Did anyone ever figure out how to fix clown cursor cause by secure boot?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
empleat

Did anyone ever figure out how to fix clown cursor cause by secure boot?

Post by empleat » 22 May 2023, 06:11

Did anyone ever figure out how to fix clown cursor cause by secure boot? Wonder! That is most annoying thing to me these days, it messes up cursor feel so much!!! Never heard of any solution, it is probably something in BIOS you can't workaround :x

Mr1991

Re: Did anyone ever figure out how to fix clown cursor cause by secure boot?

Post by Mr1991 » 23 May 2023, 12:32

Booting from bios will generally give a different feel, for instance I get quite a nice mouse control simply from changing a ram setting, then booting off that, it’s not the fact that the changed setting has made it better, but more the way it boots when changing it

andreeeeee-

Post by andreeeeee- » 23 May 2023, 14:34

Mr1991 wrote:
23 May 2023, 12:32
Booting from bios will generally give a different feel, for instance I get quite a nice mouse control simply from changing a ram setting, then booting off that, it’s not the fact that the changed setting has made it better, but more the way it boots when changing it
This is interesting. Why could this happen?
Entering the BIOS gui could change the way devices are loaded?

empleat

Post by empleat » 25 May 2023, 07:21

Interesting! Not to mention, sometimes you get round CPU frequency like 4700. But I don't think that's accurate still, it shows just at the point it was captured I think! Still you should try to get closest to round, or tweak BCLK if necessary under 101 it is safe I read! Also SVID Best Case Scenario and fine tunning voltage on VCore for CPU gave me closer frequency! Can tell on mouse movement it feels more straight! Also tweak mouse packet data queue according to your mouse polling rate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3irtOhKLPQ4. And selective suspend settings in power plan, or using this program: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windo ... ty.416058/. Putting everything on most performance, doesn't always lead to highest consistency and best results for mouse accuracy and feel!

Yeah RAM latency is actually important, it can make lot of difference! Aida 64 Extreme keys are cheap on kinguin, great benchmark for testing RAM!

Also BIOS features and timers mobo uses are more important than DPC latency, which you can't test unfortunately and depending on hardware revision, BIOS updates, everyone has something else visible! Picking mobo matters a lot for input lag, but you can't literally know ahead! My 40$ old mobo feels more responsive in a way then my new 250$ for gaming with very low DPC latency!
NOTE:You can check what devices in has on-board and what drivers it uses when buying, as drivers are source of DPC latency, not hardware from 90%

Slender

Post by Slender » 25 May 2023, 07:38

empleat wrote:
25 May 2023, 07:21
Interesting! Not to mention, sometimes you get round CPU frequency like 4700. But I don't think that's accurate still, it shows just at the point it was captured I think! Still you should try to get closest to round, or tweak BCLK if necessary under 101 it is safe I read! Also SVID Best Case Scenario and fine tunning voltage on VCore for CPU gave me closer frequency! Can tell on mouse movement it feels more straight! Also tweak mouse packet data queue according to your mouse polling rate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3irtOhKLPQ4. And selective suspend settings in power plan, or using this program: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windo ... ty.416058/. Putting everything on most performance, doesn't always lead to highest consistency and best results for mouse accuracy and feel!

Yeah RAM latency is actually important, it can make lot of difference! Aida 64 Extreme keys are cheap on kinguin, great benchmark for testing RAM!

Also BIOS features and timers mobo uses are more important than DPC latency, which you can't test unfortunately and depending on hardware revision, BIOS updates, everyone has something else visible! Picking mobo matters a lot for input lag, but you can't literally know ahead! My 40$ old mobo feels more responsive in a way then my new 250$ for gaming with very low DPC latency!
NOTE:You can check what devices in has on-board and what drivers it uses when buying, as drivers are source of DPC latency, not hardware from 90%
for me, if im disable EIST in bios my cpu base speed is 3.42, if enabled 3.40

edit: sorry, that shizo-thread
Last edited by Slender on 28 May 2023, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.

Sebichek45

Post by Sebichek45 » 25 May 2023, 10:46

Mr1991 wrote:

What setting if I may ask?

Mr1991

Post by Mr1991 » 26 May 2023, 15:39

andreeeeee- wrote:
23 May 2023, 14:34
Mr1991 wrote:
Yes most likely, and the resulting electrical currents from doing so, this is why basically all motherboards feel different, also a classic start up, restart, and sleep mode all give a slightly different feel, and booting from bios (even if you don’t change anything) will be different too. I’m usually more accurate booting from bios.

Mr1991

Post by Mr1991 » 26 May 2023, 15:47

andreeeeee- wrote:
Mr1991 wrote:

From what I remember it was Tras, (the higher ram timing), after you found you like, change it to something else, restart, then change it back to the correct one, boot, then test/play, but generally I find changing almost anything to do with ram gives me more accurate clicking (tested on aim trainers)

If anyone has the “boot from USB”, or “turn on from USB” setting, I’d recommend trying it, from what I remember my old set up from years ago had it, I’d always turn my pc on by the mouse (not talking about sleep mode), and I much preferred it, seems newer boards have done away with this feature though

Edit: was meant to quote the other guy

Sebichek45

Post by Sebichek45 » 28 May 2023, 02:34

Mr1991 wrote:
26 May 2023, 15:47
andreeeeee- wrote:
Mr1991 wrote:

From what I remember it was Tras, (the higher ram timing), after you found you like, change it to something else, restart, then change it back to the correct one, boot, then test/play, but generally I find changing almost anything to do with ram gives me more accurate clicking (tested on aim trainers)

If anyone has the “boot from USB”, or “turn on from USB” setting, I’d recommend trying it, from what I remember my old set up from years ago had it, I’d always turn my pc on by the mouse (not talking about sleep mode), and I much preferred it, seems newer boards have done away with this feature though

Edit: was meant to quote the other guy

Thanks. So changing tras and enabling the resume from USB setting is what you would suggest?

Mr1991

Post by Mr1991 » 30 May 2023, 07:56

I think it was tras, it’s been a while, it was that or one of the main ram timings, you have to keep trying them until one feels right, lowers is not always better

And yes it’s usually called “Wake on USB” I believe, mind you this was on my pc probably from over 10 years ago, and I haven’t seen any boards have this from 2015 onwards or so, I think Asrock had it last I saw

Also another thing I find helps booting from is changing the boot gpu device, I forgotten its exact name, but if I change it to pcie (where my graphics card is) instead of auto or anything else I found my mouse control was slightly more accurate, (all tested on an aim trainer)