Mouse input lag/ floaty and heavy help/discussion :)

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
imprecise

Re: Mouse input lag/ floaty and heavy help/discussion :)

Post by imprecise » 29 Dec 2022, 11:30

I noticed a significant difference in mouse feel after turning off about 50 power-saving settings in Windows.

viewtopic.php?t=10724

kibii

Post by kibii » 31 Dec 2022, 00:02

Does switching from Online status to Offline status on steam help? For me personally, steam friends is a major source of mouse input lag. Once offline, it goes away and I can aim normally again (affects desktop mouse movement and even other games).

TheKelz

Post by TheKelz » 31 Dec 2022, 12:51

kibii wrote:
31 Dec 2022, 00:02
Does switching from Online status to Offline status on steam help? For me personally, steam friends is a major source of mouse input lag. Once offline, it goes away and I can aim normally again (affects desktop mouse movement and even other games).
I don't even have Steam installed and I have this floaty mouse issue. Don't think as simple as that thing would help.

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 31 Dec 2022, 13:06

just this ideology alone that you change something and you see/feel a difference need to tell you that this whole problem with perception of reality is fucked up for you
and try to figure out in this direction
no in this infinite loop with infinite amount of possiblity to change every single settings on this planet
normal people doesnt change shit and they play a best
do you really think all this best of best players are just lucky ?? xD common people stop being delusional as fuck

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 31 Dec 2022, 21:05

Unixko wrote:
31 Dec 2022, 13:06
just this ideology alone that you change something and you see/feel a difference need to tell you that this whole problem with perception of reality is fucked up for you
no in this infinite loop with infinite amount of possiblity to change every single settings on this planet
do you really think all this best of best players are just lucky ?? xD common people stop being delusional as fuck
What are you suggesting is delusional? Changing settings and seeing a difference? Do you really think the best players are competing on computers that aren't optimized for their game?

Montilora

Post by Montilora » 01 Jan 2023, 01:19

imprecise, i will try all of these power option changes, thank you!

Montilora

Post by Montilora » 01 Jan 2023, 01:21

lol this guys practically saying he thinks pros don't optimize their pc's LOL

Montilora

Post by Montilora » 01 Jan 2023, 01:44

imprecise wrote:
29 Dec 2022, 11:30
I noticed a significant difference in mouse feel after turning off about 50 power-saving settings in Windows.

viewtopic.php?t=10724
i did changes and felt good difference, it went back to feeling bad and then i restarted pc and i cant say it feels worse or better :(, i wonder what always causes it to go back to such a bad feeling regardless of changes, but on a good note it seems to be more of a positive change and im glad its something i know i can change now :)

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 01 Jan 2023, 06:14

imprecise wrote:
31 Dec 2022, 21:05
Unixko wrote:
What are you suggesting is delusional? Changing settings and seeing a difference? Do you really think the best players are competing on computers that aren't optimized for their game?
no they sit in front of pc doesnt matter which settings inside this pc have they exec they config they play
what ever pc they face they need they config thats it dont need to worry about any windows bios setting on this planet they dont have time to looking for invisible ghost who makes them better they alrdy know they are best

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 01 Jan 2023, 06:31

Unixko wrote:
01 Jan 2023, 06:14
imprecise wrote:
31 Dec 2022, 21:05
Unixko wrote:
no they sit in front of pc doesnt matter which settings inside this pc have they exec they config they play
what ever pc they face they need they config thats it dont need to worry about any windows bios setting on this planet they dont have time to looking for invisible ghost who makes them better they alrdy know they are best
then they come to my PC and they derank all levels and become best of noobs [ tested ] =]