Valorant's Netcode Desync Fixed with RAM Timings and Nvidia FPS Caps

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
blackmagic

Re: Valorant's Netcode Desync Fixed with RAM Timings and Nvidia FPS Caps

Post by blackmagic » 26 May 2023, 07:34

InputLagger wrote:
26 May 2023, 05:14
Unreazz wrote:
26 May 2023, 03:01
You can't fix hitreg with ram timings lol. hitreg issues appear cause of incorrect enemy positions and those data are network based. there is nothing on client side which has a impact on this.
You are forget about local interpolation on the client, which may be broken somehow
yes somehow and broken on all different 4-5 pcs and even new...

winkli

Post by winkli » 29 May 2023, 02:27

InputLagger wrote:
Unreazz wrote:
You can't fix hitreg with ram timings lol. hitreg issues appear cause of incorrect enemy positions and those data are network based. there is nothing on client side which has a impact on this.
You are forget about local interpolation on the client, which may be broken somehow
This is straight misinformation. Client will interpret data sent to it either:
Correctly and in order and sent back on time in response, [Functional hitreg with the correct settings, or just pure bluepill RNG defaults]
Correctly and then out of order, sent back on time in response, [Missed bullets and headshots]
Correctly and then out of order and delayed in response, [SU-35 Flanker E peeks by all or some high ping enemies]
Correctly and out of order and sent too early in response, [Inverse Peeker's Advantage, shot before turning the corner every time]
Correctly and in order and sent back in varying times, ['rough'/'coarse' spray patterns, varying headshot bodyshot reg sound times]
Correctly but data is never sent, [Teleporting enemies teammates and spray patterns]
Incorrectly and out of order, sent at varying response rates, [Unplayable all of the above on bad wifi, ISP, or PSU PFC correction/LLC is too low]

If you mess up the memory timings or set an in game frame cap (or none at all with Reflex set to anything other than ON + ULL Off) you get desync.
If you have USB wifi/ethernet and your USB controller is bad or overloaded, or per stack is filled with devices, you get delay.
If you have power issues, instability, you get varying input lag and sometimes the above as well.
Ditch Coolermaster power supplies and disconnect any RGB USB bs. Don't underpower your PC with a subsized PSU, ensure you get your new builds with a PSU of the following:
Superflower,
EVGA,
ANDYSON,
Thermaltake,
Gamdias,
MSI,

And then try again. Note that GPUs of the 30 series and 40 series will have power spikes at 150-200% TDP -- hence why you can't run 4090's on anything less than 1200W, 3080's on less than 800W, etc etc. Same applies for the CPU, since they now run so much further for speed and have a lot more sudden peak draw due to that. I DO NOT RECOMMEND CORSAIR. They are garbage and cook themselves due to no fan spin at 60-70% load. Asus is sus, Gigabyte PSU's of the PXXXGM series are known to implode.
Last edited by winkli on 29 May 2023, 02:30, edited 1 time in total.

winkli

Post by winkli » 29 May 2023, 02:28

blackmagic wrote:
26 May 2023, 07:34
InputLagger wrote:
Unreazz wrote:
This sounds like a power issue. Get a stupid large power supply and sell all the others. Every power supply has factor correction built in, some better than others. Get maybe a super flower 1500W, or thermaltake G3 with PCIE 4 capability.

If you use a UPS it needs to be above the power supply's rating or it won't work well on load.

https://youtu.be/SPJc0-CNczg?t=357

If this is what you see and feel, but CSGO is fine, then my video would help fix it, probably completely. If not, you need to continue the troubleshoot, because CSGO is fine for me, but Valorant was next to unplayable always.

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 29 May 2023, 03:11

winkli wrote:
29 May 2023, 02:28
blackmagic wrote:
26 May 2023, 07:34
InputLagger wrote:
Unreazz wrote:
This sounds like a power issue. Get a stupid large power supply and sell all the others. Every power supply has factor correction built in, some better than others. Get maybe a super flower 1500W, or thermaltake G3 with PCIE 4 capability.

