Sweaty Optimization Guide (Low Input Lag/High FPS/Competitive Gaming)

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Zodasaur

Re: Sweaty Optimization Guide (Low Input Lag/High FPS/Competitive Gaming)

Post by Zodasaur » 14 Feb 2023, 08:12

Sirito wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 06:40
Zodasaur wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 04:34
Sirito wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 20:54
Sirito wrote:
07 Feb 2023, 16:27

I tried bios and windows tweaks, I had some good games on valorant today (currently immo 1 73rr) after these tweaks but the game is running normally so I don't know if it's a good day for me or the tweaks made a thing, I got some fps boost I think because of bios tweaks, can you tell me what do you mean by swammy feeling?
I want to give an update after almost a week trying only bios, nvidia profile inspector, msi mode for gpu and best core for gpu tweaks.

Valorant still runs insanely good and I hit 300 fps, on average 250 fps with i5 10400, my fps before the guide was like 140-190.
I think the major performance hit was the bios tweaks as I turned many power saving settings off as mentioned in the guide and also changed the ram freq to 3200MHz

Note:I'm running win11 latest stable channel and still didn't try a custom os, I may try revi 11 in the future

My problem with Valorant was that enemies can insta one tap me leaving me with almost zero reaction time to react on them even though I've been immortal 1-2 for 8 continuous acts and this is the only problem I had with Valorant.

So you need to know that my point isn't on input lag, heavy feeling or mouse lag etc.

In the last week I played good games where I fragged +20 kills and bad games where I ended with negative kd but the most important thing that the bad games were really because I whiffed, not because I had no time to even aim or whiff

Maybe this happened because of the boost in frames, or maybe my internet became suddenly good out of nowhere?, I really don't know so I keep testing.

I hope it lasts, Thanks so much op.

Compare your Valorant tapping against a single player game so you know if you're getting tapped because of your internet connection or your hardware configuration.
I didn't mention that my ping is the same with 0 packetloss, is there something else to look at beside the ping?
I play some offline games and I have zero issues with them but they're not fps, what fps single player game will simulate this situation?

Doom Eternal single player.

Sirito

Post by Sirito » 14 Feb 2023, 08:33

Zodasaur wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 08:12
Sirito wrote:
Zodasaur wrote:
Sirito wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 20:54

I want to give an update after almost a week trying only bios, nvidia profile inspector, msi mode for gpu and best core for gpu tweaks.

Valorant still runs insanely good and I hit 300 fps, on average 250 fps with i5 10400, my fps before the guide was like 140-190.
I think the major performance hit was the bios tweaks as I turned many power saving settings off as mentioned in the guide and also changed the ram freq to 3200MHz

Note:I'm running win11 latest stable channel and still didn't try a custom os, I may try revi 11 in the future

My problem with Valorant was that enemies can insta one tap me leaving me with almost zero reaction time to react on them even though I've been immortal 1-2 for 8 continuous acts and this is the only problem I had with Valorant.

So you need to know that my point isn't on input lag, heavy feeling or mouse lag etc.

In the last week I played good games where I fragged +20 kills and bad games where I ended with negative kd but the most important thing that the bad games were really because I whiffed, not because I had no time to even aim or whiff

Maybe this happened because of the boost in frames, or maybe my internet became suddenly good out of nowhere?, I really don't know so I keep testing.

I hope it lasts, Thanks so much op.

Compare your Valorant tapping against a single player game so you know if you're getting tapped because of your internet connection or your hardware configuration.
I didn't mention that my ping is the same with 0 packetloss, is there something else to look at beside the ping?
I play some offline games and I have zero issues with them but they're not fps, what fps single player game will simulate this situation?

I played it on hard in the past for 4 hours and had no problem, it was smooth like butter and I didn't notice this insta shot problem, so does this really imply that the problem in Valorant was internet related and will come back again?

