just an example how people see the problems and daily issues...

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
blackmagic

Re: just an example how people see the problems and daily issues...

Post by blackmagic » 14 Mar 2023, 06:46

and i dont rly believe in graphs...

want know the reason ?

i saw players on twitch and clips with graph on and the players had huge flucations in ping and even packetlosses going on and showing like total 50% loss...but he could still perform good and hitreg still worked correct...no big changes...no degrading...for many matches...

how possible ? should he dont have huge hitreg issues with such graph ? and hit nothing ?

i think such clips are the best proof that all this graphs just worth nothing...

if this +-8ms or even 30ms flucation from server rly matter then i call this just bullshit.
that what my logic tells me.

get clumsy and test everything by yourself...
setup an server and install there clumsy too...

now you have everything you need to test and get the real proofs.

now have fun with graph guys.
enjoy.

but dont forget to get an graph for your electricity too...

so you cover everything with graph...hahahaha :lol:

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 14 Mar 2023, 07:03

There are many reasons this situation exists:

1: Developers need to maximize how many people play. Not everyone is going to optimize their system for the highest level of competition. Many people will be running old computers and will feel excluded if they can't play at a similar level as other players on their old system. Developers want these players to be in the game, and we should want them too. Competitive games are healthiest with millions of players rather than a small group of hardcore players.

2: Internet issues. There's always lag, and pings are never going to be the same. CS 1.6 had some of the best netcode of any game possible, but it led to huge disadvantages when over 50 ping. That's a small ping that doesn't allow for a large number of players to compete within a region. Developers have chosen to give lower pings a disadvantage to expand the size of a region so more players can play together at a competitive level.

3: It's easier to leave things as they are than to find a solution. A player with good internet and 400fps updates accurately to the server and is positioned accurately, while a player with poor internet and 80fps will teleport around and not be in accurate position. Most good players can adjust to the lag and use it to their advantage, so in the higher ranks you run into more teleporting players than at lower ranks.

4: Cheating is rampant, and cheaters know exploiting the netcode is one of the easiest ways to have an advantage without being caught. Again, developers want more players, even if they are cheaters, so they won't do much about them unless the community is making a big deal out of it. Just look at the recent Tarkov drama as a good example of this situation.

5: Poor server performance. Developers want to spend the least amount on servers as possible, which leads to poor server performance. This can be due to bad/old/slow hardware in the servers, bad network equipment, bad network routing, and cheaters exploiting unfair advantage.

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 14 Mar 2023, 07:08

dervu wrote:
14 Mar 2023, 06:38
If you really think there is advantage like that, why don't you just have own server (unless it is not working on your own servers somehow) and have two clients with different skill rating and show those differences instead of throwing random videos without any data, where you can't even know if someone had lag or not.
what data ? what advantage to proof ?

i dont throw random videos...

i turst many videos and many opinions and experiences that exist out there in the wide web world...

you know the game "connect the dots" ?

that how my mind works and i dont even need to proof something because everything and all already out there...THE DATA and THE PROOFS .

just open eyes...

this forum had already how many proofs ?
and what are the results ?
was it lag or not lag ?
who knows ?