Weird input lag in every game, I feel the input even on my desk when I type, mouse and keyboard feels heavy

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Smokq

Weird input lag in every game, I feel the input even on my desk when I type, mouse and keyboard feels heavy

Post by Smokq » 05 Dec 2022, 05:37

Hi everyone, i'm having an issue which is making me go crazy:
In every game/app i'm experiencing a slight input delay which makes it unplayable and frustrating. Even if FPS and ping are always ok I can always feel a delay between my mouse/keyboard clicks and the actual movement on display.

I tried a lot of things to fix this problem, I dont know what to do anymore ):

Here is what i tried:

- Updating graphic drivers (I tried different versions and all of them are the same I guess

- Updating chipset drivers (Tried with a lot of different versions) This is the biggest improvement from all what I have tried, is the only thing that I've really felt has fixed the problem, but it was temporary, the problem came back after a day, thats why I tried different versions but didnt work

- I saw one post talking about realtek drivers could be a problem with AMD chipset drivers so I tried to uninstall Realtek drivers, I deleted audio and LAN drivers, and it worked but after 1 day I had the same problem xd

- I have tried a different pc but I had to use the same GPU and the same ram from my old pc (so gpu or ram could be the issue) I had worst input lag in my old pc - - I have tried 3 different PSUs

- I bought SFTP CAT 8 Ethernet Cable

- I tried to unplug Ethernet cable to play with no internet and tbh I cant really tell if there's any difference because the games I played the most cannot be played in offline mode (Valorant, Fortnite) so I dont know if is placebo or not because I can only try csgo or osu, I also tried in rocket league and the movement feels more responsive but could be placebo I dont really know

- I moved to a new house with better internet and I saw a lot of post talking about EMI, I dont think my problem is related to electricity but in the new house it feels way better than the old house, also I had to change my PSU so many times because all of them literally died, first one died because of electricity explosion xD, my old house had a bad electricity or something, the other ones died in that same house too, and I changed to this new pc (I used the new pc in that house for 2 months and I didnt have any explosions like that but the psu died a few days ago in my new house so I had to buy a new one, the only problem is that im using the same gpu and ram that I had in the first pc, so im scared of it because it could be broken, but everything looks fine I think. btw I want to and that I changed to this last PSU too because I was having problems with my pc, when I was trying to play games my pc shuts down instantly under pressure and I also have a problem when I start my pc, it shuts off immediately after I press the ON button, then after 3-4 seconds it starts again and then boots normally like nothing happened (everyday) I though it was a PSU issue, but I have a new one and that still happens, at least now I can play games without my pc turning off xD

- Different windows, different bios settings (now its everything default but XMP enabled) and Windows 10 pro 22h2

- Windows acceleration OFF

- Game mode ON

- Nvidia control panel settings I tried a lot of different settings, no difference at all

- Scaling mode: No scaling "display"

- Fullscreen optimizations disabled

- Hardware-accelerated GPU ON

- Power plan I have a custom one "Ultimate performance" I tried with bitsum and high performance all of them the same thing xd

- Booting with one of the 2 rams

- V-sync is off

- Checking my RAM with Memtest and I think everything is fine ( I dont know a lot about pcs xd)

- Packet-Loss test with pingplotter

- Custom res with CRU / I tried native too and no difference

- I dont know why but with my old psu when I changed the CPU cable from the bios to other one that my issue got fixed and my GPU was working at high % usage, then after 20 mins of perfection and 0 input lag my pc started to shut down when I tried to open games, so I had to go back to the other cable, then my GPU % was low and the lag was shit again but it doesnt shut down, so thats why I though the PSU was the main issue, so I decided to buy the new one I have right now but it only fixed shut down issue under pressure, I still have lag but now I realized that my GPU is 1-3% usage idle and when I open Fortnite or Valorant for example is max 10-13% usage, so there's something wrong with my gpu or what is going on? its normal to have low %? or I should have high gpu %? My cpu is like 3-6 idle and 10% or something like that while gaming

Okay thats a lot of the things I have tried, im sorry if is a lot of dumb text, I tried a lot things more but I dont remember right now, Im so confused I dont know what to do anymore, im about to lose my mind, I had issues with input lag for so long and it's driving me crazy because I really feel like I can compete at a high level in games, but is so shit because most of the time feels unplayable and sometimes I fix it a bit and I play like 20x times better, I hate being so inconsistent because of this, please I need help I dont know what to do anymore I just want to play with a good performance. ):

These are my specs:

AMD RYZEN 7 3700X - ASUS PRIME B450-PLUST (LAST BIOS UPDATE) - NVIDIA RTX 2070 - 16GB ram dual channel

https://imgur.com/a/OPVDHY9

Monitor: HP Omen 25 24.5" LED Full HD 144Hz FreeSync

PSU: Nfortec Sagitta 80 plus gold 750w full modular

Mouse: GPX Superlight

Keyboard: Apex pro TKL

Let me know if you need more info, I will answer everything, thanks for reading and sorry for my english.

