League of Legends diff between ranked and normal

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
mago

League of Legends diff between ranked and normal

Post by mago » 12 Feb 2023, 12:45

having good games and able to jukes most of the attacks also ganks
in normal games

played 1/2 games in normal to check for lags then after one game in ranked it all changed
champs appearing from no where already shooting, hooking me up, no pre-animation.
im taking boots first item to avoid attacks cos nasus main and
the enemy moves faster then me

where this lag comes from ?
Ⓢк𝕀lŁ เ𝓢 ᵗⒺм𝕡σr𝐀𝐑Ⓨ, lά𝔾 I𝐬 F𝔬ʳ𝔢𝓿ᗴ𝔯

n1zoo

Re: League of Legends diff between ranked and normal

Post by n1zoo » 12 Feb 2023, 13:19

Same with Valorant. Unrated games are very different from ranked games. Rankeds feels unsmooth, choppy, hitreg, desync problems.

eropsy

Post by eropsy » 12 Feb 2023, 18:05

for me no diff normal or ranked i have huge fps drops with mid end pc.. i do some trick: at the start of the every game in video settings change to windowed, click ok and then change back to your preferred setting fullscreen, bordeless or windowed.

schizobeyondpills

Post by schizobeyondpills » 12 Feb 2023, 20:34

mago wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 12:45
having good games and able to jukes most of the attacks also ganks
in normal games

played 1/2 games in normal to check for lags then after one game in ranked it all changed
champs appearing from no where already shooting, hooking me up, no pre-animation.
im taking boots first item to avoid attacks cos nasus main and
the enemy moves faster then me

where this lag comes from ?
time of day has massive impact on league feel, due to internet usage & noise + dynamic signal/noise compensation akon ur local ISP gateway (people use DSL/internet for netflix and television) so dont play from 19:00 to 23:00
also internet quality scales in being worse and worse the more actions per minute your enemies do, in normals people mostly relax in ranked people tryhard more and theres more going on (worse jitter) to the point that in ranked + high elo you will feel like u never can catch up, even if you have 3 0 over enemy laner it will feel like he is ahead simply from network signal compensation algorithms(even if ping indicator ingame is always showing same number its not anywhere near to being same), also ranked and normals have different servers(routing)

13n47

Post by 13n47 » 13 Feb 2023, 11:53

n1zoo wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 13:19
Same with Valorant. Unrated games are very different from ranked games. Rankeds feels unsmooth, choppy, hitreg, desync problems.
I actually agree with this. I've been trying to understand the netcode, but the fact that unrated games feel better as well as playing on a smurf on lower ranks gives me a vibe it has to do with server performance. Perhaps they can't handle 10 players sending 128 ticks to the server all at once. On lower ranks and unrated, you'll more likely to have people with worse computers and the server will extrapolate the blanks, making enemy movement look smoother. In beta the packet send rate was 73 packets per second IIRC and could be the reason why at some point after they increased it, players started noticing the inconsistent gameplay, ferrari peeks, hit reg problems, etc.

mago

Post by mago » 13 Feb 2023, 16:25

me2 in Valorant
there diff between
DM is close to smooth
unranked is kinda playable but not fun
ranked lag right and left
Ⓢк𝕀lŁ เ𝓢 ᵗⒺм𝕡σr𝐀𝐑Ⓨ, lά𝔾 I𝐬 F𝔬ʳ𝔢𝓿ᗴ𝔯