Found the cause of my input lag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Sebichek45

Re: Found the cause of my input lag

Post by Sebichek45 » 18 Oct 2023, 09:38

ptaylor54 wrote:
15 Oct 2023, 15:11
If you look at the image: download/file.php?mode=view&id=3919

Do not install using the first option. Download the second option then flash it onto a usb using rufus software. Not saying this is the input lag fix for everyone, but it certainly was the fix for my machine as the input lag was instantly better, and has remained fixed for multiple weeks now. Just thought that it was a lower risk possible fix to recommend to people instead of some of the much more risky and expensive "tweaks" that are thrown out.
How about for windows 10?

timecard

Post by timecard » 18 Oct 2023, 13:55

You can make your own bootable USB with Microsoft "bootsect", I tried writing the detailed instructions here but cloudflare thinks I'm doing command injection and blocks my post.

In short copy the Windows ISO files to your formatted USB drive, run the command "bootsect /nt60 d:" (if d: is your usb drive letter) found in your new usb drives /boot folder e.g. D:\boot\bootsect.

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-c ... rt-utility
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windo ... ne-options

ptaylor54

Post by ptaylor54 » 18 Oct 2023, 19:52

Arrogant wrote:
18 Oct 2023, 07:17
After lurking on this forum for years this was the one time thing that has helped me truly. Dude I could cry right now lol. Who would of thought that this would’ve been an issue. I probably reinstalled windows 10/11 more than anybody on this forum. Today was the first day that I downloaded the iso & created a bootable usb through Rufus & the mouse movement was so responsive that it caught me off guard. Again I cannot thank you enough. I’m going to the dentist today to get all my wisdom teeth pulled & this made my day so much better. I played 1 game of cs2 before I have to leave & it felt so good. Dude thank you so much.
I'm glad that it helped :)

ptaylor54

Post by ptaylor54 » 19 Oct 2023, 03:15

Sebichek45 wrote:
18 Oct 2023, 09:38
ptaylor54 wrote:
15 Oct 2023, 15:11
If you look at the image: download/file.php?mode=view&id=3919

Do not install using the first option. Download the second option then flash it onto a usb using rufus software. Not saying this is the input lag fix for everyone, but it certainly was the fix for my machine as the input lag was instantly better, and has remained fixed for multiple weeks now. Just thought that it was a lower risk possible fix to recommend to people instead of some of the much more risky and expensive "tweaks" that are thrown out.
How about for windows 10?
Im not positive about Windows 10 but make sure that you dont use the media creation tool, just find the .iso version and use rufus to flash it to a usb.

Master_Tinkerer

Post by Master_Tinkerer » 20 Oct 2023, 02:11

I've used rufus for 100+ installs of different windows builds/versions, still struggling. I've never used the windows tool though

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 22 Dec 2023, 23:54

Arrogant wrote:
18 Oct 2023, 07:17
After lurking on this forum for years this was the one time thing that has helped me truly. Dude I could cry right now lol. Who would of thought that this would’ve been an issue. I probably reinstalled windows 10/11 more than anybody on this forum. Today was the first day that I downloaded the iso & created a bootable usb through Rufus & the mouse movement was so responsive that it caught me off guard. Again I cannot thank you enough. I’m going to the dentist today to get all my wisdom teeth pulled & this made my day so much better. I played 1 game of cs2 before I have to leave & it felt so good. Dude thank you so much.
Still lag free?

Noirpirate85

Post by Noirpirate85 » 07 Jan 2024, 11:00

Tried it but it didnt seemed to help much, maybe a little bit but mouse still imprecise ... itn no fun playing shooter like this and i dont think i will find a solution for it... tried so many things tweaking in bios, playing arround with windows settings, changed ram, baught some Ferrit rings, puted it in different power outlets in the house, disconnectet discs and ssds from sata... but i had this akward mouse feeling since day one with this pc ... but have it on all other pc in the house 2 even on laptop (tested in and outside of the house )

issawm

Post by issawm » 10 Jan 2024, 00:43

i have this same exact issue but it feels consistent when i restart my mouse or when i plug it back in wtf is GOING ONNNNNNNN NO SOLUTIONS MAN. ive reinstalled windows so many times its unhealthy.

RealTweaker

Post by RealTweaker » 01 Feb 2024, 18:54

issawm wrote:
10 Jan 2024, 00:43
i have this same exact issue but it feels consistent when i restart my mouse or when i plug it back in wtf is GOING ONNNNNNNN NO SOLUTIONS MAN. ive reinstalled windows so many times its unhealthy.
Man you should try to do this viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9977

amorou

Post by amorou » 02 Feb 2024, 09:00

ptaylor54 wrote:
15 Oct 2023, 11:41
IDK it could just be placebo, but to me the difference is immediately noticeable on two different machines, as well as both machines when using the base windows creation usb tool instead of the rufus iso install there where broken files that had to be repaired via sfc/ scannow in cmd prompt literally right after you install, but the same problem doesnt occur when using the rufus install. If you run sfc/scannow right after installing the iso version it finds no broken files.
No its not a placebo , windows creation usb tool makes mouse movement sucks