This may solve the mouse acceleration problem that's plaguing you!

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
holiday

Re: This may solve the mouse acceleration problem that's plaguing you!

Post by holiday » 07 Aug 2023, 05:37

Syykfk wrote:
07 Aug 2023, 02:51
wilkN wrote:
05 Aug 2023, 07:35
Syykfk wrote:
28 Jul 2023, 08:57
I am a player from China and I am currently a player of Valor Mythos 3.
I really like this forum and I have learned a lot so I would like to share my knowledge as well. One thing I would like to share is a registry change. It may fix your mouse acceleration/"floating" feeling problem.
First go to the registry and go to the following directory: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse
Create a new string value in Mouse and name it MouseAccel, set its value to 0 (as in Figure 1)批注 2023-07-28 214714.png, then restart your computer and feel the difference it makes.

You can also change the value of MouseSpeed to -, the correct minus sign is to the right of the number 0 on the keyboard, or you can choose to copy my "-"." MouseSpeed" is the "Improve pointer accuracy" in the Mouse Properties in System Settings, 0=unchecked, 1=checked. fps gamers usually choose to leave it unchecked, and changing it to "-" in the registry will give you a different feel.

The above two changes do not conflict or oppose each other, they have a stacked result. Together they will affect the way you feel.
If you don't like the feeling, just delete the MouseAccel string or change MouseSpeed back to 0.
I assure you, this is not a placebo and it will definitely affect your mouse speed.

Another registry change has to do with display scaling. It is associated with (Figure 2)批注 2023-07-28 214750.png
First go to the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration
There are many folders in there, click on Edit, then Find, type in Scaling and press F. (It's okay to delete the bunch, it will be generated automatically after reboot).
Modify only the values of the scaling ratio. Fullscreen=3, Aspect Ratio=4, No Scaling=2,0 are the ones I personally tested and downloaded the most.
This modification also affects the feel, it is recommended to backup the registry before modification. Just in case you can't adapt.
What are you using in your SmoothMouseXCurve that doesnt seem default?
I used MarkC's Remove Mouse Acceleration. So my SmoothMouseXCurve value is not the same as the default. But now I removed SmoothMouseXCurve and SmoothMouseYCurve. i feel better.
Do you feel the change here only in csgo? If yes I can agree different smoothmousecurves feel different in this game.
In other games or Desktop the smoothmousecurves values don’t make any difference as long mouse enhanced precision is off.
MarkC only changes the acceleration curve to a flat line. So if old games turns the mouse enhanced precision on the curve is flat and so the same as with enhanced precision off.

ahead

Post by ahead » 07 Aug 2023, 09:03

cl_rawinput 1?

Slender

Post by Slender » 08 Aug 2023, 03:03

Syykfk wrote:
07 Aug 2023, 02:51
wilkN wrote:
05 Aug 2023, 07:35
Syykfk wrote:
I really like this forum and I have learned a lot so I would like to share my knowledge as well. One thing I would like to share is a registry change. It may fix your mouse acceleration/"floating" feeling problem.
First go to the registry and go to the following directory: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse
Create a new string value in Mouse and name it MouseAccel, set its value to 0 (as in Figure 1)批注 2023-07-28 214714.png, then restart your computer and feel the difference it makes.

You can also change the value of MouseSpeed to -, the correct minus sign is to the right of the number 0 on the keyboard, or you can choose to copy my "-"." MouseSpeed" is the "Improve pointer accuracy" in the Mouse Properties in System Settings, 0=unchecked, 1=checked. fps gamers usually choose to leave it unchecked, and changing it to "-" in the registry will give you a different feel.

The above two changes do not conflict or oppose each other, they have a stacked result. Together they will affect the way you feel.
If you don't like the feeling, just delete the MouseAccel string or change MouseSpeed back to 0.
I assure you, this is not a placebo and it will definitely affect your mouse speed.