Zodasaur

Post by Zodasaur » 14 Feb 2023, 08:49

Sirito wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 08:33
Zodasaur wrote:
Sirito wrote:
Zodasaur wrote:

I played it on hard in the past for 4 hours and had no problem, it was smooth like butter and I didn't notice this insta shot problem, so does this really imply that the problem in Valorant was internet related and will come back again?
It's almost certainly internet/game server related then. One time I had this same issue and changing my internet connection from Charter cable to Verizon DSL internet fixed it for me. Of course it could also be a serverside problem. Ask other players in your game if they experience the same gameplay problems to rule this out.

Sirito

Post by Sirito » 14 Feb 2023, 10:04

Zodasaur wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 08:49
Sirito wrote:
Zodasaur wrote:
Sirito wrote:

It's almost certainly internet/game server related then. One time I had this same issue and changing my internet connection from Charter cable to Verizon DSL internet fixed it for me. Of course it could also be a serverside problem. Ask other players in your game if they experience the same gameplay problems to rule this out.
no one I know faces this problem even with the same ISP as me, I have one friend on the same area as me too, he doesn't have this problem.

Zodasaur

Post by Zodasaur » 14 Feb 2023, 10:17

Sirito wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 10:04
Zodasaur wrote:
Sirito wrote:
Zodasaur wrote:

no one I know faces this problem even with the same ISP as me, I have one friend on the same area as me too, he doesn't have this problem.

While playing the same game as you are that is messing up, or a different game?

Sirito

Post by Sirito » 14 Feb 2023, 10:59

Zodasaur wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 10:17
Sirito wrote:
Zodasaur wrote:
Sirito wrote:

Yeah all Valorant

Zodasaur

Post by Zodasaur » 14 Feb 2023, 11:11

Sirito wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 10:59
Zodasaur wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 10:17
Sirito wrote:
Zodasaur wrote:

Yeah all Valorant
It's an issue with your internet connection then. You'll need to either move, or switch to a different type of ISP.

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 18 Feb 2023, 23:08

Sirito wrote:
Zodasaur wrote:
Sirito wrote:
Zodasaur wrote:

You should visit friend house for play on your/his setup and figure out something(?).

Sirito

Post by Sirito » 21 Feb 2023, 21:17

InputLagger wrote:
18 Feb 2023, 23:08
Sirito wrote:
Zodasaur wrote:
Sirito wrote:

You should visit friend house for play on your/his setup and figure out something(?).
Valorant still working good till now, I believe that my problem is fixed.

dannyoceanic

Post by dannyoceanic » 01 Mar 2023, 08:59

yeesecretalias wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 07:01
Hello all. :D

This forum was quite helpful in my quest for competitive gaming, low input lag, high FPS, and smoothness in the past. I've decided to drop my own compiled research for anyone interested, as knowledge is best shared!

This project started out with a couple of friends after we got tired of subpar, random, and poor performances out of PC games. We went through a ton of information on the internet to arrive at settings that work fairly well. I've tested 20+ games at this point and all of them run smoothly and without any complaints (with objective FPS/latency data through CapFrameX). There is minimal noticeable input lag on my system, everything feels ultra responsive/instant, and gaming is a lot more fun. Whereas prior to this - it was a stuttering mess and felt delayed.

https://tinyurl.com/sweatypcguide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ILu ... xYJgQ4sxDM (non-shortened link)

Parts of the guide are game-specific for the games I play (Unreal Tournament 4/Aimlab/Kovaaks) and can be ignored, but the rest of the information should have value to everyone. It's also oriented around Nvidia GPU + Intel CPU since this is what our PCs have, and therefore could be tested.

Benchmarks for various games/Latencymon: https://imgur.com/a/eN67YYJ
Part 2: https://imgur.com/a/NznZCkg

HF, and let me know if there's any feedback/questions!
I have a question regarding the enabling of the msi mode for drivers. In the guru3d post you linked to in your guide, it says that the pci devices with negative value for IRQ are in MSI mode. I checked my PCI devices and they all have a negative IRQ value, does that mean I dont have to use MSI utility program ?