Using NVIDIA's Control Panel + Profile Inspector to reduce input lag in games?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Sirito

Re: Using NVIDIA's Control Panel + Profile Inspector to reduce input lag in games?

Post by Sirito » 23 Mar 2023, 22:42

Regarding NCP tweaking, I've found that changing some 3D settings introuduces artifacts in some games like Doom Eternal, RDR2 and also games like Cult of the Lamb, they can miss with the whole game graphic too like making it too sharp and ugly, I thought these were glithces in the games but when I changed NCP back to use default 3D options or use 3D application settings and every artifact/flickering disappeared, Do you know what is the reason for this? and does it happen with all or only me?
Note: Some of these settings were anti aliasing and texture filtering.

TechDeck97

Re: Using NVIDIA's Control Panel + Profile Inspector to reduce input lag in games?

Post by TechDeck97 » 25 Mar 2023, 15:00

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 21:23
If you don't mind a complicated setting, then; use Quick Frame Transport and a lower refresh rate.

Then you need to:
1. Turn your 144Hz monitor to 60Hz monitor via 144Hz Quick Frame Transport.
2. Use RTSS Scanline Sync, and calibrate tearing to just right above top edge of the screen (not below bottom edge).
Indeed, this does look like a complicated solution for someone not so experienced with custom monitor calibrations.

I might give it a shot, as long as everything can be done safely, without risking harm to my monitor, but nonetheless, it's no problem if I'm unable to do it.

When upgrading, I'll look into either a FreeSync-compatible GPU, or maybe a GSync monitor, but nonetheless, I'm glad you posted this so that anyone who's in the same situation can attempt this.

Thanks again for all the info Chief :D !