mouse, smoothness and hitreg problem

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
joseph_from_pilsen

Re: mouse, smoothness and hitreg problem

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 13 Mar 2023, 19:26

simply post screenshots with net_graph on and when it stutters jesus... what is so hard? And if you want to use rivatuner, simply look at frametime graph.

holiday

Post by holiday » 15 Mar 2023, 07:46

exist1337 wrote:
13 Mar 2023, 18:45
holiday wrote:
13 Mar 2023, 15:56
exist1337 wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 21:02
Hi guys, i want to ask what in your opinion can cause problems on my pc. I will describe it with csgo but it occurs in other games too. Every cs run it works different. Mouse once is working normal i mean it is not too fast and not too slow and once it is floaty like on higher sens so i cant hit anything. I play on polish dm, warmup eu dm and polish ffa servers. On polish dm with 18 players sometimes i just can play and other time it feels weird. While playing on warmup eu dm its just random, with few players on the server once mouse feels great and its easy to click heads and once mouse is just slow and hitregs are weird. The same server but with 19 people is mostly hard to play because mouse feels like on lower lod and different sens, maybe like changing from sens 0.8 to 0.6, dont know if thats a huge difference for other people but on my pc it is. Then, polish ffa servers with mostly something around 20 or 25 people. These are basically no fun to play on. Mouse once is slow and once its floaty, it cannot work properly on this type of servers, shooting feels laggy or stuttery, just not smooth, and hard because of broken hitregs. While enemies are rushing site fps drops from 240 to even 120, however even 120 fps is enough to play normally but for me it feels like 20 fps. Mouse and hitregs are broken there. And back to the polish dm, with like 6 players it managed to work very well, mouse was smooth and hitregs were working properly. I noticed that if theres any internet problems like loss and ping mouse feels more smooth than without it. Few days ago while my ping was weird because it was high but only on servers in my country Poland, i was playing on polish dm with loss and high ping and mouse feeling was excellent. As i said, in other games like fortnite it was the same, fps were playable but i basically wasnt able to play. Im using ethernet.
do you use launch options? Do you use rawinput?
i use but dont think thats the problem and obviously checked mouse settings
For me using -useforcedmparms, i guess you use this for csgo if you talk about launch options, the sensitivity becomes random faster and slower every 20-30 sec. Its the same with cs 1.6 non steam version. Something in windows is bugged you have to delete launch options and just use m_rawinput 1.

Here is also a good read about the problem specific in csgo: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/forum ... es/page/3/

exist1337

Post by exist1337 » 15 Mar 2023, 08:43

holiday wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 07:46
exist1337 wrote:
holiday wrote:
exist1337 wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 21:02
Hi guys, i want to ask what in your opinion can cause problems on my pc. I will describe it with csgo but it occurs in other games too. Every cs run it works different. Mouse once is working normal i mean it is not too fast and not too slow and once it is floaty like on higher sens so i cant hit anything. I play on polish dm, warmup eu dm and polish ffa servers. On polish dm with 18 players sometimes i just can play and other time it feels weird. While playing on warmup eu dm its just random, with few players on the server once mouse feels great and its easy to click heads and once mouse is just slow and hitregs are weird. The same server but with 19 people is mostly hard to play because mouse feels like on lower lod and different sens, maybe like changing from sens 0.8 to 0.6, dont know if thats a huge difference for other people but on my pc it is. Then, polish ffa servers with mostly something around 20 or 25 people. These are basically no fun to play on. Mouse once is slow and once its floaty, it cannot work properly on this type of servers, shooting feels laggy or stuttery, just not smooth, and hard because of broken hitregs. While enemies are rushing site fps drops from 240 to even 120, however even 120 fps is enough to play normally but for me it feels like 20 fps. Mouse and hitregs are broken there. And back to the polish dm, with like 6 players it managed to work very well, mouse was smooth and hitregs were working properly. I noticed that if theres any internet problems like loss and ping mouse feels more smooth than without it. Few days ago while my ping was weird because it was high but only on servers in my country Poland, i was playing on polish dm with loss and high ping and mouse feeling was excellent. As i said, in other games like fortnite it was the same, fps were playable but i basically wasnt able to play. Im using ethernet.
For me using -useforcedmparms, i guess you use this for csgo if you talk about launch options, the sensitivity becomes random faster and slower every 20-30 sec. Its the same with cs 1.6 non steam version. Something in windows is bugged you have to delete launch options and just use m_rawinput 1.

Here is also a good read about the problem specific in csgo: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/forum ... es/page/3/
yo, im not using this but i noticed that if enemies are close game stutters

holiday

Post by holiday » 15 Mar 2023, 09:20

exist1337 wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 08:43
holiday wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 07:46
exist1337 wrote:
holiday wrote:

Wait so your problem is not the mouse input. I remember having the same problem on my old system rig, i got random lag spikes fps drops down most of the time when a enemy appears on my screen or sometimes when i moved my mouse to fast. I was never able to fix it. But it gone with my new pc so iam sry i cant help you with that.

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 15 Mar 2023, 16:48

exist1337 wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 08:43
Can you test your 2D performance in PerformanceTest?

https://www.passmark.com/products/perfo ... wnload.php