TheKelz

Re: Weird input lag in every game, I feel the input even on my desk when I type, mouse and keyboard feels heavy

Post by TheKelz » 05 Dec 2022, 10:34

Smokq wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 05:37

I really feel like I can compete at a high level in games, but is so shit because most of the time feels unplayable and sometimes I fix it a bit and I play like 20x times better, I hate being so inconsistent because of this, please I need help I dont know what to do anymore I just want to play with a good performance. ):
Welcome to the club, bud. Maybe someone can tell you a fix for your particular case, but unfortunately I'm not sure anyone can. I've been battling this issue for years now and yet to find a fix. Sad reality of it.

Smokq

Re: Weird input lag in every game, I feel the input even on my desk when I type, mouse and keyboard feels heavy

Post by Smokq » 05 Dec 2022, 11:52

TheKelz wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 10:34
Smokq wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 05:37

I really feel like I can compete at a high level in games, but is so shit because most of the time feels unplayable and sometimes I fix it a bit and I play like 20x times better, I hate being so inconsistent because of this, please I need help I dont know what to do anymore I just want to play with a good performance. ):
Welcome to the club, bud. Maybe someone can tell you a fix for your particular case, but unfortunately I'm not sure anyone can. I've been battling this issue for years now and yet to find a fix. Sad reality of it.
I have read a lot of posts on this forum, so I really understand how hard is to fix this type of issues, but I don't want to lose hope. I've had this problem for many years and I dont think there's a solution, but this post is my last try I guess. I hope you can finally find how to fix your problem , gl man ):

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 05 Dec 2022, 13:51

I am on the forum 2y now and there is obvious that AMD users has issue like you do more often than intel users…
Or its only who notice that?

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 05 Dec 2022, 14:05

- Different windows, different bios settings (now its everything default but XMP enabled) and Windows 10 pro 22h2

You're running XMP on a non-gaming mobo. Have you tried turning this off?

Smokq

Post by Smokq » 05 Dec 2022, 14:38

MegaMelmek wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 13:51
I am on the forum 2y now and there is obvious that AMD users has issue like you do more often than intel users…
I saw a lot of people saying that too, I only had the chance to try 2 CPU's and both of them are the Ryzen 7 3700x, but 2 different ones, one works better than the old one but probably because now I have good temps, the only temporary fix I got was messing with different versions chipset drivers, but is just an improvement of my issue, is still bad, better but still bad xd, maybe the main issue is my drivers idkk, but I tried everything, I tried a lot of versions, I also tried with gpu drivers I tried to unninstal gpu drivers with DDU, I tried to remove realtek drivers because I saw one guy saying that it could not be compatible and give problems but im not able to uninstall all of the realtek drivers, only audio, but the realtek lan drivers I cant because if I do that I will not have internet xdd, so I cant really tell if thats true, now with the newest chipset drivers I cant really notice the input lag on my desk, but is still noticiable on all my games

greenenemy

Post by greenenemy » 05 Dec 2022, 14:57

You can actually measure input latency in both Valorant and Fortnite with FrameView.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10682
Maybe that would help you or us find the cause of your problems.

F1zus

Post by F1zus » 05 Dec 2022, 18:24

Your problem is not with the PC but with bad dirty electricity.
Just plug the iron into the outlet along with the computer, or even better, the electric oven and look at the movement of your mouse. If the mouse becomes sharp, then the problem is 100% electrical.

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 05 Dec 2022, 18:30

Smokq wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 14:38
MegaMelmek wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 13:51
I saw a lot of people saying that too, I only had the chance to try 2 CPU's and both of them are the Ryzen 7 3700x, but 2 different ones, one works better than the old one but probably because now I have good temps, the only temporary fix I got was messing with different versions chipset drivers, but is just an improvement of my issue, is still bad, better but still bad xd, maybe the main issue is my drivers idkk, but I tried everything, I tried a lot of versions, I also tried with gpu drivers I tried to unninstal gpu drivers with DDU, I tried to remove realtek drivers because I saw one guy saying that it could not be compatible and give problems but im not able to uninstall all of the realtek drivers, only audio, but the realtek lan drivers I cant because if I do that I will not have internet xdd, so I cant really tell if thats true, now with the newest chipset drivers I cant really notice the input lag on my desk, but is still noticiable on all my games

You can skip all of that tweeks they are useless if PC cant perform well on defalut settings then there is issue somewhere else that what my logic says…

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 05 Dec 2022, 18:33

F1zus wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 18:24
Your problem is not with the PC but with bad dirty electricity.
Just plug the iron into the outlet along with the computer, or even better, the electric oven and look at the movement of your mouse. If the mouse becomes sharp, then the problem is 100% electrical.
Yes you can try that if this help you than you know where to look and dont tweek too much