Ungodly awful gaming experience on a i225-V

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
peak

Ungodly awful gaming experience on a i225-V

Post by peak » 02 Dec 2022, 15:09

I've been doing some reading particularely on electricity on this forum and after being a long time lurker I hoped someone could shed some light on a couple of theories, and in a week or so I might have a concrete answer on electricity as a whole as my electrician pal is stopping by to do some tests and potentially install a fresh setup for my whole system.

The primary topic I wanted some answers on was my i225-v on my ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F (WIFI), connected to a fritzbox 6660 on a cat6 cable, I'm using the intel supplied drivers over the motherboard drivers since the motherboard drivers DEFINITELY showed me that something is wrong with my connection.
I'm being obliterated by ANYONE in CSGO and I thought it was me being washed, but it was very evident how much the gameplay changed with a different driver.

I'm currently under the assumption that this network card is completely screwed after doing some research, and I was hoping that someone could offer some solutions, my own idea was to grab a new ethernet card that is known to function since my old PC shared the same results as an older post of someone saying their i219 was screwed, my old PC performs rather well in comparison to my new one with the i225-v.

Ontop of that I think it might be wise to get a router as well, does anyone have any good recommendations to try out when it comes to network cards and routers?

kriegsnake

Re: Ungodly awful gaming experience on a i225-V

Post by kriegsnake » 02 Dec 2022, 16:45

To be honest I have no clue where to dig too. I had an msi z270 gaming plus with i219-v , i switched to asus rog b550-f non-wifi with i225-v and they both work the same, I mean bad. :cry:

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 02 Dec 2022, 20:49

Luckily the electricity issue is rare, and should be considered after eliminating Windows, hardware, software, and peripherals issues. Do you have any video of your CSGO gameplay with net_graph on? I have noticed when experiencing the lag you describe, even in deathmatch games the bots will have instant reaction time and get lots of prefire attacks on me. When the lag is not there, the bots are consistently slow to react and give 2-3 opportunities to initiate the fight before they shoot. I've also been able to eliminate this problem by making sure all the power saving options are turned off in Windows.

I wrote this guide for reference: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10724

Tuhin Lavania

Post by Tuhin Lavania » 02 Dec 2022, 21:28

I have a Intel I210-T1 server network adapter on the way in 4-5 days. Let's see how it stacks up against my onboard adapter on the Z790-F mainboard ( i226 )