Mouse input lag/ floaty and heavy help/discussion :)

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Anonymous271863

Re: Mouse input lag/ floaty and heavy help/discussion :)

Post by Anonymous271863 » 22 Sep 2023, 13:22

Gozaro wrote:
21 Sep 2023, 03:29
Guys I found the solution to this issue. Reinstall windows then don't update or install any software. Just straightly go to display settings and then advanced display settings and then change refresh rate to your max refresh rate from here. Don't change it from nvidia control panel ever. This fixed my issue.
That definitely won't fix it, I even tried this at least 50 times back in 2021, so you either have placebo or it's a temporary fix. You also have to keep in mind that most "pros" or people in general that aim well in FPS games literally have their Windows completely bloated, they really don't give a sh!t because they never even had the issue, so they aren't aware of it.

I really don't think it's software related.

Jackpot71

Post by Jackpot71 » 22 Sep 2023, 15:50

Montilora wrote:
18 Dec 2022, 23:25
I have Logitech G Pro X Superlight wireless and i think it has drivers but am not 100% sure. I also have made sure i turned all those power management stuff off in the past :)
I have the pro wireless.

Did you disable the low battery mode in G-Hub? This setting has a huge impact for the snappy feeling.
I have installed G- Hub and after that the Onboard Memory Manager. If you set up your mouse with g hub you can switch to Onboard Memory Manager because the G-Hub starts with every OS start and uses performance. I don't like that.

Also i disable or delete all acceleration settings in registry. Now it feels raw and precise

It makes no difference at all if i use it with cable or wireless. If there should be a difference, it is not noticeable at all

ghub.PNG
ghub.PNG (124.67 KiB) Viewed 21190 times
Mouse.PNG
Mouse.PNG (102.79 KiB) Viewed 21190 times

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 24 Sep 2023, 01:40

Hey, I’ve recently noticed something and just wanted to put it out there.

When I go into bios (msi z390-a pro) and select change fan speed, when on that screen my mouse becomes slow and delayed by up to a second. This is the only instance in the bios where this happens and wanted to know if this happens to anyone else, and what would cause it? Maybe sensor issue?
Last edited by Vocaleyes on 24 Sep 2023, 03:45, edited 1 time in total.

JustNumber

Post by JustNumber » 24 Sep 2023, 03:30

I have gigabyte z790 aorus elite and have same micro lag in slow mouse in fan menu .

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 24 Sep 2023, 03:46

Even if it's not causing the issues in the OS, I am curious as to why this particular screen in the BIOS affects mouse in such a huge way.
Last edited by Vocaleyes on 25 Sep 2023, 01:56, edited 2 times in total.

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 24 Sep 2023, 07:47

The MPG Z390 has one water pump connector and six fan headers with DC and PWM control, which enable you to adjust your fans' speeds as needed within BIOS or a third-party software.
Are you able to set it to full speed? If so, does it eliminate the issue?

issawm

Post by issawm » 09 Dec 2023, 08:43

has ANYONE FOUND A FIX YET. it is depressing how the potential is being held back and its super ODD HOW IT WORKS FOR A FEW SECONDS THEN IT DOESNT. IT MEANS THERE IS NO PLACEBO ITS LITERALLY THERE THEN IT ISNT. i want to try linux and see if its a windows service doing this.

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 09 Dec 2023, 22:37

issawm wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 08:43
has ANYONE FOUND A FIX YET. it is depressing how the potential is being held back and its super ODD HOW IT WORKS FOR A FEW SECONDS THEN IT DOESNT. IT MEANS THERE IS NO PLACEBO ITS LITERALLY THERE THEN IT ISNT. i want to try linux and see if its a windows service doing this.
It's not windows, I've tried linux and the issue is still there. Also on consoles.

I'm starting to think through process of elimination, that this may be due to USB 3.0 root hub or 3.1 extensible host causing this.

As some of you may know, even when mouse worked properly, it NEVER enjoyed being in the 3.0 ports. 2.0 always felt better.
For me 3.0 used to feel like... well, how it feels now tbh.
I think that even though the top 2 ports of my mobo's are 2.0, they are being handled by the 3.0 driver, which is great for speeds, but I don't think it's doing the job it used to do when 2.0 ports were handled by a 2.0 driver. Also i'm pretty sure that ps4 uses 3.0 ports, so would explain it there too. (ps4 being the console I tested this issue on most)

Problem is on modern systems, there is no 2.0 driver that i can find to test this theory. Which sucks.

If anyone knows of a way to user an alternate driver to handle the 2.0 ports, instead of a 3.0 one, or just a way to have the 2.0 handled by a 2.0 driver and leave the 3.0 and 3.1's on the ones they have now. Please advise.

Also can anyone whose mouse used to work properly please care to comment on the statement that 3.0 ports were always worse than 2.0 in regards to mouse movement consistency.

Also, I did purchase an external USB 2.0's which is plugged into my mobo's usb 2.0 header, but unfortunately those are also handled by the 3.0/3.1 driver, so am unable to achieve correct testing there too.

issawm

Post by issawm » 10 Dec 2023, 00:55

Vocaleyes wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 22:37
issawm wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 08:43
It's not windows, I've tried linux and the issue is still there. Also on consoles.

I'm starting to think through process of elimination, that this may be due to USB 3.0 root hub or 3.1 extensible host causing this.

As some of you may know, even when mouse worked properly, it NEVER enjoyed being in the 3.0 ports. 2.0 always felt better.
For me 3.0 used to feel like... well, how it feels now tbh.
I think that even though the top 2 ports of my mobo's are 2.0, they are being handled by the 3.0 driver, which is great for speeds, but I don't think it's doing the job it used to do when 2.0 ports were handled by a 2.0 driver. Also i'm pretty sure that ps4 uses 3.0 ports, so would explain it there too. (ps4 being the console I tested this issue on most)

Problem is on modern systems, there is no 2.0 driver that i can find to test this theory. Which sucks.

If anyone knows of a way to user an alternate driver to handle the 2.0 ports, instead of a 3.0 one, or just a way to have the 2.0 handled by a 2.0 driver and leave the 3.0 and 3.1's on the ones they have now. Please advise.

Also can anyone whose mouse used to work properly please care to comment on the statement that 3.0 ports were always worse than 2.0 in regards to mouse movement consistency.

Also, I did purchase an external USB 2.0's which is plugged into my mobo's usb 2.0 header, but unfortunately those are also handled by the 3.0/3.1 driver, so am unable to achieve correct testing there too.
whats weird that i figured out is the fact that i deleted all the dpi settings within my mouse right. so even if i was hitting the dpi button it wouldnt change. well when i restart/reset my mouse or even hit the dpi button which will set it at a dpi i already had it on, IT WOULD FEEL GROUNDED AND NORMAL FOR A GOOD FEW SECONDS SO I WOULD HAVE TO REPEATIDLY HIT THE DPI BUTTON TO MAKE IT FEEL NORMAL BEFORE SPRAYING and even then that doesnt help.

ahead

Post by ahead » 10 Dec 2023, 04:04

"problem" exists with PS2 as well.