Input lag tweaks for amd/amd set-up

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Sebichek45

Re: Input lag tweaks for amd/amd set-up

Post by Sebichek45 » 08 May 2023, 21:02

dannyoceanic wrote:
08 May 2023, 12:49
Sebichek45 wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 10:07
Also, I have locked my gpu clocks using msi afterburner and morepowertool. Amd gpus have issues in valorant because it doesnt utilize much of the gpu. It goes from 800 - 1500mhz consistently so I just kept it at 1600. I raised poower limit and made fans in auto mode.
Hello mate, Im playing valorant as well and game seems so inconsistent at times.
Did clocking your mhz at 1600 help run the game smoother ?
So far I have tried many things and nothing really helped to make this game run better

My setup:
rtx 3080, Ryzen 7 5800X3D and the game is running on a M2

Generally, locking your gpu’s frequency helps in having stable frametimes (less stuttering) but it comes with higher temps and power than a fluctuating one.

In amd gpu, they have this problem that it wont boost its frequency if the game is more cpu demanding than gpu. This is why most people use some tools to lock their gpu clocks.

I have read before that some 3000 series have the same problem so you might want to try it out. Also, I have seen posts about the power spiking in 3000 series gpu if you have a weak/bad psu or gpu power cable.

These can be causes of your stutter.

For the cpu side of things, you should use hwinfo and check if they are thermal throttling or the cpu is fluctuating too much whenever playing a game. Power plans and bios settings can help you if thats the case.

EDIT:

Just updated my audio driver to realtek audio druver from mobo, noticed that frametimes have become more stable. However, REAL audio app cant be used (always at 10ms) and I haven’t checked if I sacrificed latency for smoothness.

So far it has been great.

Sebichek45

Post by Sebichek45 » 20 May 2023, 23:09

RamenRider wrote:
05 May 2023, 02:00
Sebichek45 wrote:
29 Apr 2023, 11:08
what i did:

5. install morepowertool, get bios from gpuz, load it to mpt and disable all the ds_ in the feature settings, write sppt and restart

6. check using hwinfo if locked frequency is working.

If u want amd gpu tweaks I suggest u go find ramenrider post/guide or go to reputable forums like toms hardware, guru3d, blurbusters, and overclocking net.

Make sure you research also what you are trying to do as most of the posts are like from 2020.
Thanks for reminding me I need to fix them.
will you include amd gpu registry tweaks still? I can’t seem to find the link where you put those.

RamenRider

Post by RamenRider » 23 May 2023, 15:37

Sebichek45 wrote:
20 May 2023, 23:09
will you include amd gpu registry tweaks still? I can’t seem to find the link where you put those.
I don't believe they are necessary anymore because drivers are constantly changing. Changing all the random settings from the software itself is more viable.

Right now the thing you should be looking to configuring is the AppCompatFlags\Layers in registry. You can see my links in the bottom of my signature.

Sebichek45

Post by Sebichek45 » 24 May 2023, 09:00

RamenRider wrote:
23 May 2023, 15:37
Sebichek45 wrote:
20 May 2023, 23:09
I don't believe they are necessary anymore because drivers are constantly changing. Changing all the random settings from the software itself is more viable.

Right now the thing you should be looking to configuring is the AppCompatFlags\Layers in registry. You can see my links in the bottom of my signature.

Do they still work? I can’t seem to find my application there only the chipset software. Also have you tried some bcdedit timers?

RamenRider

Post by RamenRider » 27 May 2023, 20:47

Sebichek45 wrote:
24 May 2023, 09:00

Do they still work? I can’t seem to find my application there only the chipset software. Also have you tried some bcdedit timers?
Yes I actually spend the past few weeks compiling which ones feel good or not. But over half of them are unreliable because I was also testing other options that effect shooting and hitregistry namely the AppCompatFlags/Right click compatibility settings.

Here are my notes:

Good settings right now. HPET off BIOS thanks to SCEWIN. delete UPC and UPT. dynamic tick yes.

Not sure if turning off spread spectrums also helped.

Seme settings except DDT no and it still feels pretty good. THe previous might feel better.

