Stuttering despite no change in fps

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
filthyfishh

Re: Stuttering despite no change in fps

Post by filthyfishh » 13 May 2023, 19:27

prexxy wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:35
filthyfishh wrote:
12 May 2023, 14:21
i had this exact problem and i did everything short of buy an entire new pc to try and fix it, i tried that many things that im not exactly sure what fixed it but i think i have a hunch. are you using a custom nvidia inspector profile? if so there is a file i used from this link, its the one that says use this before applying any profile changes or you will get stuttering, i think this may have helped

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L5cCEp ... nHeEk/view

if that doesnt help then when youre in game check your task manager and see if the process 'vanguard user-mode service is using anything above like 1% and lemme know, i know of a few more you havent listed that i did so if they dont work let me know and ill try help you out but i gotta sleep rn so i can get up tomoz
alright so I did it, and it helped. But the stuttering still occurs
what about the vanguard usage

prexxy

Post by prexxy » 14 May 2023, 11:41

filthyfishh wrote:
13 May 2023, 19:27
prexxy wrote:
filthyfishh wrote:
i had this exact problem and i did everything short of buy an entire new pc to try and fix it, i tried that many things that im not exactly sure what fixed it but i think i have a hunch. are you using a custom nvidia inspector profile? if so there is a file i used from this link, its the one that says use this before applying any profile changes or you will get stuttering, i think this may have helped

if that doesnt help then when youre in game check your task manager and see if the process 'vanguard user-mode service is using anything above like 1% and lemme know, i know of a few more you havent listed that i did so if they dont work let me know and ill try help you out but i gotta sleep rn so i can get up tomoz

forgot to check sorry. I just tried it and it's very unstable. Sometimes it's at like .3 but most of the time it's between 2-8% cpu usage

filthyfishh

Post by filthyfishh » 18 May 2023, 23:58

prexxy wrote:
14 May 2023, 11:41
filthyfishh wrote:
13 May 2023, 19:27
prexxy wrote:
filthyfishh wrote:

forgot to check sorry. I just tried it and it's very unstable. Sometimes it's at like .3 but most of the time it's between 2-8% cpu usage
the only other suggestion i can think for you to try is to exclude it from your windowns defender wich will fix the unstable usage, for me it was like night and day once did this

Type Windows Security in the Start menu and click it

Navigate to Virus & threat protection.

Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings

Under Exclusions, click on Add an exclusion button.

Then select from folders and select the Riot Vanguard folder. In my case it looks like this C:\Program Files\Riot Vanguard.

empleat

Post by empleat » 26 May 2023, 18:49

prexxy wrote:
09 May 2023, 15:40
Hi, so basically since 1-2 weeks ago my valorant has started feeling terrible. I average around 500-600 fps ingame, but at the moment my
If you riva tunner doesn't work in Valorant, NVIDIA has this tool: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/te ... frameview/. I recommend use GPU scaling in NVCP and check override setting set by games! Do you use Fullscreen or Windowed? This looks like pretty difficult issue to fix after what you tried, maybe driver issue? You could try also NVCleanInstall use DDU in safe mode make system backup first!!! Also you can try making repair update of Windows (probably won't help unless you had reason to use DISM!), can fix larger problems than DISM, but it will reset some settings in Windows can mess stuff up, or your tweaks definitely! Just a Warning!

BTW LOL what is this cpu it doesn't get even to 20% CPU usage even with 4090!!! Crazy! Do you want switch with my i5 9600KF? :D I could use it for RE4, fuck I can't run it with Ray Tracing, it looks so fucking beautiful!!!

Also you tried check every component, what about CPU, stress test maybe wouldn't find some flaw. There is also tool for testing CPU from Intel on defects, it can take long time! Since you mentioned some very low CPU usage! You could try also CPU affinity, does your GAME use real cores and not threads? Or you could try backup system and on clean Windows if issue still occurs!

sherifmagdy32

Post by sherifmagdy32 » 27 May 2023, 21:14

Try it out and let me know how it works out for you.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12068