This may solve the mouse acceleration problem that's plaguing you!

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Syykfk

Re: This may solve the mouse acceleration problem that's plaguing you!

Post by Syykfk » 14 Apr 2024, 06:16

awakencs wrote:
10 Apr 2024, 14:02
Syykfk wrote:
28 Jul 2023, 08:57
I am a player from China and I am currently a player of Valor Mythos 3.
I really like this forum and I have learned a lot so I would like to share my knowledge as well. One thing I would like to share is a registry change. It may fix your mouse acceleration/"floating" feeling problem.
First go to the registry and go to the following directory: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse
Create a new string value in Mouse and name it MouseAccel, set its value to 0 (as in Figure 1)批注 2023-07-28 214714.png, then restart your computer and feel the difference it makes.

You can also change the value of MouseSpeed to -, the correct minus sign is to the right of the number 0 on the keyboard, or you can choose to copy my "-"." MouseSpeed" is the "Improve pointer accuracy" in the Mouse Properties in System Settings, 0=unchecked, 1=checked. fps gamers usually choose to leave it unchecked, and changing it to "-" in the registry will give you a different feel.

The above two changes do not conflict or oppose each other, they have a stacked result. Together they will affect the way you feel.
If you don't like the feeling, just delete the MouseAccel string or change MouseSpeed back to 0.
I assure you, this is not a placebo and it will definitely affect your mouse speed.

Another registry change has to do with display scaling. It is associated with (Figure 2)批注 2023-07-28 214750.png
First go to the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration
There are many folders in there, click on Edit, then Find, type in Scaling and press F. (It's okay to delete the bunch, it will be generated automatically after reboot).
Modify only the values of the scaling ratio. Fullscreen=3, Aspect Ratio=4, No Scaling=2,0 are the ones I personally tested and downloaded the most.
This modification also affects the feel, it is recommended to backup the registry before modification. Just in case you can't adapt.
Can i have your wechat please
mmmmsama

Syykfk

Post by Syykfk » 14 Apr 2024, 06:18

howcani wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 16:46
Syykfk wrote:
First go to the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration
There are many folders in there, click on Edit, then Find, type in Scaling and press F. (It's okay to delete the bunch, it will be generated automatically after reboot).
Modify only the values of the scaling ratio. Fullscreen=3, Aspect Ratio=4, No Scaling=2,0 are the ones I personally tested and downloaded the most.
This modification also affects the feel, it is recommended to backup the registry before modification. Just in case you can't adapt.
Hi what did you mean u need to change all scaling to 2(No scaling) or what?
yes, change all to "2" or "0"
Then feel which one suits you better

BumFlannel

Post by BumFlannel » 15 Apr 2024, 21:32

Zero out the smooth mouse curve entries, as in make everything 00, all ........ On the right hand side. I already had mouseaccel at 0 and doing this was an instant 1:1 feel on desktop without rebooting.

Got my friend to try it and he instantly was "sheesh, that feels 1:1 straight away". I never really explained what it does/he didn't know what to expect and he was reluctant to try it as he was happy where his mouse settings were so his response was just confirmation that this wasn't placebo, even though it clearly wasn't anyway.

He didn't have a MouseAccel entry at all either and didn't manually add one. I also had an extra entry, SmoothMouseYCurve2 which I also zeroed out but he only had 2 like in the screenshots here so those were the only 2 settings he changed and instantly saw the result.

Right before changing these settings I had been playing like an hour of gridshot ultimate on aimlabs averaging about 100k and I could feel it, remember saying to myself "something just isn't right here, I can feel it, my mouse isn't doing precisely what I want" felt like I was fighting something to get my mouse to go where I want it, but was subtle enough to pass off as just hitting your aiming limit. I went and consulted chatgtp and it brought up the smooth mouse reg settings. I had been averaging 100k for months and just couldn't improve. Right after this mouse change after a few gridshots getting used to the new feel ( it feels extra sensitive at first, but it's just a side effect of being more responsive, I even took my sensitivity down a notch) I went a personal best of 110k and can feel a CLEAR window for improvement now.

Mr1991

Post by Mr1991 » 16 Apr 2024, 16:17

howcani wrote:
Syykfk wrote:
Find the registry key he quoted, there will be a folder (or multiple) under that “configuration”, mine is something like “HP369432257” (it’s a HP monitor), open that, then it should be “00”, then another “00”, under this will be a bunch of your monitor settings, one being “scaling”, by default it should be 4, which is “Maintain Aspect ratio”, “3” is “Full screen” scaling, which stretches any non aspect ratio resolution to fit your monitor, “2” is “No scaling”, and “1” is something called “Identity scaling”, which I believe is Microsoft’s default “No scaling”, I’m not really sure what “0” does, but on paper “1” or “2” should be best, but really it’s what you prefer

https://ibb.co/tMwmgym

howcani

Post by howcani » 16 Apr 2024, 17:49

Mr1991 wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 16:17
howcani wrote:
Syykfk wrote:
Find the registry key he quoted, there will be a folder (or multiple) under that “configuration”, mine is something like “HP369432257” (it’s a HP monitor), open that, then it should be “00”, then another “00”, under this will be a bunch of your monitor settings, one being “scaling”, by default it should be 4, which is “Maintain Aspect ratio”, “3” is “Full screen” scaling, which stretches any non aspect ratio resolution to fit your monitor, “2” is “No scaling”, and “1” is something called “Identity scaling”, which I believe is Microsoft’s default “No scaling”, I’m not really sure what “0” does, but on paper “1” or “2” should be best, but really it’s what you prefer

https://ibb.co/tMwmgym
yes i understand that, but if u set to 0 in nvidia control panel changes to aspect ratio or it's kinda buggy i guess

Mr1991

Post by Mr1991 » 17 Apr 2024, 06:51

I don’t believe 0 is a correct value, as I said “1” is Microsoft’s default no scaling (different to your gpu drivers no scaling)

Syykfk

Post by Syykfk » 17 Apr 2024, 15:24

Mr1991 wrote:
17 Apr 2024, 06:51
I don’t believe 0 is a correct value, as I said “1” is Microsoft’s default no scaling (different to your gpu drivers no scaling)
I have been using 0 for a long time, although 0 has not been correctly explained in various places, but I have tried and tested these values, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. I think 0 is the best for me, and I do not know why 0 is shown as aspect ratio. In addition, about mouseaccel, I am very sure that it will affect the feeling of the mouse, I have been using this change for a long time, and I am very sure that it will make my hand feel better.