticeable better. Lower ping by 4ms. Hitreg is much better including the desync. But the CPU had to do some more work. +5% CPU Utilization!
-2ms average PC Latency
Last edited by FPSMaster on 20 Nov 2022, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.

FPSMaster

Post by FPSMaster » 20 Nov 2022, 07:52

GPU Msi Mode ON vs OFF
MSI Mode OFF: more frametime spikes! +6ms Max Latency
MSI Mide ON: less frametime spikes! -6ms Max Latency

In my case MSI Mode didn't improve Min, Avg PC Latency but instead the Max Latency numbers. Setting the GPU to MSI Mode is good for more consistent FPS/Better Frametimes and less Latency spikes. Compared to other settings I tested, MSI Mode has a big influence on frametimes which cause Latency differences.

Maucasoli

Post by Maucasoli » 20 Nov 2022, 14:23

FPSMaster wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 07:52
GPU Msi Mode ON vs OFF

In my case MSI Mode didn't improve Min, Avg PC Latency but instead the Max Latency numbers. Setting the GPU to MSI Mode is good for more consistent FPS/Better Frametimes and less Latency spikes. Compared to other settings I tested, MSI Mode has a big influence on frametimes which cause Latency differences.
Thank you for posting results. Could you also test the msi priority setting like gpu or usb as high?

FPSMaster

Post by FPSMaster » 20 Nov 2022, 20:05

Maucasoli wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 14:23
FPSMaster wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 07:52
GPU Msi Mode ON vs OFF

Thank you for posting results. Could you also test the msi priority setting like gpu or usb as high?
I tested with both on high. Note that frameview can't messure mouse "click to picture delay" or any kind mouse tweaks (like increasing Polling rate, testing DPI lag or changing mouse buffer, etc)
Same applies for the monitor. FrameView 1.4 "only" measures the PCs Latency, which plays the main role in terms of lag. So it's not of a big deal, because mice have a very small impact.

F1zus

Post by F1zus » 24 Nov 2022, 18:12

AMD graphics cards do not display the game overlay with render latency indicators. Is there any program to measure render latency for amd graphics cards?
Overlay1.png
Overlay1.png (1005.95 KiB) Viewed 7114 times