Does RTSS Framerate limit lower input lag?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
CoolJosh3k

Does RTSS Framerate limit lower input lag?

Post by CoolJosh3k » 23 Jan 2023, 02:54

I tend to use RivaTuner's Scanline Sync, but I am curious about the input lag of the Framerate limit feature.

Do they give similar low lag, or the frame rate limiter not work quite as well perhaps?

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Does RTSS Framerate limit lower input lag?

Post by RealNC » 24 Jan 2023, 23:06

CoolJosh3k wrote:
23 Jan 2023, 02:54
I tend to use RivaTuner's Scanline Sync, but I am curious about the input lag of the Framerate limit feature.

Do they give similar low lag, or the frame rate limiter not work quite as well perhaps?
Scanline sync uses the frame limiter, so both are the same.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

FPSMaster

Re: Does RTSS Framerate limit lower input lag?

Post by FPSMaster » 25 Jan 2023, 05:00

CoolJosh3k wrote:
23 Jan 2023, 02:54

RTSS Frame rate limiter is the best one, if you want to have stutter free gameplay and smooth frametime graphs. But in most of the games, it doesn't decrease lag, if the GPU is at 100% Usage (even if RTSS Overlay shows your GPU usage is lower).
In that case you want to use a in-game frame limiter that is natively built into the game.
Generally speaking for low delay, you always want to use in-game frame limiters, because those ones do handle the frame buffer queue in a better way. But at a cost of frame time fluctuations.
If you want to have smooth gameplay, use RTSS.