Bios help

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Airon

Bios help

Post by Airon » 22 Feb 2023, 06:44

Hello.

I have an Asrock Steel Legend z690 motherboard with Intel 13600k. I have now downloaded SCEWIN and am trying to turn off as many power savings as possible.

What I'm wondering is if someone could list all possible power savings that can be turned off. I myself have had all C-states turned off, ASPM.

But there are probably many, many more. Have any tips?

Tiberiusmoon

Re: Bios help

Post by Tiberiusmoon » 22 Feb 2023, 07:26

Disable anything that mentions iGPU so you have more processing power.

Settings that dynamically change the frequency and voltage would be a form of power save, so rather than have one or a few cores running fast you can set all the core to be locked at the CPU's turbo frequency and adjust the voltage so the temperatures are stable under high load.

Info: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... 0-ghz.html
So for your CPU you have 6 performance cores and 8 efficent cores.
The base frequency of your perf cores is 3.50 and Eff 2.60, you can tweak the BIOS to run them at their turbo frequencies of 5.10 for perf and 3.90 for eff.

Other than that its a matter of googling any setting you don't understand because not all motherboard settings are the same.

Bobo

Post by Bobo » 22 Feb 2023, 17:18

The majority of mobos come crippled by default, there are so many features they keep hidden that have a big influence on the gaming experience. i have a z370 aorus gaming 5 (trash mobo), i can`t even disable c-states on it cuz the actual c-states settings are hidden and only C0/C1 is available.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 26 Feb 2023, 19:39

thizito wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 19:04
You need a hug. 🤗
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 26 Feb 2023, 21:04

thizito wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 08:21
first, you are hurting your uefi
you dont know what scewin does and how it will corrupt your bios.
im surprised the scewin works in newer boards.. newer boards have write protection i.e Flash Protection Range Registers (FPRR)

flash your bios to 1 version before the last one
now flash your bios to the last version
now without a program that corrupts your bios
disable c-state and hypertheading
use conservative clocks and tune ram at conservative aswell
the secret is buying the right components , not applying bullshit spelled by tards in muh "sCeWiN GuIdE OpTiMiZaTiOn"
About flashing the BIOS.

Is there any benefit to flashing to the previous version before the latest if you can successfully flash directly to the latest?
I flashed my current mobo directly to the latest BIOS, and I don't think I have any issues.