Game feels worse as i play

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
ChildOfLuna

Re: Game feels worse as i play

Post by ChildOfLuna » 08 Feb 2023, 12:21

Montilora wrote:
04 Feb 2023, 12:31
A quick question :), im curious if anyone else has this issue. Now my game always feels terrible draggy floaty feeling and some delay but. When i play on my PC it feels bad but some what playable when i start playing, then it starts feeling worse/ more heavy/floaty feeling as i play and it causes me to do worse. Some days i get on and its unplayable right when i play. But most days it feels bad but playable then it slowly gets worse. Just curious if anyone knows what this could be or what could be causing it. If you have any questions lmk :) Thank you and good luck!

The main game i play is valorant but it happens across all of desktop.

Similar problem to you. Always when I open the game first time in my case(apex legends, valorant) movements feel very snappy hit reg very good, every bullet hits and after 5-6 min it starts to degrade, my characters feels like it has 1000kg, and hitreg and recoil become much worse and nothing fix it except restarting pc and opening the game again, I swaped out 3 pcs, diffrent isp and still same thing...It happens even on my playstation only there instead of bad hitreg my aim assist stop working and controller becomes kinda lagy after 1 round ! I swear its insaine but its not placeboo for sure because I can see cleary that bullets hit muchhh more when I first open the game the few minutes I play

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 08 Feb 2023, 13:20

Monitor your GPU and CPU temps. At least one user here had lag issues because of high CPU temps:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9727&p=90308#p90308

The longer you play, the higher the temps get obviously until they reach their peak. If you have cooling issues, this might be a possible cause. So monitor your temps.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Thatweirdinputlag

Re: Game feels worse and worse as i play

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 09 Feb 2023, 02:47

Sirito wrote:
07 Feb 2023, 21:15
Montilora wrote:
07 Feb 2023, 19:06
Sirito wrote:
04 Feb 2023, 16:04
Montilora wrote:
04 Feb 2023, 12:31
A quick question :), im curious if anyone else has this issue. Now my game always feels terrible draggy floaty feeling and some delay but. When i play on my PC it feels bad but some what playable when i start playing, then it starts feeling worse/ more heavy/floaty feeling as i play and it causes me to do worse. Some days i get on and its unplayable right when i play. But most days it feels bad but playable then it slowly gets worse. Just curious if anyone knows what this could be or what could be causing it. If you have any questions lmk :) Thank you and good luck!

The main game i play is valorant but it happens across all of desktop.
I know that you will not love it if I told you placebo, but I face the same thing in Valorant too (I'm immortal 1 current act), I played the game on my pc and on another pc and in an internet cafe, it is the same shit, so I believe it is my brain.
For you go to internet cafe or try another pc to see if it is you or not, I want to mention that the terrible feel is in the keyboard for me i.e the movement, Mouse is perfectly fine for me all the time.
When it gets worse i just tell my self to keep trying and lately ive been doing well even when its at its worst but it sucks. Ill have to try a PC café soon to test that :) and also pay a genius to come over and check my stuff out :)
That sucks tho i wonder why its the keyboard, are your keyboard inputs or is it something else.
Same thing, I have this problem for +1 year so I used to play with this shitty feel of heaviness, I can play good but I no longer enjoy the game, about the keyboard I don't think I have input lag but I got something else, my inputs are almost instant but I feel heaviness in the response of the character to it, currently I believe it is a placebo and I live with that.
That is not placebo my dude, I genuinely wish it was. It feels like your character is resisting your inputs, even though the action for "lets say, switching a weapon" starts as soon as you hit the key, the whole animation from that keystroke until the weapon is switched just doesn't feel right and takes more time than it should.
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 12 Feb 2023, 11:21

For input lag bound to keystrokes i recommend to check your keyboard. At rtings i found a sub 1ms input delay keyboard and replaced the mine and the keys react now noticably faster. I had mechanical keyboard with decent switches but from custom brand so the keyboard itself had around 20ms input delay like many others. Now i have Corsair K65 and its much better. On the other hand, i suffer even more from other sources of desync (bad servers, high latency opponents which are simply unkillable and no safe playstyle is possible against them).

timetraveller

Post by timetraveller » 13 Feb 2023, 13:05

It's not placebo. It could be that some automatic power saving features might be activating as temps increases reducing cpu/gpu clocks. Also, if you are using cloth mouse pad and your hand is sweating, it might be creating a sticky surface that will prevent your mouse from moving immediately as soon as you react. I wonder if monitors can suffer from heating issues and produce input lag too as time goes by