Computer feels 'off' + subtle mouse and keyboard input lag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
cursed-gamer

Re: Computer feels 'off' + subtle mouse and keyboard input lag

Post by cursed-gamer » 24 Sep 2023, 11:19

imprecise wrote:
24 Sep 2023, 10:55
cursed-gamer wrote:
24 Sep 2023, 10:45

So you didn't dig deep enough. Just because you've never experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't occur for the others.
What does that have to do with testing the quality of the internet connection?
Why you dare asking me? His PC feels off and he has some input lag, the question is what bufferbloat has anything do to with it? You started this nonsense. He is not complaining about classic connection lags but his concern is that something might be wrong with his hardware or software. As an ordinary internet user you won't be able to test the internet connection except ping, jitter, routing, bufferbloat unless you're networking engineer (not fiber optic welder). It's all about how ISP handle their traffic to fit old infrastructure for high internet speed offers.

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 24 Sep 2023, 11:23

cursed-gamer wrote:
24 Sep 2023, 11:19
Why you dare asking me? His PC feels off and he has some input lag, the question is what bufferbloat has anything do to with it? You started this nonsense. He is not complaining about classic connection lags but his concern is that something might be wrong with his hardware or software. As an ordinary internet user you won't be able to test the internet connection except ping, jitter, routing, bufferbloat unless you're networking engineer (not fiber optic welder). It's all about how ISP handle their traffic to fit old infrastructure for high internet speed offers.
It's a simple test to see if the internet is working normally or not. Skipping this simple step could lead to hours of frustration digging into more complicated issues, when there could be a problem with the internet connection. Please stop following me around on the forums and providing bad advice.

F1zus

Post by F1zus » 24 Sep 2023, 14:07

fatehasfans wrote:
24 Sep 2023, 06:37
I've had a problem with my newly built PC for around 2 years+ now. The computer just feels 'off', as though there is some kind of very subtle bottlenecking occurring. Also, I'm getting input lag on mouse and keyboard (i.e. there will be the occasional no click registration on mouse or keyboard but there may also be double clicks or keypresses and the mouse feels very off - like floaty/heavy/inconsistent). Everything else on the computer is fine, the machine loads up quickly, I can play games and watch films (though I notice a bit of stuttering on the films) but I will get very subtle stuttering in all games (and desktop) but apart from that no issues, audio is fine as is the running of normal programs.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If your input lag decreases at night, then you have a dirty electricity problem.
It enters your computer from the electrical outlet and disrupts the operation of the motherboard.
And yes, any unit is not able to completely filter out dirty electricity.
I did research with some engineer friends and I know what's going on.

OniiChan69

Post by OniiChan69 » 24 Sep 2023, 16:45

F1zus wrote:
24 Sep 2023, 14:07
fatehasfans wrote:
I've had a problem with my newly built PC for around 2 years+ now. The computer just feels 'off', as though there is some kind of very subtle bottlenecking occurring. Also, I'm getting input lag on mouse and keyboard (i.e. there will be the occasional no click registration on mouse or keyboard but there may also be double clicks or keypresses and the mouse feels very off - like floaty/heavy/inconsistent). Everything else on the computer is fine, the machine loads up quickly, I can play games and watch films (though I notice a bit of stuttering on the films) but I will get very subtle stuttering in all games (and desktop) but apart from that no issues, audio is fine as is the running of normal programs.
If your input lag decreases at night, then you have a dirty electricity problem.
It enters your computer from the electrical outlet and disrupts the operation of the motherboard.
Where can I read more about this issue? Can this cause appliances to fail or malfunction? My Android TV has this weird problem where green lines would appear on the screen out of the blue and the whole screen would turn black. Turning the display off and then turning it on again fixes the issue. Also, some of the outlets/outlet extenders in my home generate a small spark every time I plug something in them. Could these be due to dirty electricity?

delve

Post by delve » 24 Sep 2023, 16:52

F1zus wrote:
fatehasfans wrote:
can you tell us what you and your friends find out, were you able to measure the noise?

delve

Post by delve » 24 Sep 2023, 16:54

OniiChan69 wrote:
24 Sep 2023, 16:45
F1zus wrote:
fatehasfans wrote:
Where can I read more about this issue? Can this cause appliances to fail or malfunction? My Android TV has this weird problem where green lines would appear on the screen out of the blue and the whole screen would turn black. Turning the display off and then turning it on again fixes the issue. Also, some of the outlets/outlet extenders in my home generate a small spark every time I plug something in them. Could these be due to dirty electricity?
I have this too with the sparks, it is not normal, but rather bad electricity than dirty from intereference.

fatehasfans

Post by fatehasfans » 24 Sep 2023, 19:14

Just want to add, this problems persists offline also.

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 24 Sep 2023, 23:59

fatehasfans wrote:
24 Sep 2023, 19:14
Just want to add, this problems persists offline also.
I also noticed a difference in mousefeel even on desktop when using GPU scaling. It feels a little bit off compared to Display Scaling.

scaling.png
scaling.png (44.97 KiB) Viewed 3410 times

F1zus

Post by F1zus » 25 Sep 2023, 14:00

delve wrote:
24 Sep 2023, 16:52
can you tell us what you and your friends find out, were you able to measure the noise?
Yes, we were able to measure the noise. At night it is 2-3 times less than during the day. Therefore, your computer works normally at night.
But the fact is that even expensive UPSs do not help to completely remove the noise; it still changes. During the day there are some values, at night they are different.
For now, there are options to eliminate input lag:
1) solar panels
2) UPS with powerful batteries (more than 100A/h) and powering the computer only from batteries
3) gasoline electric generators.
4) wind generators.

paddyhhh

Post by paddyhhh » 25 Sep 2023, 22:26

F1zus wrote:
25 Sep 2023, 14:00
delve wrote:
24 Sep 2023, 16:52
Yes, we were able to measure the noise. At night it is 2-3 times less than during the day. Therefore, your computer works normally at night.
But the fact is that even expensive UPSs do not help to completely remove the noise; it still changes. During the day there are some values, at night they are different.
For now, there are options to eliminate input lag:
1) solar panels
2) UPS with powerful batteries (more than 100A/h) and powering the computer only from batteries
3) gasoline electric generators.
4) wind generators.
Hello F1zus,
could you please go more into detail?
What values in which parameters did you measure and which do you think correlate with input lag, can you maybe share it?
Which device did you use to measure?
Unfortunately for me playing offgrid from a power station does not fix it, however using emi filters improve ongrid and offgrid but I can not measure it.
A high resistance load as a 1800W heater fixes ongrid 100% for several minutes then it decrease but stays better. All I found is,that this load can improve voltage stability.
Did you check this phenomene? (Iron)
Thanks