Valorant's Netcode Desync Fixed with RAM Timings and Nvidia FPS Caps

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
winkli

Valorant's Netcode Desync Fixed with RAM Timings and Nvidia FPS Caps

Post by winkli » 18 May 2023, 20:19

I now have somewhat significant volumes of data to support that there is indeed a strong correlation with changing the DRAM timings to fall within certain ratios to better the hitreg in Valorant.

As to why this is the case, it is a solution to a 5-10 variable equation that commits both Reflex, ULL, DRAM timing ratios, External and internal FPS caps, and a god awful engine called Unreal 4 that Valorant is developed on.

The issue with Valorant is that the netcode is extremely desynced on some systems, whilst being perfectly fine on either the majority of systems. Most people from my line of work (building PC's and diagnosing them) never turn on XMP -- a portion of about 80% of my customers, especially those who get prebuilts.

This lets them run JEDEC or DEFAULT motherboard timings and speeds -- if you're on the correct one, which is 2133 with timings sets of 19-19-19-39. or 17-17-17-35, 15-19-19-39, even 15-17-17-35[not sure about this one but there was one with 17 in it] Then they would largely have 0 issues with the game itself.

Now the more enlightened members of our society would cringe at the thought of wasting money on XMP that was never activated, and thus would use it at a 1:1 ratio, with sufficient or even over sufficient SOC and IO voltages to ensure that it runs correctly with a million memtest passes.

However, the engine, anticheat, or whatever machinations that windows runs on, will not allow timings outside of certain ratios being
1-1-1-[2 or 3], 1-2-2-4, 1-1.5-1.5-3.5, to work correctly or those JEDEC timing odd ratios I discuss above.

Take the current cas latency of your ram and your current speed, then multiply the cas latency by the set of ratios above, applying it to the ram timings from Cas latency down to TRAS latency.

Now this is quite intriguing as while we know that each number stands for the row, cell, and column refresh times etc etc, it doesn't exactly tell us what the optimal numbers are that each will fall in line with the other.

I'm not sure how this works -- I can only theorise that maybe there is a phenomenon similar to a cache miss or out of order data being received or sent, or that Vanguard actively polls the ram speed against the timings both of which it might be viewing within windows as a ring 0 program.

It is to note that your USB network adapters need to be balanced [singled out] on USB ports against other things like mouse and keyboard to minimise jitter interference, which will have a similar effect on the end netcode. It's sometimes good in cheap cases to unplug the front panel USB altogether since badly shielded ones act as an antenna.

Finally set an FPS cap to the refresh of your monitor with fast sync on or off depending on if you mind having some random frame drops without the associated input lag -- you can cap it to refresh rate -1 to get a smoother experience since Valorant's engine has issues keeping up with the NVIDIA cap when it does go over the limit.

Reflex and ULL can be enabled finally, as a result. DO NOT USE RAWINPUT BUFFER if you use USB NIC's or WIFI since it appears to buffer the NIC as well as the mouse and keyboard (VERY BAD).

Let me know if this also helps you :)

skkiNN

Re: Valorant's Netcode Desync Fixed with RAM Timings and Nvidia FPS Caps

Post by skkiNN » 19 May 2023, 05:42

Bro can i ask you what timing values and ratio should i use for my ram? Can you calculate for me?
https://ibb.co/fCdj698

I think im one the guys with RAM issues getting desync in games like valorant... help me pleeeeease sir

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 19 May 2023, 06:24

I tested it with 1-1.5-1.5-3.5 ratio. literally nothing changed lol

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 19 May 2023, 06:54

its not fix.

i know where you come from and i already posted it here too...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CB8P0-hJRQ

but literally nothing changes here...

it even only got worse than it was hahaha.

i tried msi tool and all possible timings and fps cap and fast sync and even freesync with amd...

its completely bullshit all.

dont believe this because you guys gonna fall into much deeper rabbit hole after playing around with all this bullshit settings...

it dont fixes netcodes or hitreg lol and that guy in video dont even know what he talks about.

@owever, the engine, anticheat, or whatever machinations that windows runs on, will not allow timings outside of certain ratios being
1-1-1-[2 or 3], 1-2-2-4, 1-1.5-1.5-3.5, to work correctly or those JEDEC timing odd ratios I discuss above.@

this so hard bullshit... :lol: :lol: :lol:

are you have any proof or data to that or it just comes out of your mind and believes and feelings ?

bumbeen

Post by bumbeen » 19 May 2023, 08:05

vanguard doesn't care about your ram timings, not even windows cares about your ram timings

badmadkarma

Post by badmadkarma » 25 May 2023, 05:47

its does seems to have an impact on valorant .comparatively less 'impossible instant peekers' .i am trying your 1-1.5-1.5-3.5 ratio . its not completely gone but definitely less.may be i will try 1-1-1-2 next.

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 26 May 2023, 03:01

You can't fix hitreg with ram timings lol. hitreg issues appear cause of incorrect enemy positions and those data are network based. there is nothing on client side which has a impact on this.

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 26 May 2023, 03:10

ChillyRide1712 wrote:
25 May 2023, 18:44
new meme was born :D
i think its good that such meme exist...

because this will drive more attention to the real issue and problem once this kids wake up and notice again a degrade with there netcode and hitreg :lol:
when everything turns back to bad again...and it will for sure...and the kids gonna notice it for sure and then they gonna again into bios and mess with timings again and again and try more bullshut...but this time there will be dont an placebo improvement like it was before...HAHAHA.

this video has already https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CB8P0-hJRQ

5k views and 160+ comments...that not so bad.

the more people will join the matrix...the better it is.

i just wish everyone luck with fight hitreg, netcodes and input lag and more in near future with tweaks like this... :D

this time it will be HELL for YOU all and all this tweaks only gonna ruin you even more but atleast there will be more members in our matrix.

the more such bullshit tweaks exist...the better for us and this community.

edit:
some people cant fix there issues and changed like 10 motherboards and pc parts for like 10 and more years and this guy just fixed netcode and desync and hitreg with timings and some priority settings... :lol:

welcome to the earth. where logic and such brains still works and everything makes sense...

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 26 May 2023, 05:14

Unreazz wrote:
26 May 2023, 03:01
You can't fix hitreg with ram timings lol. hitreg issues appear cause of incorrect enemy positions and those data are network based. there is nothing on client side which has a impact on this.
You are forget about local interpolation on the client, which may be broken somehow