Help with strange latency problem related to audio

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
gemarda

Help with strange latency problem related to audio

Post by gemarda » 28 Jan 2023, 08:14

Hi guys, 1 month ago i bought the Hyperx Cloud II headset, the wired version.

Since then, i felt a huge change in csgo and other games, the movement of the mouse got weird like skating on ice, so sluggish. Some days ago i've tried disconnecting the 7.1 dongle and use the 3.5 jack and voila!. The games are running so responsive again.

The problem here is that using the headset without the dongle can't use the mic since it need to be in the jack port :(. Anyone can help me please? i don't know how to solve this problem, btw my mobo is b450 tuf gaming plus ii with 5800x. Thanks in advance :D.

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Help with strange latency problem related to audio

Post by RealNC » 28 Jan 2023, 10:16

Try putting your mouse and keyboard in different USB ports. It's best to put them on ports that are not connected directly to the CPU.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

gemarda

Post by gemarda » 28 Jan 2023, 11:02

Yes bro, i have both kb and mouse in different Usb ports. The problem comes when i connect the headset through the usb soundcard.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 28 Jan 2023, 21:53

You may have hit your motherboard/USB chipset's low latency processing limits.

Try a PCIe USB card for your headset, to offload the processing overhead.

That means 3 separate chipsets -- one handling your keyboard's Root Hub, one handling your mouse's Root Hub, and a separate third chip handling the headset's Root Hub.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 29 Jan 2023, 02:43

gemarda wrote:
28 Jan 2023, 11:02
Yes bro, i have both kb and mouse in different Usb ports. The problem comes when i connect the headset through the usb soundcard.
Different USB ports doesn't mean much. You should find out if those ports are CPU connected or not. You should check with hwinfo. Find the mouse in hwinfo and see if it mentions something about a "promonotory" bridge. If not, try different ports until it does. Try having your USB audio on a port that's not on a bridge, and you mouse+keyboard on ports that are on a bridge.

This isn't something that's guaranteed to fix the issue. But it's something you can try and maybe it will help, because the CPU will be handling the USB audio, and the chipset will handle the mouse+keyboard input.
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

TheKelz

Post by TheKelz » 29 Jan 2023, 04:52

RealNC wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 02:43
gemarda wrote:
Different USB ports doesn't mean much. You should find out if those ports are CPU connected or not. You should check with hwinfo. Find the mouse in hwinfo and see if it mentions something about a "promonotory" bridge. If not, try different ports until it does. Try having your USB audio on a port that's not on a bridge, and you mouse+keyboard on ports that are on a bridge.

This isn't something that's guaranteed to fix the issue. But it's something you can try and maybe it will help, because the CPU will be handling the USB audio, and the chipset will handle the mouse+keyboard input.
Does this apply to Intel chipsets as well? For instance, I have Asus Rog Maximus XII, my keyboard and mouse are both connected to the only 2 available USB 2.0 ports, but they do not say "promonotory" bridge. Is there any benefit in trying to connect my devices to chipset instead of the CPU?

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 29 Jan 2023, 06:22

TheKelz wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 04:52
Does this apply to Intel chipsets as well? For instance, I have Asus Rog Maximus XII, my keyboard and mouse are both connected to the only 2 available USB 2.0 ports, but they do not say "promonotory" bridge. Is there any benefit in trying to connect my devices to chipset instead of the CPU?
I don't know about the very latest Intel gen, but last time I looked, CPU-connected USB ports were an AMD-only thing.

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 29 Jan 2023, 15:00

TheKelz wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 04:52
RealNC wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 02:43
gemarda wrote:

AMD platforms only "usually" have 2 USB ports that are directly connected to the CPU and do not pass through the chipset. All of intel's platforms however have root hubs and the signal passes through the chipset first. I'm not sure about 13th gen though you might want to check it out. But your XII hero is a Z390 board right? So, Intel Gen 9, which has 1 hub for all the USB ports and it passes through the chipset.
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 29 Jan 2023, 15:00

gemarda wrote:
28 Jan 2023, 08:14
Hi guys, 1 month ago i bought the Hyperx Cloud II headset, the wired version.

Since then, i felt a huge change in csgo and other games, the movement of the mouse got weird like skating on ice, so sluggish. Some days ago i've tried disconnecting the 7.1 dongle and use the 3.5 jack and voila!. The games are running so responsive again.

The problem here is that using the headset without the dongle can't use the mic since it need to be in the jack port :(. Anyone can help me please? i don't know how to solve this problem, btw my mobo is b450 tuf gaming plus ii with 5800x. Thanks in advance :D.
Out of curiosity, what headset did you have before that?
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 29 Jan 2023, 16:22

Op your not the only person:

https://www.reddit.com/r/csgo/comments/ ... ame=iossmf

https://www.overclock.net/threads/heads ... s.1746166/

And I have seen 2-3 different threads talking about this issue, it looks like a mobo issue to me from the surface but who knows.

I personally use a headphone connected to mobos through a Jack, when I keep moving it inside the Jack and out csgo lag changes in 10 seconds to be very less vs when it’s all the way inside the Jack.