what your theory that many developers don't talk ?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
blackmagic

what your theory that many developers don't talk ?

Post by blackmagic » 15 Mar 2023, 09:05

want to hear some conspiraricy about everything and all but especially why the developers don't talk to much about all the problems that are discussed like in this forum and many other platforms out there...

where people talk about hitreg, delay, network, input lag, desync, pls help me i feel 0,5sec behind server...blabla...

i mean developers are the closest people to there work and game...this people must for sure know everything what is going on and happen in there own pro online game...

those people have spectate options or they can just play there own game for some hour or more easy...they can look at all the data and stats they collect and just see the huge problems and gaps that exist between skill and ranks and input lag and the players...:lol:

but for some reason developers are always try to avoid all this talk...

there support just says: maybe bad isp ? bad routing ? bad this bad that ?

this people never see the fault by themself...same like the community of that game which tryhard to defend them at everything and the game and the good servers...these can't be never the problem !

but developers are those people who can fix things or not ? and make it more fair ? or i am wrong ?

if isp can't help the people to solve problem then who can help ?

YES RIGHT ! DEVELOPERS ! WHICH WORK EACH DAY ON THERE PERFECT NETCODE AND OPTIMIZATIONS...ALL FOR FAIRPLAY !

but maybe they don't want there game to be fair ? maybe that the point and how the cash cow works ? or maybe they dont want that many get pro at something ? and are nerfing some locations and some amount of players on purpose ?

how about that theory people ? you think about that once ?
the developers are having all the tools to do really dirty and evil things...and it's all possible.
Last edited by blackmagic on 15 Mar 2023, 09:26, edited 1 time in total.

holiday

Re: what your theory that many developers don't talk ?

Post by holiday » 15 Mar 2023, 09:25

I dont think that. Publisher also have to work with internet provider and sometimes there is the problem. I guess they dont improve some bugs cause they found it late and everyone is used to that or they dont even find it at all.

jorimt

Post by jorimt » 15 Mar 2023, 09:29

blackmagic wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 09:05
In 99% of cases, there's nothing shady going on; most developers are busy trying to keep their games up-to-date and profitable while working within the constraints of the technology many users seem to refuse to believe or understand the level of.

It's a miracle anything works as well as it does, and gamers simply take that for granted in most cases.

That said, knowing what I do, I've given up on online PvP the past few years entirely; netcode and ISP limitations (especially when playing globally), as well as rampant cheating issues ensure that. Online PvE games (and obviously offline games) are typically mostly safe from this though.
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)

Sirito

Post by Sirito » 15 Mar 2023, 11:50

blackmagic wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 09:05
want to hear some conspiraricy about everything and all but especially why the developers don't talk to much about all the problems that are discussed like in this forum and many other platforms out there...

where people talk about hitreg, delay, network, input lag, desync, pls help me i feel 0,5sec behind server...blabla...

i mean developers are the closest people to there work and game...this people must for sure know everything what is going on and happen in there own pro online game...

those people have spectate options or they can just play there own game for some hour or more easy...they can look at all the data and stats they collect and just see the huge problems and gaps that exist between skill and ranks and input lag and the players...:lol:

but for some reason developers are always try to avoid all this talk...

there support just says: maybe bad isp ? bad routing ? bad this bad that ?

this people never see the fault by themself...same like the community of that game which tryhard to defend them at everything and the game and the good servers...these can't be never the problem !

but developers are those people who can fix things or not ? and make it more fair ? or i am wrong ?

if isp can't help the people to solve problem then who can help ?

YES RIGHT ! DEVELOPERS ! WHICH WORK EACH DAY ON THERE PERFECT NETCODE AND OPTIMIZATIONS...ALL FOR FAIRPLAY !

but maybe they don't want there game to be fair ? maybe that the point and how the cash cow works ? or maybe they dont want that many get pro at something ? and are nerfing some locations and some amount of players on purpose ?

how about that theory people ? you think about that once ?
the developers are having all the tools to do really dirty and evil things...and it's all possible.
How the developers would trust that you really have a problem and it's not a skill issue? you don't have any numbers.

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 15 Mar 2023, 14:58

Games still allow laggy players to disappear and teleport to a new position, so my theory is they're hiding and trying to maximize their income without addressing real problems.

jorimt

Post by jorimt » 15 Mar 2023, 15:18

imprecise wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 14:58
Games still allow laggy players to disappear and teleport to a new position, so my theory is they're hiding and trying to maximize their income without addressing real problems.
Are you at all acquainted with netcode limitations or cheaters? Both can cause this.

Are you also aware that the majority of online games are, roughly, in layman's terms, predictive models that effectively try to reconstruct and recreate your local inputs on the remote server, and then map them to the other players' inputs to approximate some form of sync?

I.E. none of it is 1:1 for anyone. A lot can and does go wrong because of this, and there's technical limitations to how well each development studio can pull it off in their given game using their particular engine.

In other words, if the majority of online comp enthusiast fully understood how all this worked at the technical level, and how little the devs can ultimately do to mitigate the issues brought about by the technical limitations of current-day global network infrastructure and computing, a good chunk of players would probably stop seriously playing online PvP altogether.

Local LAN online games are not.

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 15 Mar 2023, 15:28

Your position is in agreement that it's a real problem, and that everyone should quit the games.

I have personally thought of a few ways this can be addressed, but I'm not in the industry. It's not too surprising a difficult problem isn't being addressed when people keep buying the same repackaged problems every year, and writing off any potential of it being fixed.

jorimt

Post by jorimt » 15 Mar 2023, 15:44

imprecise wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 15:28
Your position is in agreement that it's a real problem, and that everyone should quit the games.
I'm not suggesting anyone should outright quit playing. I'm saying serious players should educate themselves on the current technological limitations of online gaming, and if they still find it at all appealing after educating themselves on it, to play more recreationally and less seriously (you know, for "fun") with the understanding that pure skill isn't always going to be the sole factor of winning consistently in online games due to said technological limitations.

For it to get any better (aka "LAN-level"), everyone playing the same online game would effectively need the same relative level of PC specs and input devices, the same ISP quality (ping, etc), and the global network infrastructure would have to improve and normalize to a point that differences in ISP service providers is virtually non-existent, and extreme distances no longer factor in.

Whether all that will ever happen is the question (unlikely in the near-term, for sure). Until then, these conspiracy theory-level threads on supposed malicious dev practices (and EMI the past few years here) are unproductive to say the least.

Discounting any players in denial about their own skill level, per-game netcode implementation, PC specs, and ISP quality differences (both nationally and internationally) from user-to-user, along with server distance from other players in a given server from session-to -session, already account for at least 95% of complaints on this subject.

Boop

Post by Boop » 15 Mar 2023, 16:04

jorimt wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 15:44
understanding that pure skill isn't always going to be the sole factor of winning consistently in online games due to said technological limitations.
Modern FPS game devs are also mixing together MNK players and controller players with heavy aim assist in ranked play. There are no FPS games that are truly balanced unless it's on LAN with the same configuration for all players.

I think poor design decisions and technical limitations are being mistaken for conspiracies by some people.

jorimt

Post by jorimt » 15 Mar 2023, 16:14

Boop wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 16:04
Modern FPS game devs are also mixing MNK players and controller players with heavy aim assist together in ranked play.
Right, as I mentioned in my previous post, input device parity between players in the same match is another factor.

It's perplexing that they allow mixed input types in some online games, even to the extent where full aim-assist on controllers is retained, which can be near cheat-level depending on the game.