Mouse input lag/ floaty and heavy help/discussion :)

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
ApexLeg

Re: Mouse input lag/ floaty and heavy help/discussion :)

Post by ApexLeg » 15 Dec 2023, 13:23

Try this.

Go to C:\Windows\SystemApps\MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy and rename TextInputHost.exe to something else (IE TextInputHost.old) you may need to amend permissions on the file first, restart and see if that helps floatyness.

issawm

Post by issawm » 19 Dec 2023, 10:50

ApexLeg wrote:
15 Dec 2023, 13:23
Try this.

Go to C:\Windows\SystemApps\MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy and rename TextInputHost.exe to something else (IE TextInputHost.old) you may need to amend permissions on the file first, restart and see if that helps floatyness.
its a try but it never works nothing works its so weird.

netarangi

Post by netarangi » 19 Dec 2023, 13:59

Download DeviceCleanup and use it, I swear I get a smoother mouse after this.

Most likely placebo lol..
https://t.me/pump_upp

issawm

Post by issawm » 26 Dec 2023, 00:44

yeah bro im getting ready to throw in the towel honestly no solutions at all over a decade old issue nothing has worked.

RamenRider

Post by RamenRider » 12 Jan 2024, 15:12

Sambyal wrote:
12 Dec 2023, 00:09
TooManyPixels wrote:
10 Dec 2023, 19:50
I believe this issue was introduced in Windows 10 1903 or 1909 - so I was hoping if anyone here could wipe their machine and do a clean install of Windows 10 1809 - or 1803 and confirm if the issue still happens - or if it’s gone (and make sure to never connect to the Internet either, in case any updates get installed which ruin the experiment). You’ll probably need to run 1803 for at least a week given the sporadic nature of the issue.

From what I can tell so far, I believe a change in mouse handling logic in Win32kBase.sys in Windows 10 1903 or 1909 is to blame - but that change works fine for the 99% of other Windows users out there, so I’m trying to hunt-down what it is about our machines that triggers it.

If you are able to help out by testing Win10 1803, can you also do a EFI/BIOS factory settings reset too? I want to eliminate unnecessary variables.
I am from India and i have found the fix after 8 years , its fking windows man and im glad you are also on the right track .

The culprit is windows defender, You have to disable the windows defender, note you just simply cant disable windows defender , I mean even if you disable from multiple methods ( Control panel , Group policy , Registry ) it will still be running as windows kinda force it and make us fool .

Run the cmd via below command and check truly wthether defender still running or stop.

sc query WinDefend

I have found that only fix is the to add the defenderdisable app to the security exclusion and disable real time monitoring and Tamper protection and the run the program to truly disable it. All steps shown in below video .

https://youtu.be/KhzSBwhqX_w?si=JhAsnBxoms_2DlVn

once its done run below command again

sc query WinDefend

state should be changed from "running" to "stop".
and restart your system.

the go to your game and feel the difference .

I want to help community who is thinking its Internet or electrical problem they have no clue windows defender is messing up with steam and steam related games .

IF you have other Antivirus installed make sure Game optimizer kinda options are turned off or try to simple uninstall th AV and follow above steps to disable Defender and try

Hope this helps . 😊
Thank you my Indian brother in Christ. :D

issawm

Post by issawm » 16 Feb 2024, 03:39

RamenRider wrote:
12 Jan 2024, 15:12
Sambyal wrote:
TooManyPixels wrote:
I believe this issue was introduced in Windows 10 1903 or 1909 - so I was hoping if anyone here could wipe their machine and do a clean install of Windows 10 1809 - or 1803 and confirm if the issue still happens - or if it’s gone (and make sure to never connect to the Internet either, in case any updates get installed which ruin the experiment). You’ll probably need to run 1803 for at least a week given the sporadic nature of the issue.

From what I can tell so far, I believe a change in mouse handling logic in Win32kBase.sys in Windows 10 1903 or 1909 is to blame - but that change works fine for the 99% of other Windows users out there, so I’m trying to hunt-down what it is about our machines that triggers it.

If you are able to help out by testing Win10 1803, can you also do a EFI/BIOS factory settings reset too? I want to eliminate unnecessary variables.
I am from India and i have found the fix after 8 years , its fking windows man and im glad you are also on the right track .

The culprit is windows defender, You have to disable the windows defender, note you just simply cant disable windows defender , I mean even if you disable from multiple methods ( Control panel , Group policy , Registry ) it will still be running as windows kinda force it and make us fool .

Run the cmd via below command and check truly wthether defender still running or stop.

sc query WinDefend

I have found that only fix is the to add the defenderdisable app to the security exclusion and disable real time monitoring and Tamper protection and the run the program to truly disable it. All steps shown in below video .

sc query WinDefend

and restart your system.

I want to help community who is thinking its Internet or electrical problem they have no clue windows defender is messing up with steam and steam related games .

IF you have other Antivirus installed make sure Game optimizer kinda options are turned off or try to simple uninstall th AV and follow above steps to disable Defender and try

Hope this helps . 😊
nigga did dat shit even work

RamenRider

Post by RamenRider » 20 Feb 2024, 08:08

issawm wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 03:39
RamenRider wrote:
Sambyal wrote:
TooManyPixels wrote:

sc query WinDefend

sc query WinDefend

and restart your system.

Hope this helps . 😊
Yeah it did. Thank God it wasn't a virus, but there's still more windows services to disable.

issawm

Post by issawm » 02 Mar 2024, 02:56

RamenRider wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 08:08
issawm wrote:
RamenRider wrote:
Sambyal wrote:

sc query WinDefend

sc query WinDefend

and restart your system.

Hope this helps . 😊
Yeah it did. Thank God it wasn't a virus, but there's still more windows services to disable.
wait so what else do i have to do then

issawm

Post by issawm » 02 Mar 2024, 13:15

RamenRider wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 08:08
issawm wrote:
RamenRider wrote:
Sambyal wrote:

sc query WinDefend

sc query WinDefend

and restart your system.

Hope this helps . 😊
tried it and it still didnt work

issawm

Post by issawm » 17 Apr 2024, 06:46

sign this please for those who havent found the answer https://chng.it/2JB9jpGkLW