what type of input lag is this?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
qvik18

what type of input lag is this?

Post by qvik18 » 24 Mar 2023, 11:58

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif (222.18 KiB) Viewed 3443 times
So what type of issue am i facing? As you can see my mouse is not moving is straight line rather it is moving in some sort of angular motion,
am getting sick of this as i play fps games and recoil is not controllable.

nrete

Re: what type of input lag is this?

Post by nrete » 24 Mar 2023, 13:06

Hi,
Sorry, I probably missed the idea behind the video as you referred to input lag, but if your main concern, actually, is the diagonal movement of the mouse, it seems natural to me and most likely caused by the way you hold (or move) the mouse. If you were to move your hand in a straight line, while the mouse is slightly rotated, cursor is bound to move diagonally to some extent.

If adjusting your grip or testing other mouse shapes isn't a good option, you may consider installing 'raw accel' app, it allows you to adjust sensor orientation, although I feel that you shouldn't compensate for bad technique with software.
Check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73Jnj0uAJEU

Apologies if I misunderstood your query.

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 24 Mar 2023, 18:34

I remember seeing an app that allowed you to change the angle, for the life of me cannot remember the name of the app though.
If it's a misaligned sensor then that would help.

qvik18

Post by qvik18 » 24 Mar 2023, 20:08

nrete wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 13:06
Hi,
Sorry, I probably missed the idea behind the video as you referred to input lag, but if your main concern, actually, is the diagonal movement of the mouse, it seems natural to me and most likely caused by the way you hold (or move) the mouse. If you were to move your hand in a straight line, while the mouse is slightly rotated, cursor is bound to move diagonally to some extent.

If adjusting your grip or testing other mouse shapes isn't a good option, you may consider installing 'raw accel' app, it allows you to adjust sensor orientation, although I feel that you shouldn't compensate for bad technique with software.
Check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73Jnj0uAJEU

I did this by placing a Straight ruler at 90 deg on my table...so its not about how i hold my mouse

loccomacco

Post by loccomacco » 24 Mar 2023, 21:39

qvik18 wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 20:08
nrete wrote:
Hi,

I did this by placing a Straight ruler at 90 deg on my table...so its not about how i hold my mouse
The proper troubleshooting is if your mouse acts the same in another PC (you can alternatively test it on your phone with OTG cable or on your TV if it supports MnK), then it's your mouse getting F up, but if it doesn't act same way, then I can guess your PC is getting F up.
Next level is if you connect your mouse to different slots and don't see same thing, then that specific slot is F up, but if you see same weirdness, then your PC is double F up.
Next level is if you reinstall your Windows and don't see same thing, then you should put a smile on your face, because now you know it was your windows, but if you see same weirdness again, then your PC is triple F up, but you can probably fix it by changing MB, then If no change, replace PSU, then if you see no change, you should know it's not your PC that's being F up, it's you that's being F up, because you are now in the same road as people in EMI thread, but you should know that it's not a straight road to pass, it's a circle-ish road that you wish you weren't in that endless road(actually you may go for that shotgun way that the chief blurbuster talks about)
Oh I should mention too that if the whole thing is EMI, then you may be able to fix it by changing your MB or PSU or mouse, but you can not fix your inaccurate mouse by changing them, if you know what's an inaccurate mouse, but if and only if it's EMI, so do not go straight to the EMI thread, it's already filled up with lots of crazy people :lol: , EMI thread users know what I'm talking about. Just do not.
I think no one can resist with this type of troubleshooting which doesn't need any knowledge and effort to install some programs, but lead him more properly if I'm wrong, because mine is EMI and I barely come to topics of these threads.

qvik18

Post by qvik18 » 25 Mar 2023, 04:33

loccomacco wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 21:39
qvik18 wrote:
nrete wrote:
Hi,