Changing hidden BIOS settings again. Disabling CPPC, CPPC prefered coers, DF CStates, Global C State Control, basically most the settings from here viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11847&p=93313#p93313

*Enhanced Sync really is the best... Using BCDEDIT everything deleted TSCYNCPOLICY Legacy is soo goood (edited)
May 17, 2023
Trying UPC, UPT, off, DDT deleted. Was ok
Trying all 3 off. Kinda terrible.
Trying all 3 on. Really terrible. I stand corrected. (edited)
UPC, UPT, Off, DDT yes. Fucking terrible.
UPC UPT deleted DDT Yes. TSC Enhanced. It's good.
UPC UPT deleted. DDT No. TSC Legacy. Very good almost perfect. (edited)
UPC Deleted. UPT no. DDT nono. TSC Legacy. Very good almost perfect. (edited)
UPC yes, UPT No, DDT no. TSC Legacy. EXCELLENT ALMOST PERFECT
UPC yes, UPT yes, DDT, no TSC L, Good.

CHECK HIGH DPI OVERRIDE BY APPLICATION makes ALL BCDEDIT YES SUPER DUER GOOD. I'm also using GPU Scaling (edited)
May 20, 2023

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore

UPC no, UPT yes, DDT yes, Eh (edited)
UPC off, UPT no, DDT yes, Mid (edited)

UPC deleted, UPT yes, DDT yes. Good

Perhaps I have to do full shutdowns in order for them to take effect... Instead of simple restarts. (edited)
[9:49 PM]
UPC yes, UPT off, DDT no. Very Good almost perfect. (edited)
May 21, 2023
UPC yes, UPT no, DDT no. Okay. (edited)
UPC no, UPT off, DDT no. Feels good (edited)
All off. It's ok. (edited)

Fuck I might have to redo them all now. The best performance is when you use March 3 2023 Regedit with APP Compat Flags with DisabledXMizedWindowedMode for all apps. Then use Override System enhanced instead of Application. (edited)
May 24, 2023

Melody's tweaks, it's pretty good. Hit reg seems off tho. Don't know if it's the tweaks, the TSCyncpolicy, or the Overrid System enhanced (edited)
May 25, 2023
Override System seems to be the best. Carried tf out of my team. (edited)

So while testing I had to also find the best monitor/radeon settings which currently is having Enhanced Sync on and either everything else off or just anti-lag on. Then the best mouse settings which is using the MarkC file to disable mouse scaling. Then disable fullscreen optimization with the regedit fix for windows 10. Then right click compatability > change high DPI settings > override system. This is definitely one of the root causes of inaccurate aim nowadays as you can see here in this blog they changed the way DPI works in the win 10 creator's update. https://pureinfotech.com/windows-10-bui ... rovements/

rvteen

Post by rvteen » 28 May 2023, 01:55

what is "UPC, UPT, and DDT"?

Sebichek45

Post by Sebichek45 » 28 May 2023, 02:40

RamenRider wrote:
27 May 2023, 20:47
Sebichek45 wrote:
24 May 2023, 09:00

Yes I actually spend the past few weeks compiling which ones feel good or not. But over half of them are unreliable because I was also testing other options that effect shooting and hitregistry namely the AppCompatFlags/Right click compatibility settings.

Here are my notes:

Good settings right now. HPET off BIOS thanks to SCEWIN. delete UPC and UPT. dynamic tick yes.

Not sure if turning off spread spectrums also helped.

Seme settings except DDT no and it still feels pretty good. THe previous might feel better.

Changing hidden BIOS settings again. Disabling CPPC, CPPC prefered coers, DF CStates, Global C State Control, basically most the settings from here viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11847&p=93313#p93313

*Enhanced Sync really is the best... Using BCDEDIT everything deleted TSCYNCPOLICY Legacy is soo goood (edited)
May 17, 2023
Trying UPC, UPT, off, DDT deleted. Was ok
Trying all 3 off. Kinda terrible.
Trying all 3 on. Really terrible. I stand corrected. (edited)
UPC, UPT, Off, DDT yes. Fucking terrible.
UPC UPT deleted DDT Yes. TSC Enhanced. It's good.
UPC UPT deleted. DDT No. TSC Legacy. Very good almost perfect. (edited)
UPC Deleted. UPT no. DDT nono. TSC Legacy. Very good almost perfect. (edited)
UPC yes, UPT No, DDT no. TSC Legacy. EXCELLENT ALMOST PERFECT
UPC yes, UPT yes, DDT, no TSC L, Good.

