Cpu core/cache voltage

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Itsomid

Cpu core/cache voltage

Post by Itsomid » 25 Oct 2023, 17:28

Hi. So the other day i was playing with my ai tweaker settings in bios and i saw the option "cpu core/cache voltage"

I had 3 option to choose: 1.Auto 2.Manual 3.offset mode. On the auto mode, my mouse movement is trash but the desync is playable for the most part (this is the default one) / on the offset mode with + sign and setting the aditional voltage to auto to be decided by cpu gave me the best mouse feeling ive ever had. The mouse feels like im watching a shroud stream the motion is so smooth and i get higher score in aim maps training with bots. The problem tho is that the desync becomes so much worse. The players are flying and i get prefired without a chance or very little time to react. At least on auto i had a muddy mouse but i could hit my shots and the people wouldnt just fly in the screen. The manual mode is also like the auto mode with a bit better mouse feeling and thats it.
I waited around a month to make this post to make sure the effect on the mouse movement is not placebo and its not something that goes away with time. I have the i5 10400 and prime b460+ motherboard.

So any idea why this is happening ? How can i use the offset mode or maybe its the additional voltage increase i have to set manually to fix it ?
Any input will be appreciated.