Ryzen vs Intel Input Lag/Latency

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Grasshopper24

Re: Ryzen vs Intel Input Lag/Latency

Post by Grasshopper24 » 09 Jan 2023, 03:09

FPSMaster wrote:
08 Jan 2023, 15:03
Grasshopper24 wrote:
08 Jan 2023, 14:33
FPSMaster wrote:
08 Jan 2023, 14:17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WYIlhzE72s&t=453s Gamer Nexus made a great video about this conspiracy theory that Ryzen would have worse performance and more latency. He set up a Click to Photon Latency test System and made alot of tests with equal performing AMD to Intel System. AMD is even better in some examples and most of the time its equal performing. There you go! (watch the video from beginning, please. Because the link starts at 1min)
I’m sorry but he tested with 3200mhz for Intel. Common knowledge Intel benefits from faster Ram whereas ryzen doesn’t scale the same because it can’t handle it. My points in my post above stand.

That’s what I meant earlier, all these techtubers don’t know how to properly benchmark.
even when testing Intel on high mhz ram, the difference would be so small, its not worth mentioning. Maybe 0.1-0.2ms difference, if not less.
Sorry if I was a little rude, I just realized how not big of a deal this is. At the end of the day it’s just technology; a tool for us to play games or work or whatever. If it gets the job done there’s no point in sweating the small things. The fact these comparisons are coming down to nanoseconds shows how minute of a detail this is.

Regardless of what platform you’re on, if you’re setup is meeting your needs then that’s all that matters.

Sometimes I get lost in the tech. Lost in the sauce if you will.

masneb

Post by masneb » 09 Jan 2023, 06:43

There has been no recent testing with LDAT confirming anything people are saying here, unless someone wants to point to something new for the 7000 series and X3D, it hasn't been tested. This also goes for the 5800X3D.

woodyfly

Post by woodyfly » 08 Jul 2023, 23:12

My question is, are the x3d chips more responsive than regular ryzen cpus? I constantly hear how the x3d are smoother/more fluid even at the same frame rates, etc

Slender

Post by Slender » 09 Jul 2023, 00:34

woodyfly wrote:
08 Jul 2023, 23:12
My question is, are the x3d chips more responsive than regular ryzen cpus? I constantly hear how the x3d are smoother/more fluid even at the same frame rates, etc
you get more fps then usual ryzen, that decrease latency, but some people say it have worse responce.

masneb

Post by masneb » 12 Jul 2023, 03:31

woodyfly wrote:
08 Jul 2023, 23:12
I owned both and as long as you tweak the bios they seem to be very close together, only AMD delivers smoother FPS. I only recommend X3D chips right now. It seems as though the W11 May update did something to mice, which I'm trying to iron out, there is a thread on it here. My mousetester oscillates between 950-1050 on refresh. I may roll back, but currently trying different USB cards.

I don't have a latency analyzer so I couldn't ever test input delay, there are numbers for that online, but I don't think they tell the whole story as it's purely photon to click delay. Still a work in progress.

You're only going to be able to get so much confirmation from user testing here as almost all of us are talking from subjective experience and what little benchmarks are out there.

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 15 Jul 2023, 19:25

I can compare directly AMD and Intel build as i have them both (Intel 11800H + 3060 and Ryzen 7600 desktop + 3060Ti) and since may update which did smoothen the mouse movement somehow a bit, i dont feel any bigger difference, however on desktop the game runs a bit better now due to "natural" decrease of fps with every csgo patch... Waiting for cs2, as csgo suffers from huge inconsistency, the game runs slightly different almost every time (mouse feeling is heavier or less heavier randomly day to day, hour to hour, the rate how much the opponents are prefiring/teleporting/moving innatural speed also differs during daytime/runs), but its not intel vs amd issue, this happens on both.

kek224

Post by kek224 » 30 Jul 2023, 05:00

Tuhin Lavania wrote:
07 Jan 2023, 13:04
latencymon.png

This is on Intel.
This is the lowest i can go. I cant find any tweaks that will help the latency to go lower.
On AMD i was on 0.52-0.53 avg.
First 3 seconds on AMD.
Attachments
kek.jpg
kek.jpg (308.39 KiB) Viewed 3063 times

Voltex

Post by Voltex » 23 Jan 2024, 15:35

windows is just better optimized for intel.. buying amd cpu will result in inconsistant preformance i personly have ryzen 7 5800x and iam getting actuall 1s or more frezes in apex legends dpc is over the roof with spreded out affinitys kernel tweaks disabled idle timecheck interval at 5k ... i could go on and on and general interupt to process latency and dpc latencys are spiking over 1k i dont understand how is nobody talking about it and how is it still not fixed but until then from my experience i suggest dont even think about amd platform. xPerf also hates ryzen if thats important info to anyone. Iam sorry for my eng its not thebest but i hope its good enough to understand issue.

phaze

Post by phaze » 09 Apr 2024, 22:41

Bump we still need confirmation whether intel is still better than "X3D" ryzen CPUs.