If you use a UPS it needs to be above the power supply's rating or it won't work well on load.

https://youtu.be/SPJc0-CNczg?t=357

If this is what you see and feel, but CSGO is fine, then my video would help fix it, probably completely. If not, you need to continue the troubleshoot, because CSGO is fine for me, but Valorant was next to unplayable always.

just look at this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d53U8nriysQ

smurfs plays in low rank and manage to do easy aces even with shotgun and from distance with EASY.

then go and watch silvers play against silver and u will notice that shotgun comepletely different for this hardstuck players and they cant make such aces...even then when they rly close to enemy and only with much much tryhard and luck this possible...

god even when an silver sees 5 silver from behind then he will kill only max 1 or 2...because more just not possible.

same shit happens for me too many times and almost always...i see 3 enemies and there back and im very very close to them...guess what happens then ? i manage to kill max 1 of them and the other 2 just turn around and kill me...like its total normal thing and should be like this.

but no...i watched many smurfs play and this game works completely different for them and in such situtation like above...they would 99% always kill this 3 enemies with easy and almost no tryhard.

just go and compare how this game behaves for some players but for some players it is completely different and not the same...total random and unfair if you ask me.
that are 2 completely different worlds and game where players compete against each other.

go on twitch and start watch hardstuck silvers and compare it with smurfs which has rly easy time at lower ranks and every hit is on point and hitreg and everything just works for them for 24/7 and many matches...

and you talking about some power issues and timings and ram problems ???

like wtf rly guy ?

how many of this players suffer power and timings problem ? all of them ? what the chance that this true ?

edit: here even more uncomplicated...

just compare pistol rounds...first silvers vs silvers and then watch an smurf play pistol rounds against silvers...

you gonna notice some and this what i call 2 different worlds where players exist at same time but dont realize why some players has the luck and very easy time on there pc but others are hardstuck and hit nothing even then when 1 meter away from enemy on there brand new gaming pc..

this what i call unfair hard but till today developers dont want talk about this all. this are the people who know exactly what is going on and happens for some players and how some rly suffer because of that...

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 29 May 2023, 17:25

winkli wrote:
29 May 2023, 02:27
InputLagger wrote:
Unreazz wrote:
This is straight misinformation. Client will interpret data sent to it either:
Correctly and in order and sent back on time in response, [Functional hitreg with the correct settings, or just pure bluepill RNG defaults]
Correctly and then out of order, sent back on time in response, [Missed bullets and headshots]
Correctly and then out of order and delayed in response, [SU-35 Flanker E peeks by all or some high ping enemies]
Correctly and out of order and sent too early in response, [Inverse Peeker's Advantage, shot before turning the corner every time]
Correctly and in order and sent back in varying times, ['rough'/'coarse' spray patterns, varying headshot bodyshot reg sound times]
Correctly but data is never sent, [Teleporting enemies teammates and spray patterns]
Incorrectly and out of order, sent at varying response rates, [Unplayable all of the above on bad wifi, ISP, or PSU PFC correction/LLC is too low]

If you mess up the memory timings or set an in game frame cap (or none at all with Reflex set to anything other than ON + ULL Off) you get desync.
If you have USB wifi/ethernet and your USB controller is bad or overloaded, or per stack is filled with devices, you get delay.
If you have power issues, instability, you get varying input lag and sometimes the above as well.
Ditch Coolermaster power supplies and disconnect any RGB USB bs. Don't underpower your PC with a subsized PSU, ensure you get your new builds with a PSU of the following:
Superflower,
EVGA,
ANDYSON,
Thermaltake,
Gamdias,
MSI,

And then try again. Note that GPUs of the 30 series and 40 series will have power spikes at 150-200% TDP -- hence why you can't run 4090's on anything less than 1200W, 3080's on less than 800W, etc etc. Same applies for the CPU, since they now run so much further for speed and have a lot more sudden peak draw due to that. I DO NOT RECOMMEND CORSAIR. They are garbage and cook themselves due to no fan spin at 60-70% load. Asus is sus, Gigabyte PSU's of the PXXXGM series are known to implode.
Dude, you're talk too much about out of order packets. I'm already tested my connection via iperf3. UDP packets in order stable even at 60mbps speed with A+ bufferbloat. Also I dont have yours "rgb and reflex, WiFi" and other new shit. My rig is from 2014 on best possible components am3+ platform. So I have different hardware, which almost no one use in this forum. Also I'm still llaying on win 7 x64 with stable and confirmed cpu and ram overclock using prime, occt, memtest.
just go and compare how this game behaves for some players but for some players it is completely different and not the same...total random and unfair if you ask me.
that are 2 completely different worlds and game where players compete against each other
I can confirm and vouch this. When I was playing from a friend of mine I noticed that. Totally. Different. Game. Easiest frags possible. I can kill almost everyone when their shoulder appear from a corner without any stress or sweat. He had rig from aliexpress.@winkli Now, told him something about 1000watt platinum PSU, rtx 4090 or business ADSL Internet, or any tweaks, you're doing😀
Last edited by InputLagger on 29 May 2023, 17:42, edited 2 times in total.