The proper troubleshooting is if your mouse acts the same in another PC (you can alternatively test it on your phone with OTG cable or on your TV if it supports MnK), then it's your mouse getting F up, but if it doesn't act same way, then I can guess your PC is getting F up.
Next level is if you connect your mouse to different slots and don't see same thing, then that specific slot is F up, but if you see same weirdness, then your PC is double F up.
Next level is if you reinstall your Windows and don't see same thing, then you should put a smile on your face, because now you know it was your windows, but if you see same weirdness again, then your PC is triple F up, but you can probably fix it by changing MB, then If no change, replace PSU, then if you see no change, you should know it's not your PC that's being F up, it's you that's being F up, because you are now in the same road as people in EMI thread, but you should know that it's not a straight road to pass, it's a circle-ish road that you wish you weren't in that endless road(actually you may go for that shotgun way that the chief blurbuster talks about)
Oh I should mention too that if the whole thing is EMI, then you may be able to fix it by changing your MB or PSU or mouse, but you can not fix your inaccurate mouse by changing them, if you know what's an inaccurate mouse, but if and only if it's EMI, so do not go straight to the EMI thread, it's already filled up with lots of crazy people :lol: , EMI thread users know what I'm talking about. Just do not.
I think no one can resist with this type of troubleshooting which doesn't need any knowledge and effort to install some programs, but lead him more properly if I'm wrong, because mine is EMI and I barely come to topics of these threads.
tried reinstalling windows 10 times nothing worked,tried different usb ports nothing worked till now...

will try to change psu and mobo and check and will try different mouse soon, btw i think its emi related dont know why :/

another gif for reference as you see,lmao it went down dont know how,
2023-03-25 14-50-39 (1) (1).gif
2023-03-25 14-50-39 (1) (1).gif (5.94 MiB) Viewed 3161 times

loccomacco

Post by loccomacco » 25 Mar 2023, 16:41

qvik18 wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 04:33
loccomacco wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 21:39
qvik18 wrote:
nrete wrote:
Hi,

tried reinstalling windows 10 times nothing worked,tried different usb ports nothing worked till now...

will try to change psu and mobo and check and will try different mouse soon, btw i think its emi related dont know why :/

another gif for reference as you see,lmao it went down dont know how,

2023-03-25 14-50-39 (1) (1).gif
Yeah boy, unfortunately probably it is EMI, but it's still soon to tell, because you haven't tested your mouse in your phone or TV or other PCs, so do it before trying to buy PSU or MB or mouse, and you should do it with the same mousepad because of obvious reasons. Hope yours wasn't being related to EMI.
BTW you are so lucky that I suddenly came here, I'm reading a lot of posts recently in this forum, and noting down important ones, you're just so lucky that I noted down one post too, now look:
There was a guy in the past who claimed his mouse acts weird as yours, and I just remembered him and searched on my notes and found his post, here is the post:
viewtopic.php?p=68521#p68521
Btw like I said, if the whole thing is EMI, you may be able to fix your problem by changing your MB or PSU, but you never be able to fix heavy mouse feeling by changing those things (by the word inaccurate, I was mean heavy, this is the right word which people here use it, sorry mb)
Wish me luck, I'm doing my best to find a fix for heavy mouse feeling.

Noirpirate85

Post by Noirpirate85 » 18 Jan 2024, 15:17

Image welcome to the club... i face the same problem for ... for gaming its a killer ... you can maybe ask someone if you can bring your pc to him/her and test it in completly different environment... to see if it help... if it does, post it here, it would be a favour for other people because than it is electricity related... its so annoying its like it doesnt regcognice little inputs or just swallows it up but in a constant way. i think most of the time people doesnt even know they have this problem because they are playing games on 400 or 600 dpi at this range it is less horrible if you use low sense but im into mid or high.. and when you are using a dpi over 2000 you defenitive see there is something wrong especially on desktop itself . because the cursors slightly stops all the time

Noirpirate85

Post by Noirpirate85 » 18 Jan 2024, 17:52

this is how my input lag looks like @ 2000dpi hope somebody else can give me advice

https://www.veed.io/view/27873219-4b4e- ... anel=share

Mr1991

Post by Mr1991 » 23 Jan 2024, 17:15

Noirpirate85 wrote:
18 Jan 2024, 17:52
this is how my input lag looks like @ 2000dpi hope somebody else can give me advice

https://www.veed.io/view/27873219-4b4e- ... anel=share
Without seeing your hand moving the mouse this video is meaningless