Best Config for Valorant

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
sherifmagdy32

Re: Best Config for Valorant

Post by sherifmagdy32 » 28 May 2023, 21:02

bumbeen wrote:
28 May 2023, 20:57
i don't believe you can change the config in valo actually. i'm not convinced it uses any of those settings in the config file but rather it has its own config it uses regardless of what you configure. you can test it by playing around with the values and seeing if there's any difference in present times with nvidia frameview. What does work for a fact however is reflex low latency + boost and disabling multithread rendering. I still leave multithread rendering enabled just to get the extra half a millisecond buffer time for quick 180s to prevent the gpu being late on a frame.
I agree with you not everything we change have an effect but so far a lot of people on totally different builds and connections
felt a difference this tells me it is doing something might not be noticeable to all of us but if it helping why not use it
you can benchmark and test before and after if you want would love to see the results if you would like to share with us here
as it explained in the driver and in games "reflex low latency + boost" should be only used with boost on if you getting like 90 - 95+ gpu utilization other than it it can even hurt the performance and cause stutters so definitely recommend to have reflex low latency on but without the boost.

bumbeen

Post by bumbeen » 29 May 2023, 11:10

sherifmagdy32 wrote:
28 May 2023, 21:02
I agree with you not everything we change have an effect but so far a lot of people on totally different builds and connections
felt a difference this tells me it is doing something might not be noticeable to all of us but if it helping why not use it
you can benchmark and test before and after if you want would love to see the results if you would like to share with us here
as it explained in the driver and in games "reflex low latency + boost" should be only used with boost on if you getting like 90 - 95+ gpu utilization other than it it can even hurt the performance and cause stutters so definitely recommend to have reflex low latency on but without the boost.
I've tested +Boost a lot and it does indeed give significant latency improvements in valorant while CPU limited. If you download the reflex SDK here: https://developer.nvidia.com/performanc ... et-started there is a PDF guide for integrating reflex into games and there's an explicit note in there that +Boost helps synchronize the render thread with the engine thread in CPU limited scenarios. Tested with reflex analyzer and nvidia frameview at 320FPS CPU bound- my input latency drops from ~7-8ms to ~3.5-4.5ms going from Reflex "On" to "On + Boost".

If you turn on "Present latency" "gpu time/latency" "cpu render time/latency" "rhi time/latency" graphs in valorant, you can see the present latency drop a good bit by turning on +boost. It does remove a lot of the slack present in the render pipeline so can increase the risk of stutters, and if you have multithread rendering off which disables the RHI thread the timing is very very tight. This is the main reason I leave RHI thread enabled so render thread does not have to wait on the GPU in the case where I go from a scene that's very easy and quick to render for both CPU and GPU to a difficult one as sometimes that did cause a stutter at 320fps.

Sebichek45

Post by Sebichek45 » 29 May 2023, 11:21

bumbeen wrote:
29 May 2023, 11:10
sherifmagdy32 wrote:
I've tested +Boost a lot and it does indeed give significant latency improvements in valorant while CPU limited. If you download the reflex SDK here: https://developer.nvidia.com/performanc ... et-started there is a PDF guide for integrating reflex into games and there's an explicit note in there that +Boost helps synchronize the render thread with the engine thread in CPU limited scenarios. Tested with reflex analyzer and nvidia frameview at 320FPS CPU bound- my input latency drops from ~7-8ms to ~3.5-4.5ms going from Reflex "On" to "On + Boost".

If you turn on "Present latency" "gpu time/latency" "cpu render time/latency" "rhi time/latency" graphs in valorant, you can see the present latency drop a good bit by turning on +boost. It does remove a lot of the slack present in the render pipeline so can increase the risk of stutters, and if you have multithread rendering off which disables the RHI thread the timing is very very tight. This is the main reason I leave RHI thread enabled so render thread does not have to wait on the GPU in the case where I go from a scene that's very easy and quick to render for both CPU and GPU to a difficult one as sometimes that did cause a stutter at 320fps.
Do you turn multithreaded rendering off for no rhi time? I tried it but I get major fps drops in the range sometimes. I have 5600x and cap fos at 300. with multithreaded render on it barely dips 300 but with it off sometimes it dips to 260 whenever i break too many bots

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 29 May 2023, 11:44

sherifmagdy32 wrote:
28 May 2023, 20:59
KingAzar wrote:
28 May 2023, 20:30
sherifmagdy32 wrote:
27 May 2023, 20:52
KingAzar wrote:
27 May 2023, 19:13
Have been using Wrap+ Unlimited (I'm paying)

However your Game config seems to make the difference from my side, my shots are landing and I don't get those non-sense Ferrari peaks! Or maybe just a placebo?

I have a question, where did you get those extra line commands in the file? The original file doesn't have all of that. Unreal Engine commands?
If you don't mind me asking can you share your specs.
So far it seems to work it's crazy! If you can have time to explain what would be the extra lines do for my clarification that would be awesome. I just checked the game config of my friend who played ForKKnife and those lines are present :) Very well done! Smart!

My config:
- Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus Master Z790
- CPU: Intel 13900K
- Ram: XPG DDR5 7200
- GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Master 4090
- SSD: XPG S70 GAMING X BLADE
- Monitor: ALIENWARE 2521H
- LAN: Intel X520 SFP+ 10GB (FIBER)
- Internet: Telus 1Gbps Fiber FTTH
I am really happy it is helping
oh my god i am amazed you even feeling a difference with such a beast of PC
You have the highest specs of any one tested this config so far.

