Game feels worse as i play

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Montilora

Game feels worse as i play

Post by Montilora » 04 Feb 2023, 12:31

A quick question :), im curious if anyone else has this issue. Now my game always feels terrible draggy floaty feeling and some delay but. When i play on my PC it feels bad but some what playable when i start playing, then it starts feeling worse/ more heavy/floaty feeling as i play and it causes me to do worse. Some days i get on and its unplayable right when i play. But most days it feels bad but playable then it slowly gets worse. Just curious if anyone knows what this could be or what could be causing it. If you have any questions lmk :) Thank you and good luck!

The main game i play is valorant but it happens across all of desktop.
Last edited by Montilora on 07 Feb 2023, 16:19, edited 4 times in total.

Sirito

Re: Game feels worse and worse as i play

Post by Sirito » 04 Feb 2023, 16:04

Montilora wrote:
04 Feb 2023, 12:31
A quick question :), im curious if anyone else has this issue. Now my game always feels terrible draggy floaty feeling and some delay but. When i play on my PC it feels bad but some what playable when i start playing, then it starts feeling worse/ more heavy/floaty feeling as i play and it causes me to do worse. Some days i get on and its unplayable right when i play. But most days it feels bad but playable then it slowly gets worse. Just curious if anyone knows what this could be or what could be causing it. If you have any questions lmk :) Thank you and good luck!

I know that you will not love it if I told you placebo, but I face the same thing in Valorant too (I'm immortal 1 current act), I played the game on my pc and on another pc and in an internet cafe, it is the same shit, so I believe it is my brain.
For you go to internet cafe or try another pc to see if it is you or not, I want to mention that the terrible feel is in the keyboard for me i.e the movement, Mouse is perfectly fine for me all the time.

FPSMaster

Post by FPSMaster » 05 Feb 2023, 12:34

You probably have the "Lag Syndrome"... you experience placebo lag because you tell yourself there is alot of lag. I experienced it myself, even tho my System has low Latency! Your mind can mess with alot of stuff.
Considering every human has around 180-300ms lag (including Muscle Activation and the Stimulus in the Brain), and the "brain lag" changes troughout the gameplay. It can also easily increase itself, if you telling yourself the whole time, there is alot of lag etc. You will automatically play worse, you overreact and have jittery aim.
I caught myself getting the what I call "Lag Syndrome" quiet often, even tho I always have the same Input Latency. Its simply because, in that moment, my Aim/Reaction Time is just not on point.

FPSMaster

Post by FPSMaster » 05 Feb 2023, 12:38

But of course maybe you have some PC Temp Throtelling going on. That means, if your CPU or GPU gets too hot, it with throttle itself in order to reduce temperatures. This will have a big impact on your FPS. So, check your temps! (you can use HW Monitor for that, also test it while playing a game)

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 05 Feb 2023, 13:25

lol at lag syndrome

MisterS0L0

Post by MisterS0L0 » 05 Feb 2023, 16:00

Far more likely the fleshy thing behind the keyboard gets more input lag as you play for longer.

Montilora

Post by Montilora » 07 Feb 2023, 19:01

FPSMaster wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 12:34
You probably have the "Lag Syndrome"... you experience placebo lag because you tell yourself there is alot of lag. I experienced it myself, even tho my System has low Latency! Your mind can mess with alot of stuff.
Considering every human has around 180-300ms lag (including Muscle Activation and the Stimulus in the Brain), and the "brain lag" changes troughout the gameplay. It can also easily increase itself, if you telling yourself the whole time, there is alot of lag etc. You will automatically play worse, you overreact and have jittery aim.
I caught myself getting the what I call "Lag Syndrome" quiet often, even tho I always have the same Input Latency. Its simply because, in that moment, my Aim/Reaction Time is just not on point.
haha. I wish it was "placebo" but it happens everyday. Feels alright then next game it feels worse then worse and worse until it doesnt keep getting worse. Shit doesnt even sound real lol. Some how i still manage to perform well in game but i could do more if it just felt how it should. Anyone can feel how they wanna feel. Believe its real believe its not thats okay :). But i just pray one day i find the cause :)

Montilora

Post by Montilora » 07 Feb 2023, 19:03

FPSMaster wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 12:38
But of course maybe you have some PC Temp Throtelling going on. That means, if your CPU or GPU gets too hot, it with throttle itself in order to reduce temperatures. This will have a big impact on your FPS. So, check your temps! (you can use HW Monitor for that, also test it while playing a game)
i wish it was :(. Ive checked and my temps are fine all around whether im on long or for a short period and my fps is well over 200 90% of the time unless a lot is going on itll drop some what which is fine :)
Specs are 3070ti and Ryzen 7 5800x.

Montilora

Post by Montilora » 07 Feb 2023, 19:06

Sirito wrote:
04 Feb 2023, 16:04
Montilora wrote:

I know that you will not love it if I told you placebo, but I face the same thing in Valorant too (I'm immortal 1 current act), I played the game on my pc and on another pc and in an internet cafe, it is the same shit, so I believe it is my brain.
For you go to internet cafe or try another pc to see if it is you or not, I want to mention that the terrible feel is in the keyboard for me i.e the movement, Mouse is perfectly fine for me all the time.
When it gets worse i just tell my self to keep trying and lately ive been doing well even when its at its worst but it sucks. Ill have to try a PC café soon to test that :) and also pay a genius to come over and check my stuff out :)
That sucks tho i wonder why its the keyboard, are your keyboard inputs or is it something else.

Sirito

Post by Sirito » 07 Feb 2023, 21:15

Montilora wrote:
07 Feb 2023, 19:06
Sirito wrote:
04 Feb 2023, 16:04
Montilora wrote:

When it gets worse i just tell my self to keep trying and lately ive been doing well even when its at its worst but it sucks. Ill have to try a PC café soon to test that :) and also pay a genius to come over and check my stuff out :)
That sucks tho i wonder why its the keyboard, are your keyboard inputs or is it something else.
Same thing, I have this problem for +1 year so I used to play with this shitty feel of heaviness, I can play good but I no longer enjoy the game, about the keyboard I don't think I have input lag but I got something else, my inputs are almost instant but I feel heaviness in the response of the character to it, currently I believe it is a placebo and I live with that.