This may solve the mouse acceleration problem that's plaguing you!

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Syykfk

This may solve the mouse acceleration problem that's plaguing you!

Post by Syykfk » 28 Jul 2023, 08:57

I am a player from China and I am currently a player of Valor Mythos 3.
I really like this forum and I have learned a lot so I would like to share my knowledge as well. One thing I would like to share is a registry change. It may fix your mouse acceleration/"floating" feeling problem.
First go to the registry and go to the following directory: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse
Create a new string value in Mouse and name it MouseAccel, set its value to 0 (as in Figure 1)
批注 2023-07-28 214714.png
批注 2023-07-28 214714.png (96.79 KiB) Viewed 7266 times
, then restart your computer and feel the difference it makes.

You can also change the value of MouseSpeed to -, the correct minus sign is to the right of the number 0 on the keyboard, or you can choose to copy my "-"." MouseSpeed" is the "Improve pointer accuracy" in the Mouse Properties in System Settings, 0=unchecked, 1=checked. fps gamers usually choose to leave it unchecked, and changing it to "-" in the registry will give you a different feel.

The above two changes do not conflict or oppose each other, they have a stacked result. Together they will affect the way you feel.
If you don't like the feeling, just delete the MouseAccel string or change MouseSpeed back to 0.
I assure you, this is not a placebo and it will definitely affect your mouse speed.

Another registry change has to do with display scaling. It is associated with (Figure 2)
批注 2023-07-28 214750.png
批注 2023-07-28 214750.png (63.45 KiB) Viewed 7266 times
First go to the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration
There are many folders in there, click on Edit, then Find, type in Scaling and press F. (It's okay to delete the bunch, it will be generated automatically after reboot).
Modify only the values of the scaling ratio. Fullscreen=3, Aspect Ratio=4, No Scaling=2,0 are the ones I personally tested and downloaded the most.
This modification also affects the feel, it is recommended to backup the registry before modification. Just in case you can't adapt.
Last edited by Syykfk on 02 Aug 2023, 04:14, edited 1 time in total.

Slender

Re: This may solve the mouse acceleration problem that's plaguing you!

Post by Slender » 02 Aug 2023, 00:43

Syykfk wrote:
28 Jul 2023, 08:57
I really like this forum and I have learned a lot so I would like to share my knowledge as well. One thing I would like to share is a registry change. It may fix your mouse acceleration/"floating" feeling problem.
First go to the registry and go to the following directory: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse
Create a new string value in Mouse and name it MouseAccel, set its value to 0 (as in Figure 1), then restart your computer and feel the difference it makes.

You can also change the value of MouseSpeed to -, the correct minus sign is to the right of the number 0 on the keyboard, or you can choose to copy my "-"." MouseSpeed" is the "Improve pointer accuracy" in the Mouse Properties in System Settings, 0=unchecked, 1=checked. fps gamers usually choose to leave it unchecked, and changing it to "-" in the registry will give you a different feel.

The above two changes do not conflict or oppose each other, they have a stacked result. Together they will affect the way you feel.
If you don't like the feeling, just delete the MouseAccel string or change MouseSpeed back to 0.
I assure you, this is not a placebo and it will definitely affect your mouse speed.

Another registry change has to do with display scaling. It is associated with (Figure 2)
First go to the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration
There are many folders in there, click on Edit, then Find, type in Scaling and press F. (It's okay to delete the bunch, it will be generated automatically after reboot).
Modify only the values of the scaling ratio. Fullscreen=3, Aspect Ratio=4, No Scaling=2,0 are the ones I personally tested and downloaded the most.
This modification also affects the feel, it is recommended to backup the registry before modification. Just in case you can't adapt.

hello! Where you find info about this reg?
also, you try to use another mousesmooth or just delete it?
Last edited by Slender on 02 Aug 2023, 03:05, edited 1 time in total.

Slender

Post by Slender » 02 Aug 2023, 01:11

DisableMouseAccel(0).reg

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse]
"MouseAccel"="0"
DeleteMouseAccel(-).reg

"MouseAccel"=-
MouseSpeed(-).reg

"MouseSpeed"="-"
MouseSpeed(0).reg

"MouseSpeed"="0"

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 02 Aug 2023, 01:16

I didn't understand what I was supposed to do here. What should I delete and what should I change?

Syykfk

Post by Syykfk » 02 Aug 2023, 06:02

Slender wrote:
02 Aug 2023, 00:43
Syykfk wrote:
Create a new string value in Mouse and name it MouseAccel, set its value to 0 (as in Figure 1), then restart your computer and feel the difference it makes.

As far as I know there is very little information about this registry on the web, as I saw it on a Chinese website and documented it.
Please be assured that this registry change will only affect the feel of your mouse, if you find yourself unable to adapt, then change the value back to restore your original feel. This change will not affect the performance of your computer and will not lead to bugs.

BTW: "MouseAccel" only has a value option of 0. If you change MouseAccel to "-", it won't have any effect. Only 0 will trigger the usefulness of MouseAccel.

As for "MouseSpeed", please look at the following picture.
123123.png
123123.png (47.92 KiB) Viewed 6634 times

Slender

Post by Slender » 03 Aug 2023, 05:33

Syykfk wrote:
02 Aug 2023, 06:02
Slender wrote:
Syykfk wrote:

As far as I know there is very little information about this registry on the web, as I saw it on a Chinese website and documented it.
Please be assured that this registry change will only affect the feel of your mouse, if you find yourself unable to adapt, then change the value back to restore your original feel. This change will not affect the performance of your computer and will not lead to bugs.

BTW: "MouseAccel" only has a value option of 0. If you change MouseAccel to "-", it won't have any effect. Only 0 will trigger the usefulness of MouseAccel.

As for "MouseSpeed", please look at the following picture.123123.png
changes in real time like change mousesmooth?
try delete mousesmooth
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (19.18 KiB) Viewed 6618 times

Syykfk

Post by Syykfk » 03 Aug 2023, 13:38

n1zoo wrote:
02 Aug 2023, 01:16
I didn't understand what I was supposed to do here. What should I delete and what should I change?
Here's a video of it in action.
First reach the catalog.
Then use the search function. Find "Scaling" and change its value.
Then press "F3" to find the next "Scaling" and change its value again.
Until all the "Scaling" have been changed.
Then restart your computer.

Syykfk

Post by Syykfk » 03 Aug 2023, 13:49

Slender wrote:
03 Aug 2023, 05:33
Syykfk wrote:
02 Aug 2023, 06:02
Slender wrote:
Syykfk wrote:

As for "MouseSpeed", please look at the following picture.123123.png
changes in real time like change mousesmooth?
try delete mousesmooth
I'm sorry, English is not my first language, so I can't understand you correctly.
But if you're asking how to get back the old feel. Just remove "MouseAccel".
The registry change I proposed doesn't require deleting anything. Unless you want to restore the old feel, you don't need to delete anything.

Once you change the registry, you don't need to change the registry again if you change the mouse again. As long as the registry remains unchanged, it will continue to work. It affects the windows algorithm for mouse speed. Will not affect the mouse built-in driver.

Secondly, even if you turn on raw input in CSGO and Valorant, windows will still affect the mouse speed. What you end up with is a big mishmash of sensations. It's all kinds of superposition.

Supercutx

Post by Supercutx » 03 Aug 2023, 17:11

changing the scaling value from 4 to 2 changed the mouse feeling and it's definitely not placebo thanks so much

TN_fun

Post by TN_fun » 04 Aug 2023, 06:41

Most useless placebo commands i've ever seen.