CHECK HIGH DPI OVERRIDE BY APPLICATION makes ALL BCDEDIT YES SUPER DUER GOOD. I'm also using GPU Scaling (edited)
May 20, 2023

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore

UPC no, UPT yes, DDT yes, Eh (edited)
UPC off, UPT no, DDT yes, Mid (edited)

UPC deleted, UPT yes, DDT yes. Good

Perhaps I have to do full shutdowns in order for them to take effect... Instead of simple restarts. (edited)
[9:49 PM]
UPC yes, UPT off, DDT no. Very Good almost perfect. (edited)
May 21, 2023
UPC yes, UPT no, DDT no. Okay. (edited)
UPC no, UPT off, DDT no. Feels good (edited)
All off. It's ok. (edited)

Fuck I might have to redo them all now. The best performance is when you use March 3 2023 Regedit with APP Compat Flags with DisabledXMizedWindowedMode for all apps. Then use Override System enhanced instead of Application. (edited)
May 24, 2023

Melody's tweaks, it's pretty good. Hit reg seems off tho. Don't know if it's the tweaks, the TSCyncpolicy, or the Overrid System enhanced (edited)
May 25, 2023
Override System seems to be the best. Carried tf out of my team. (edited)

So while testing I had to also find the best monitor/radeon settings which currently is having Enhanced Sync on and either everything else off or just anti-lag on. Then the best mouse settings which is using the MarkC file to disable mouse scaling. Then disable fullscreen optimization with the regedit fix for windows 10. Then right click compatability > change high DPI settings > override system. This is definitely one of the root causes of inaccurate aim nowadays as you can see here in this blog they changed the way DPI works in the win 10 creator's update. https://pureinfotech.com/windows-10-bui ... rovements/

Thank you for your hard work. I am looking forward to your updated guide! 8-)

Since I am still not sure if I should mess with my bios using scewin. Is UPC del, UPT no, DDT no and Tsc Legacy ok with my system (all amd).

Edited: Also which melody tweaks would you recommend? I notice most bcdedit are for intel users.
Last edited by Sebichek45 on 28 May 2023, 02:41, edited 1 time in total.

Sebichek45

Post by Sebichek45 » 28 May 2023, 02:40

rvteen wrote:
28 May 2023, 01:55
what is "UPC, UPT, and DDT"?
useplatformclock useplatformtick and disabledynamictick respectively

RamenRider

Post by RamenRider » 29 May 2023, 21:16

Sebichek45 wrote:
28 May 2023, 02:40

Since I am still not sure if I should mess with my bios using scewin. Is UPC del, UPT no, DDT no and Tsc Legacy ok with my system (all amd).

Edited: Also which melody tweaks would you recommend? I notice most bcdedit are for intel users.
If you check on the last post of my Blurbusters guide, I used DDU to uninstall my regular Radeon driver and installed Radeon UWP drivers and they were amazing, much better at default Esports setting too. https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/amd-r ... wp.437511/

Ehh I just used Melody's regular timer BCDEDITS don't think anything else is of relevance. Currently I'm on UPC no UPT no and DDT yes TSC Legacy. Seems to work great.

I used this guide for SCEWIN. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11847

I only have to do so because HPET options are hidden in my BIOS.

Sebichek45

Post by Sebichek45 » 30 May 2023, 03:56

RamenRider wrote:
29 May 2023, 21:16
Sebichek45 wrote:
28 May 2023, 02:40

If you check on the last post of my Blurbusters guide, I used DDU to uninstall my regular Radeon driver and installed Radeon UWP drivers and they were amazing, much better at default Esports setting too. https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/amd-r ... wp.437511/

Ehh I just used Melody's regular timer BCDEDITS don't think anything else is of relevance. Currently I'm on UPC no UPT no and DDT yes TSC Legacy. Seems to work great.

I used this guide for SCEWIN. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11847

I only have to do so because HPET options are hidden in my BIOS.

How did you set up HAGS? Im on win 10 and after downloading the uwp drivers there’s no option in my settings