Another registry change has to do with display scaling. It is associated with (Figure 2)批注 2023-07-28 214750.png
First go to the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration
There are many folders in there, click on Edit, then Find, type in Scaling and press F. (It's okay to delete the bunch, it will be generated automatically after reboot).
Modify only the values of the scaling ratio. Fullscreen=3, Aspect Ratio=4, No Scaling=2,0 are the ones I personally tested and downloaded the most.
This modification also affects the feel, it is recommended to backup the registry before modification. Just in case you can't adapt.
What are you using in your SmoothMouseXCurve that doesnt seem default?
I used MarkC's Remove Mouse Acceleration. So my SmoothMouseXCurve value is not the same as the default. But now I removed SmoothMouseXCurve and SmoothMouseYCurve. i feel better.
same, delete smooth is best for me.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 08 Aug 2023, 04:20

holiday wrote:
07 Aug 2023, 05:37
So if old games turns the mouse enhanced precision on the curve is flat and so the same as with enhanced precision off.
This is actually new to me -- which games turn Enhanced Pointer Precision back on via an API (arrgh, I will hate that game if they actually use that infernal API) despite Control Panel having it off? I don't think Valorant uses it though.

I guess that's what the hyphen does, to force-it-off, forcing it to ignore games that force-turn-on Enhanced Pointer Precision...

In an ideal world, rawinput would bypass all that, but I've seen weird sheningians behind the scenes that interact badly -- and which may make these tweaks placebo to some (because their system was okay), and these tweaks actually work (because there was actually an issue).

Please keep the data coming. I still like to study tweaks that work even for just 10% of users. In all the noise, there's often still a signal.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

holiday

Post by holiday » 08 Aug 2023, 11:08

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
08 Aug 2023, 04:20
holiday wrote:
So if old games turns the mouse enhanced precision on the curve is flat and so the same as with enhanced precision off.
This is actually new to me -- which games turn Enhanced Pointer Precision back on via an API (arrgh, I will hate that game if they actually use that infernal API) despite Control Panel having it off? I don't think Valorant uses it though.

I guess that's what the hyphen does, to force-it-off, forcing it to ignore games that force-turn-on Enhanced Pointer Precision...

In an ideal world, rawinput would bypass all that, but I've seen weird sheningians behind the scenes that interact badly -- and which may make these tweaks placebo to some (because their system was okay), and these tweaks actually work (because there was actually an issue).

Please keep the data coming. I still like to study tweaks that work even for just 10% of users. In all the noise, there's often still a signal.
Popular old games that has enhanced pointer precision coded in are half-life and cs 1.6 before the 2013 update with raw input.

That’s why the cpl, cheese, markc etc fix came.
In half-life and cs 1.6 raw input works as it should. Csgo rawinput from 2012 from my experience not as different smoothmousecurves changes the mouse feel for me.
I researched this stuff with mouse acceleration and especially with cs almost 2 years if you need further information.

widow13

Post by widow13 » 08 Aug 2023, 13:42

holiday wrote:
08 Aug 2023, 11:08
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
holiday wrote:

Popular old games that has enhanced pointer precision coded in are half-life and cs 1.6 before the 2013 update with raw input.

In half-life and cs 1.6 raw input works as it should. Csgo rawinput from 2012 from my experience not as different smoothmousecurves changes the mouse feel for me.
I researched this stuff with mouse acceleration and especially with cs almost 2 years if you need further information.
I'd love to hear if you ever found a solution.
I've been experiencing mouse changes/floaty mouse with Valorant/csgo since like forever and I've almost tried everything.

holiday

Post by holiday » 09 Aug 2023, 05:45

widow13 wrote:
08 Aug 2023, 13:42
holiday wrote:
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
holiday wrote:

I've been experiencing mouse changes/floaty mouse with Valorant/csgo since like forever and I've almost tried everything.
No it’s in the engines mouse code. I tried a lot but never solved the problem. Let’s hope they reworked their mouse code in source 2.
I didn’t played much valorant so I don’t know if there is also a problem.

widow13

Post by widow13 » 09 Aug 2023, 10:55

holiday wrote:
09 Aug 2023, 05:45
widow13 wrote:
08 Aug 2023, 13:42
holiday wrote:
Chief Blur Buster wrote:

No it’s in the engines mouse code. I tried a lot but never solved the problem. Let’s hope they reworked their mouse code in source 2.
I didn’t played much valorant so I don’t know if there is also a problem.
Nah problem in valorant is way bigger, unless there is something else happening with my electricity or windows/bios that I am not aware of.

awakencs

Post by awakencs » 10 Apr 2024, 14:02

Syykfk wrote:

Can i have your wechat please

howcani

Post by howcani » 13 Apr 2024, 16:46

Syykfk wrote:
Hi what did you mean u need to change all scaling to 2(No scaling) or what?