Hardware accelerated gpu scheduling on windows server

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Avallac

Hardware accelerated gpu scheduling on windows server

Post by Avallac » 23 Mar 2023, 20:28

Followed the suggestion on here to use windows server instead of regular windows for better latency/frametime consistency and such. Installed windows server 2019 and its been working fine after manually editing some intel Ethernet drivers to make them work. Unfortunately there is no option for hardware gpu scheduling and things like DLSS frame generation don't work because of it. Does anyone know any way of enabling hw scheduling on windows server? Is there even much benefit latency wise to using server when you can't even use hardware scheduling on it?

deama

Re: Hardware accelerated gpu scheduling on windows server

Post by deama » 01 Apr 2023, 17:01

I think the guys were just speculating on better latency with the windows server, unless you're planning on playing a specific competitive game, it's not really worth it.

I think the only improvement with windows server is the lack of bloatware, that's about it innit?

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 01 Apr 2023, 17:33

deama wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 17:01
I think the guys were just speculating on better latency with the windows server, unless you're planning on playing a specific competitive game, it's not really worth it.

I think the only improvement with windows server is the lack of bloatware, that's about it innit?
That and the ability to completely disable updates . In normal windows, you can’t really disable update, it will download stuff in the background whether u like it or not lol

timecard

Post by timecard » 01 Apr 2023, 22:37

You could just "delete" the related windows update services/scheduled tasks.