League of Legends stutter

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
mago

League of Legends stutter

Post by mago » 18 Mar 2023, 12:01

Included video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULqmJGsoPq0
[try x0.5 to see the stutter more clearly]

When i uncap the fps and change the champ direction this weird stutter appear
when i cap it to 240 fps the mouse is still lagging [so the champ will correct his direction after a sec or less]
but there no stutter like this

What could cause this kind of lagging and stuttering ?
tyvm

things i tried:
unplug kb
change usb port
using mobo hdmi

cant be sure of it but when changing the graphic settings to power save mode [ using the iGPU ]
it does helps
Ⓢк𝕀lŁ เ𝓢 ᵗⒺм𝕡σr𝐀𝐑Ⓨ, lά𝔾 I𝐬 F𝔬ʳ𝔢𝓿ᗴ𝔯

imprecise

Re: League of Legends stutter

Post by imprecise » 18 Mar 2023, 15:11

What's your PC setup?
GPU setting change could indicate overheating, something with drivers like settings or a bug, RAM being in XMP when it's not fast enough.

I just rewatched the video, looks like 3070 and temps look fine. Is it really running at 600-800fps? There's really no need for that, probably asking for issues. Can you try again with a reasonable cap... maybe 200-300fps?

mago

Post by mago » 18 Mar 2023, 16:24

imprecise wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 15:11
What's your PC setup?
GPU setting change could indicate overheating, something with drivers like settings or a bug, RAM being in XMP when it's not fast enough.

I just rewatched the video, looks like 3070 and temps look fine. Is it really running at 600-800fps? There's really no need for that, probably asking for issues. Can you try again with a reasonable cap... maybe 200-300fps?
Im playing in like 120fps in this game
just wanted to know if that can bring same light on the problem overall
cos every game has some lag, might be related

and also it just the start of the game no minions or something running in the background thats why its so high

as i said when im enabling the cap to 240fps it doesnt seem to show any stutter but
it does lag, the direction i make the champ do register like sec later

specs:
12700k @ 4.9ghz
rtx 3070
32gb ddr4 3000mhz
z690 gigabyte
Ⓢк𝕀lŁ เ𝓢 ᵗⒺм𝕡σr𝐀𝐑Ⓨ, lά𝔾 I𝐬 F𝔬ʳ𝔢𝓿ᗴ𝔯

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 18 Mar 2023, 16:36

I would recommend following this guide and seeing if the issue remains:

viewtopic.php?t=11799

It could be RAM related. If you're overclocking the CPU, that could be the issue as well. Are you able to turn off the iGPU in BIOS?