(INTEL ONLY) An easy way to instantly lower input latency

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
dougg0k

Re: (INTEL ONLY) An easy way to instantly lower input latency

Post by dougg0k » 18 Jul 2023, 07:33

Mimi123 wrote:
17 Jul 2023, 16:14
Hello,

Thank you for your work, amazing stuff!

Although when running the script I get an error as enclosed. Do you have any idea where it comes from? My drivers are up to date
It's probably windows defender blocking the usage, because the tool used can modify and read straight from memory, did you try running the script once and trying again after a reboot?

Because there are some reg changes that could help in there, however the changes are currently only being applied on Win11, are you in a different OS?

Mimi123

Post by Mimi123 » 18 Jul 2023, 20:00

Thanks for you reply. I have disable windows defender as well as tried multiple times with no avail. I am on w10 2H22

sherifmagdy32

Post by sherifmagdy32 » 19 Jul 2023, 11:17

Mimi123 wrote:
17 Jul 2023, 16:14
Hello,

Thank you for your work, amazing stuff!

Although when running the script I get an error as enclosed. Do you have any idea where it comes from? My drivers are up to date
This fix for win 11 donot know if it will work on win 10 but worth giving a try
I had the same issue fixed it by enabling testing mode using this command donot forget to run cmd as administrator
"bcdedit /set TESTSIGNING ON"
restart then try again after you done disable testing by running this command
"bcdedit /deletevalue TESTSIGNING "

dougg0k

Post by dougg0k » 19 Jul 2023, 12:43

Mimi123 wrote:
18 Jul 2023, 20:00
Thanks for you reply. I have disable windows defender as well as tried multiple times with no avail. I am on w10 2H22
I see, well, I made another modification in the script, that should prompt you to apply the script in case you havent, to any system.

You can try getting it again.

---

As for the answer below, it could work but only if you were to use the script once. Because if you deleted the value after, it would not work, and since the script needs to be applied at every windows startup, then that would need to be kept turned off.

sherifmagdy32

Post by sherifmagdy32 » 19 Jul 2023, 12:48

dougg0k wrote:
19 Jul 2023, 12:43
Mimi123 wrote:
I see, well, I made another modification in the script, that should prompt you to apply the script in case you havent, to any system.

---

As for the answer below, it could work but only if you were to use the script once. Because if you deleted the value after, it would not work, and since the script needs to be applied at every windows startup, then that would need to be kept turned off.
actually for some reason rw still works even after deleting the value donot know if it is glitched on my part or something happened that made it always work he will have to test for himself if the same happened it might work the same for everyone

dougg0k

Post by dougg0k » 19 Jul 2023, 14:00

sherifmagdy32 wrote:
19 Jul 2023, 12:48
dougg0k wrote:
Mimi123 wrote:

---

actually for some reason rw still works even after deleting the value donot know if it is glitched on my part or something happened that made it always work he will have to test for himself if the same happened it might work the same for everyone
I see, I am probably wrong then, if RW only actually want to install the driver and after it's installed, doesnt matter anymore, then the protection only protect you of something that is not yet installed, if that is correct, then I suppose it make sense.

I might refactor the script to use that instead.

sherifmagdy32

Post by sherifmagdy32 » 19 Jul 2023, 15:06

dougg0k wrote:
19 Jul 2023, 14:00
sherifmagdy32 wrote:
19 Jul 2023, 12:48
dougg0k wrote:
Mimi123 wrote:

---

I see, I am probably wrong then, if RW only actually want to install the driver and after it's installed, doesnt matter anymore, then the protection only protect you of something that is not yet installed, if that is correct, then I suppose it make sense.

I might refactor the script to use that instead.
oh yeah you probably right keep up the good work

Mimi123

Post by Mimi123 » 22 Jul 2023, 13:47

dougg0k wrote:
Mimi123 wrote:

---

I still get the same error and I am not surprise. Running HW got me the same message. Should be something else, as well for the test mode fix, it did not work either.

dougg0k

Post by dougg0k » 24 Jul 2023, 10:49

Mimi123 wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 13:47
dougg0k wrote:
Mimi123 wrote:

---

I still get the same error and I am not surprise. Running HW got me the same message. Should be something else, as well for the test mode fix, it did not work either.
Maybe the REGs are not longer disabling what is supposed to in latest updates. I am unable to confirm since I remove everything from Windows Defender. It will be for someone to do so and give the feedback.

You can check manually if certain parts like Memory Integrity are still enabled in Windows Defender, if it is you can try disable manually.

https://github.com/dougg0k/gaming_os_tw ... sb.ps1#L87

Mimi123

Post by Mimi123 » 25 Jul 2023, 09:17

All 3 settings are disabled. I am wondering if it not directly a driver issue. If so how can I test that assumption?