what your theory that many developers don't talk ?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Boop

Re: what your theory that many developers don't talk ?

Post by Boop » 15 Mar 2023, 16:36

phpBB [video]

Good example of a pro player with aim assist in a ranked game. He destroys everyone in his path with aim assist, but as soon as he throws a smoke grenade on the ground his aim assist is completely disabled and he can't hit anything.

Some games shouldn't be played seriously unless you're willing to do everything possible to win, e.g., switching to the "optimal" input device. I think the Apex devs have made a horrible decision by mixing players with different input devices in ranked/comp. No conspiracy just bad decisions.

jorimt

Post by jorimt » 15 Mar 2023, 22:09

Boop wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 16:36
Good example of a pro player with aim assist in a ranked game. He destroys everyone in his path with aim assist, but as soon as he throws a smoke grenade on the ground his aim assist is completely disabled and he can't hit anything.
Oof, yeah. Controller AA can be absurdly OP.

On the flip-side, I remember attempting to play BLOPS II on PC when it first released with a controller where AA wasn't allowed online, just to see if it was possible, and obviously getting smoked constantly by MKB players. I actually tried it long enough to get "okay" after tons of sensitivity tweaking and muscle memory, but it was not enough to place anywhere in the rankings consistently, and my K/D ratio was getting pathetic.

Controller aim without any form of AA in FPS games is ultimately not viable in my experience, be it against other controller players using AA or MKB players. Needless to say, I use MKB in everything but some third-person action/adventure SP games that don't require aiming.
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 17 Mar 2023, 06:05

Sirito wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 11:50
blackmagic wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 09:05
want to hear some conspiraricy about everything and all but especially why the developers don't talk to much about all the problems that are discussed like in this forum and many other platforms out there...

where people talk about hitreg, delay, network, input lag, desync, pls help me i feel 0,5sec behind server...blabla...

i mean developers are the closest people to there work and game...this people must for sure know everything what is going on and happen in there own pro online game...

those people have spectate options or they can just play there own game for some hour or more easy...they can look at all the data and stats they collect and just see the huge problems and gaps that exist between skill and ranks and input lag and the players...:lol:

but for some reason developers are always try to avoid all this talk...

there support just says: maybe bad isp ? bad routing ? bad this bad that ?

this people never see the fault by themself...same like the community of that game which tryhard to defend them at everything and the game and the good servers...these can't be never the problem !

but developers are those people who can fix things or not ? and make it more fair ? or i am wrong ?

if isp can't help the people to solve problem then who can help ?

YES RIGHT ! DEVELOPERS ! WHICH WORK EACH DAY ON THERE PERFECT NETCODE AND OPTIMIZATIONS...ALL FOR FAIRPLAY !

but maybe they don't want there game to be fair ? maybe that the point and how the cash cow works ? or maybe they dont want that many get pro at something ? and are nerfing some locations and some amount of players on purpose ?

how about that theory people ? you think about that once ?
the developers are having all the tools to do really dirty and evil things...and it's all possible.
How the developers would trust that you really have a problem and it's not a skill issue? you don't have any numbers.
because i used all my skill that possible...and the result was = i just got worse and only worse...nothing helps to improve and no matter how or which strategy i use...

you know what muscle memory is and how it works in online games ? or just games at all ?

even as kids we get this ability and it improves with the time and gets better (normally how it works)...but that how we able to finish games and many other tasks in our life...thanks to the muscle memory.

and my muscle memory for some reason are gone lost in online games and changed one day completely...it becomes pure hell and random of memory....its now always hard random and bad experience with zero improvments.

it just don't works more like in the past here...that what i noticed.

and i think that the main point and why this forum and topic even exist...and why some players who experienced the same thing and change like me are searching for answers and reasons...WHY ME ?? AND HOW ?? that the MAIN questions...

so i don't believe that this an skill issue what i have and many players having same like me but only with the difference that many of these players don't know or can even imagine how the online games can work if everything fine and the muscle memory are handling the rest and kicks in...

developers for sure must know what muscle memory is and how it develops...

look i played football as kid and can do some tricks and learned some stuff...

and guess what ?

i still can do all this today...it works ! no input lag...

even after many years of dont playing football and dont perform those tricks...

but i still can do them and my brain and feet remember how to do these tricks.