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 29 May 2023, 17:39

Deleted
Last edited by InputLagger on 29 May 2023, 17:41, edited 1 time in total.

bumbeen

Post by bumbeen » 29 May 2023, 17:39

pros are so far out of the league of ranked players it's insane really. cannot be compared at all. Any pro like jamppi, yay, nats are better than normal radiant player with a bigger gap than radiant has to gold player. If radiant ranked players play on LAN vs pro player the pro will ace them constantly like it's nothing without even turning on their brain, the gap is that big

winkli

Post by winkli » 30 May 2023, 01:15

Your packets are formed only with data that forms the packets. I'm not talking about the packets going in and out of the NIC, I'm talking about how the PC forms the packets and what order data goes into each packet, or if it delays enough to send into multiple packets.

AM3+ unfortunately is a garbage platform. You need to have a VL805 USB controller to even begin to try it out. The default USB controllers from OpenUSB are absolutely horrendous above 500Hz.

I have had floaty mouse before on a heavily degraded i7 4770K that had issues with the cache not responding correctly to any voltage and overheating like crazy.
Same happened on AM4 with an AB350 Pro 4 and a first production run Ryzen 3600.
My Z77X UD5H and i5 3570k however, has absolutely no issues whatsoever. The Intel NIC on that was fine on windows 10, and the Atheros one was perfect while the drivers supported it.

The issue lies within power delivery, load lines, and power quality. You need to have a good motherboard with sufficient phases and capacitors, anything from the Z series and a reputable brand like MSI would do well. Make sure the voltages are sufficiently high, and the load lines somewhere above the middle cut - especially in sus areas. Check your voltage readouts with HWmonitor64.exe

Invest in a solid power supply and a decent motherboard. 1500W if you live in a farm area or rural, or even a really large apartment with a lot of air conditioning and heaters, etc. Motherboard, avoid low end asrock and low end Asus/gigabyte. Get something decent or order any Chinesium B760M with an i3 13100f, Maxsun and Soyo make really good B450M motherboards that are dead stable and great for light overclocking too.

I could get world class netcode and hitreg on a 400$ machine with an office power supply, 16gb of 2133 JEDEC ram and an i5 6500 with an RX 580 8GB. It's in my video maybe halfway through. It doesn't need much to boot, but you need to have a good basis - solid board and supply. Yeah, even the HP designs can be better than some really bad platforms like AM3+.

Hell look you can get a X58 or Z77 board from Gigabyte, or Z67/77 from Asus and have a blast with an i5 2500K or 3570K, or a Z97 from Gigabyte with a devil's canyon refresh i7 4790K or i5 4690K.

Other motherboards beyond that have a lot of issues until 9th gen onwards. For AMD, there is barely any quality control outside of the rare B550MH from biostar and B450M from Soyo on aliexpress rn. You can have a Ryzen 3300X for next to nothing there, too.

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 30 May 2023, 02:06

i heard and know about guys which play on trash notebook with max 60fps or 100fps or guys with still on 60hz displays...

i even still see such reddit posts where guys ask for help because they hardstuck with there shit hardware in platinum or diamond and ask if they hardstuck because of hardware limitation or low fps...

and this guys for some reason manage to get at ranks like platinum and diamond just by playing like normal humans beings and without much training bullshit or aim practice or bullshit game basic learnings...because most of this stuff comes naturally just by playing an game like valorant.

some people have little advantage if they played in the past similar games...but this advantage only helps at start and this guys learn the game just some faster than these who never had an experience with such games.

and then there is me...an guy who plays valorant with 300fps and stable 20ms ping and 165hz display which hardstuck still at silver.

something very wrong with that all.

bumbeen

Post by bumbeen » 30 May 2023, 06:29

blackmagic wrote:
30 May 2023, 02:06
and then there is me...an guy who plays valorant with 300fps and stable 20ms ping and 165hz display which hardstuck still at silver.

something very wrong with that all.
XD Me too for a long time bro lmao!! Valorant rank up from low ELO is dependent on 2 things: 1) a minimum threshold of mechanical skill, 2) taking favorable gunfights only, aka shooting people in the back as much as you possibly can.

If your goal in low ELO is to rank up, then your task in game is singular: Kill one or more enemies before they have a chance to kill one or more of your teammates. That means playing duelists 99% of the time and taking first contact. You have to make sure you start hurting the enemy's headcount before they can hurt your headcount. If you can do that consistently you will rank up fast. I played support/smoker agent for the first 1.5 years of my Valorant ranked time, and it didn't get me anywhere because the kills my team got were entirely dependent on my teammates. You cannot support someone else who gets zero kills into getting 1-2-3 kills. Zero(their kills) multiplied by five(your support impact) is still zero kills.(a simplification obviously, but the concept roughly applies) Support/smoker agents are far more useful once you get to higher ELO where your teammates are able to actually make use of it.