Would also recommend enabling offloading in Ethernet settings.
Which one I have couple?
2023-05-29 10_43_35-Untitled-1 @ 100% (RGB_8#) _.png
2023-05-29 10_43_35-Untitled-1 @ 100% (RGB_8#) _.png (80.77 KiB) Viewed 2611 times

bumbeen

Post by bumbeen » 29 May 2023, 12:32

Sebichek45 wrote:
29 May 2023, 11:21

Do you turn multithreaded rendering off for no rhi time? I tried it but I get major fps drops in the range sometimes. I have 5600x and cap fos at 300. with multithreaded render on it barely dips 300 but with it off sometimes it dips to 260 whenever i break too many bots
correct multithread on/off basically just toggles RHI thread on and off. With it off and no bots in range you'll see uncapped FPS drops because the game is CPU Render thread bound there, but not in a game with a fast GPU because the game is Sim thread bound(cpu render, gpu render, and present all happen in < than 1 sim thread frame time). Sim thread can get 1 frame ahead of CPU render thread, which can move 1 frame ahead of RHI thread. And preventing CPU render from getting ahead of RHI and syncing RHI to CPU sim and GPU render is the goal of those UE tweaks rhi.SyncInterval 2 and rhi.SyncSlack.

I also have noticed I can get more FPS drop without RHI thread with FPS cap. If you turn off reflex low latency and the drops go away with RHI off, then that means the drops are happening because the reflex timing delayed the game engine thread longer than it should have on the prior frame and the GPU wasn't ready in time. If you turn on present latency and CPU render time you'll probably see either of those numbers jump at the same time you see the FPS drop from killing the bots. This is why I like to leave RHI thread on even though it is potentially add a little bit more latency(~1/2ms - 1ms). If those rhi.SyncInterval config tweaks work or they're tuned properly by valo devs(I asked them, they didn't answer me) then that would eliminate that extra bit of latency.

sherifmagdy32

Post by sherifmagdy32 » 29 May 2023, 14:53

bumbeen wrote:
29 May 2023, 11:10
sherifmagdy32 wrote:

First time i hear it even works for CPU limited scenarios thanks for sharing gonna test it out more in Fortnite and see if makes a difference for me.

sherifmagdy32

Post by sherifmagdy32 » 29 May 2023, 15:13

KingAzar wrote:
29 May 2023, 11:44
sherifmagdy32 wrote:
28 May 2023, 20:59
KingAzar wrote:
28 May 2023, 20:30
sherifmagdy32 wrote:
27 May 2023, 20:52

If you don't mind me asking can you share your specs.
So far it seems to work it's crazy! If you can have time to explain what would be the extra lines do for my clarification that would be awesome. I just checked the game config of my friend who played ForKKnife and those lines are present :) Very well done! Smart!

My config:
- Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus Master Z790
- CPU: Intel 13900K
- Ram: XPG DDR5 7200
- GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Master 4090
- SSD: XPG S70 GAMING X BLADE
- Monitor: ALIENWARE 2521H
- LAN: Intel X520 SFP+ 10GB (FIBER)
- Internet: Telus 1Gbps Fiber FTTH
I am really happy it is helping
oh my god i am amazed you even feeling a difference with such a beast of PC
You have the highest specs of any one tested this config so far.

Would also recommend enabling offloading in Ethernet settings.
Which one I have couple?

2023-05-29 10_43_35-Untitled-1 @ 100% (RGB_8#) _.png
The most important ones are the TCP checksum and UDP checksum
ARP offload Enable
NS offload Enable
your Ethernet have extra settings i never seen before
IPsec offload IPSec ESP acceleration enabled
https://docs.nvidia.com/networking/disp ... to+Offload

other settings

Disable Adaptive Inter-Frame Spacing
Disable Flow Control
Disable Interrupt Moderation
Set Interrupt Moderation Rate to OFF
Large Send Offload-Disabled
Enable PME to Disabled
Disable Packet Priority & VLAN (Enable packet priority only if you use qos)
Disable Jumbo Packet
Receive & Transmit Buffers to MAX
Set Receive Side Scaling (RSS) ENABLED
Disable all Power-Saving Settings
Disable Advanced EEE
Disable Gigabit lite
Disable Green Ethernet
Speed Duplex set it to the max if you lose connection set it manually to match your router socket max speed 1GB - 2.5GB-10GB make sure it is on full duplex option

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 29 May 2023, 15:41

at this point...

i just gonna quit online gaming forever and try to forget about it like an bad nightmare that happened in my life.

have all fun with tweaks and checksums and other settings and configs and more bullshit...:lol:

might the best TWEAK WIN !

Lets Go.

sherifmagdy32

Post by sherifmagdy32 » 29 May 2023, 22:29

blackmagic wrote:
29 May 2023, 15:41
at this point...

i just gonna quit online gaming forever and try to forget about it like an bad nightmare that happened in my life.

have all fun with tweaks and checksums and other settings and configs and more bullshit...:lol:

might the best TWEAK WIN !

Lets Go.
If you tried everything you can on windows i would recommend testing warp
vpn's and routing services like exitlag noping
even if you have a good ping doesn't mean you having a good routing and you not get throttled by the ISP
this should be fixed if you having that issue if still nothing working
i would go the EMI problem direction
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9123#p71858
hopefully you figure out your issues

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 05 Jun 2023, 03:27

For someone reason the ferrari peek is back like crazy! Jesus!