Heavy mouse feeling

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
holiday

Re: Heavy mouse feeling

Post by holiday » 17 Mar 2023, 16:09

jorimt wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 13:22
holiday wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 13:09
No, markC set the binary’s to achieve a linear curve so there is no accel.

Since csgo use the smoothmousecurves somehow markC won’t work. You have to set all binary’s to 00.

Also the cpl or cheese mousefix won’t work (I know they are for wind xp) I used them for testing cause different binary values gives you a different mousefeeling.
That’s why ppl say win7 sens is different from 8, 10 and 11 in csgo.
Replace the "pretty much the same" from my original reply with "similar" then. I haven't used the MarkC fix for years myself because I assumed it wouldn't necessarily work as intended in the very latest versions of Windows 10 and 11 anyway.

I merely glanced at the post you linked and thought it looked very similar to the MarkC fix. The fact any of this has be considered to achieve true raw input in CS:GO on modern operating system is silly, for sure. The game needs an engine update.
Indeed, the engine needs an update. This problem exist since 1998 with the half-life engine. They add a work around m_filter. But this option is missing in csgo cause I guess valve thought rawinput will fix it but they need to fix their code in the engine. I mean why they use ingame commands for acceleration thresholds that winxp used in a game from 2012?

jorimt

Post by jorimt » 22 Mar 2023, 17:33

holiday wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 16:09
Indeed, the engine needs an update.
Speaking of the devil:
https://www.counter-strike.net/cs2

Wonder if it will including any input updates?
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 22 Mar 2023, 18:07

jorimt wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 17:33
holiday wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 16:09
Indeed, the engine needs an update.
Speaking of the devil:
https://www.counter-strike.net/cs2

Wonder if it will including any input updates?
They have new tickless system where is there no ticks , I don’t how this gona get affected by electricity latencies issues.

jorimt

Post by jorimt » 22 Mar 2023, 18:14

Mugabi wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 18:07
They have new tickless system where is there no ticks , I don’t how this gona get affected by electricity latencies issues.
The sub-tick update system won't affect EMI, since EMI would affect the local system being played on, not the remote server directly.

Also, serious EMI issues would typically appear as frequent hard stalls/system freezes of 1 second or more (due to an increase in hardware-level error corrections), but let's not derail the thread with EMI talk further, or it will probably have to be relocated to:
viewforum.php?f=24
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)

Kvcc0611

Post by Kvcc0611 » 29 Jun 2023, 18:44

Airon wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 06:40
Hello!

I have experienced over 4 years that the mouse feels heavy in CSGO. Mouse does not feel snappy and this comes over time. Many people believe that this has electrical causes, but that is not my case as I have tried my PC in 15 different places around the country (Norway). Mouse feels imprecise and feels like you have a dead zone that is similar to a puddle. I have 20 years of experience with PCs and have tried to make many tweaks within BIOS, Regedit, Bcdedit, Gpedit.msc etc. I have had 7 different PCs throughout 2022 with different motherboards from all the different manufacturers, both AMD and Intel. I have replaced EVERYTHING! That would also mean video cards, monitors, ram, power supplies, mouse, keyboard, external network cards and sound cards, 3 different ISP’s. I have tried high quality UPS, power filters and I can say right away that it has nothing to do with the electrical or hardware! I've even had electricians here re-run tests with a device to monitor what happens when things are good and not good.

To my question:

When I have a discord stream or a youtube movie running in the background while I play, the mouse is ABSOLUTELY perfect. The entire gaming experience is completely changed. Screen is VERY clean, Why??? There is no screen tearing, heavy mouse, the mouse is snappy and everything is 100% good. If I turn off the discord stream, things are just as bad again after 1 minute. It should be said that when things are good, I watch someone else's discord stream. I have tried time resolutions, hardware acceleration both on and off, but this makes no difference. I've tried monitoring which resources are running when things are good and when things are bad, but can't see any changes. I suspected at first that it might have something to do with interupts, but I have brown MSI Tool to enter variable interupts, but this is not the cause. The same problem happens if I stop using the mouse for 40 seconds and then start using it again, the mouse is perfectly fine and snappy, but gets heavier and heavier over time (1 minute). Why??

The only thing I wonder is why the mouse is perfect, and the game experience 100% good when I look at someone else's discord stream while playing? Its like when i use my mouse when things is good, i can shake it with 0 deadzone and its very fast.

Are there any clever minds out there who have an explanation for this, and how it can be solved?

And yes, i have mouse acceleration turned off, and high power plan activated.

Thank you in advance🙏🏼

Did you find what causes ?