can Usb Controller get heated ? and in time cause stutters?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
mago

can Usb Controller get heated ? and in time cause stutters?

Post by mago » 31 May 2023, 04:35

So i tried playing csgo with 1k 8k polling rate, doesn't seems to help much
but when i switched to 500hz the stutters are coming back after a longer time
Ⓢк𝕀lŁ เ𝓢 ᵗⒺм𝕡σr𝐀𝐑Ⓨ, lά𝔾 I𝐬 F𝔬ʳ𝔢𝓿ᗴ𝔯

Slender

Re: can Usb Controller get heated ? and in time cause stutters?

Post by Slender » 31 May 2023, 10:22

mago wrote:
31 May 2023, 04:35
So i tried playing csgo with 1k 8k polling rate, doesn't seems to help much
but when i switched to 500hz the stutters are coming back after a longer time
if you not sure about your main motherboard usb controller try to buy NEC v2 pci-e controller

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 31 May 2023, 18:47

To answer your question, yes the USB controller can experience performance issues if it's too hot. I wouldn't really expect this to happen unless your computer is very hot with components on the motherboard that feel very hot to the touch, and/or CPU temps above 80C. For stutter lag, I would be looking more towards the memory configuration and settings, as it has been the cause of most of the stutters I've seen recently. If you were experiencing clunky movement and mouse acceleration/deceleration issues instead of stutter lags, then I would be leaning more towards the USB components.

Maybe you're using the USB controller a lot heavier than I do, but just the mouse settings shouldn't overheat it. I think you'd have to be whipping the mouse around nonstop for it to actually cause a build-up of heat, since it pretty much drops to 0 power whenever it's not moving. Charging devices through the USB ports could also cause this... especially high wattage fast-charge devices like a cell phone or tablet. I have some other ideas, but do you have a reason to believe it's a heat issue?

mago

Post by mago » 07 Jun 2023, 17:37

i use UsbTreeView to restart the usb controller
it seems to fix unreg hits... for sometime

no im just wondering what can cause it, and that is what my brain output

my cooling is pretty ok, the tower have 2 big fan, good cooling for cpu
mobo is z690, so have same shrouds

saw a video of fps chasers, he saw same part of the mobo getting hot cos missing pads
mb it relate duno
Ⓢк𝕀lŁ เ𝓢 ᵗⒺм𝕡σr𝐀𝐑Ⓨ, lά𝔾 I𝐬 F𝔬ʳ𝔢𝓿ᗴ𝔯