Windows 11 latest insider build

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
canx66

Re: Windows 11 latest insider build

Post by canx66 » 06 Mar 2023, 07:18

For me it was a miracle! I installed the insider Build, but the 1 newer one. And it helped a lot! Night and day. Even with 4000hz mouse

andrelip

Post by andrelip » 06 Mar 2023, 11:56

No difference here with 1000hz testing in CSGO (GPro X Superlight).

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 06 Mar 2023, 14:39

canx66 wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 07:18
For me it was a miracle! I installed the insider Build, but the 1 newer one. And it helped a lot! Night and day. Even with 4000hz mouse
Reminder part of the fix is everything being smooth immiedately after any windows reinstall, but in theory it should get worse pretty soon. So be ready

masneb

Post by masneb » 09 Mar 2023, 00:05

Hope these changes get backported to w10 with a community hack. OP should really make this threads title something a bit more descriptive.

Bloedboer

Post by Bloedboer » 09 Mar 2023, 13:34

According to the engineer it will not get backported to win 10.

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 10 Mar 2023, 08:49

Personally I'm getting explorer hangs upon refreshing desktop screen multiple times, here's an event viewer log entry;

Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.25314.1000, time stamp: 0x1ce57aa6
Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Immersive.dll, version: 10.0.25314.1000, time stamp: 0x94d82a14
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000011dd9
Faulting process ID: 0x0x4128
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D953564D01B380
Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Immersive.dll
Report ID: d9ab4c6b-ec26-4581-9907-3c7944d4bd9d
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Also another Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.DLL

"This dynamic linking library (Windows.UI.Immersive.dll) is part of the programmable UI which can be used for the touch keyboard and handwriting panel. It contains methods for showing and hiding the input box for writing:
The touch keyboard enables text entry for Windows Store apps on devices that support touch and don’t have a built-in or peripheral keyboard. The touch keyboard is invoked when a user taps on an editable input field, and is dismissed when the input field loses focus. The touch keyboard is used for text entry only."

To be expected though, am on canary channel I believe so there's going to be issues with this early a build especially with the raw input request changes being so recently applied, but mouse movement still feels less constrained than prior to updating!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 10 Mar 2023, 19:58

Bloedboer wrote: ...
TheKelz wrote: ...
Posts deleted.

That topic does not belong in this thread, I don't want General to be more aware of those topic, due to wild goose chases to red herrings. Please do not mention that topic in General. It exists merely to incubate discussion among advanced users, but too many people are starting to ask questions.

Mentioning that topic this General forum only causes mainstream to go "huh?" and start unnecessarily start talking too much or asking more questions about a problem that exists but only happen rarely. Although it is a problem, I'd rather people even mention that word only in that dedicated forum topic. Too much of a weaponized/politicized-style offtopic distraction in General, distracting from Blur Busters' mission.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 10 Mar 2023, 20:09

canx66 wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 07:18
Ragerlis wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 17:56
My mouse movement got better, way more precise and got a more stable experience ingame, especially in resource hungry games.
[...]
Its promissing but not really stable atm.
andrelip wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 11:56
No difference here with 1000hz testing in CSGO (GPro X Superlight).
This build makes a major difference only if you've got a lot of mouse listeners, enough to bog down performance more than the debug performance penalty of using a Developer-class Insider build (Which does a lot of debugging logging behind the scenes).

However, I did notice that the latest "Dev" alpha channel Insider Build does definitely make the Razer 8Khz perform better in certain games, but not in others -- so your mileage may vary. But at the time I tried it out, it is not even "Beta" channel, you have to switch to the "Dev" channel, which is now renamed "Canary" channel -- the very alpha builds of Windows. These are very BUGGY builds of Windows, so be warned.

Performance benefit is highly variable. It's hard to say (at this alpha / Developer / Canary league) whether the performance improvements of Microsoft's mouse optimizations exceeds the performance overheads of using a debugging-tracing-ridden Insider Developer build of Windows 11 that also happens to be incompatible some software that I use. Definitely don't use it as a daily driver.

So pros/cons, as I said.

But once this mouse optimization hits retail builds -- more people will benefit!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 14 Mar 2023, 19:36

So I’ve now noticed on this new build, that I can forcibly crash explorer, but not a hard crash that will force close a running game or app with an error message, games will keep running during this and are playable after the crash.
It’s more like a quick crash and refresh, where the desktop icons and start bar will quickly flash away and reappear.

This happens when repeatedly right clicking and refreshing desktop screen (as mentioned in another post somewhere, is a personal habit I have always done) and when this crash happens, will loop indefinitely if spamming left and right click.
When stopped clicking, desktop will refresh.

Now the other weird thing is just before this crash, the mouse begins to move erratically where accurately landing on refresh is no longer possible.
After the crashes and desktop refresh the mouse feels precise again.

yanot

Post by yanot » 25 May 2023, 13:54

Hello,
I'm trying to see if this change made it to live builds. Especially with Moment 3 update released earlier this week.

So far, the only mention i found of this change is in Windows 11 Build 23424 dev build. As far as i know, consecutive dev builds have this change too. But I found no confirmation/info.

Anyone has more info on this topic, or know the magic behind Windows build numbers?