found a temporary solution for my valorant lag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
badmadkarma

found a temporary solution for my valorant lag

Post by badmadkarma » 01 Nov 2023, 08:31

changed power profile to balanced and its max processor state to 60% . as a result my fps went from stable capped 240 hz to fluctuating around 170hz.using 240hz monitor. at this point i dont care about my setup , i just want to win duels. no more peekers advantage.

i can't tell any difference when playing valorant. but its impossible to play aimlabs. low fps is definitely noticeable and very annoying then .so i will change power to ultimate when playing aimlabs.

deama

Re: found a temporary solution for my valorant lag

Post by deama » 03 Nov 2023, 13:02

Either the higher processing usage creates more interference to the parts around it, or the electricity that your socket provides or even power supply gives more interference at higher load.

Did you also make the change to GPU or just CPU?

badmadkarma

Post by badmadkarma » 03 Nov 2023, 23:26

deama wrote:
03 Nov 2023, 13:02
Either the higher processing usage creates more interference to the parts around it, or the electricity that your socket provides or even power supply gives more interference at higher load.

gpu is at stock settings. only made changes in nvidia control panel and profileinspector. cpu c states is disabled.i earlier did try msi gpu overclocking and stability tested.but later discarded it because of the posts i saw like overcloacking causing desync.

its valorant thats mostly affected. i played removing gpu ( igpu ,max120hz) still theres lag and desync . in valorant i can't tell a difference between 170fps and 240 fps other than being dull. but in aimlabs i can tell the difference between 170 fps and 240 fps. i think the frame pacing is also affected by power profile change.

interference between parts may be the reason. i repasted cpu few months ago.but have done nothing on other parts after installation. is there anything i can do other than replacing parts for now?

deama

Post by deama » 04 Nov 2023, 10:12

badmadkarma wrote:
03 Nov 2023, 23:26
deama wrote:
03 Nov 2023, 13:02

gpu is at stock settings. only made changes in nvidia control panel and profileinspector. cpu c states is disabled.i earlier did try msi gpu overclocking and stability tested.but later discarded it because of the posts i saw like overcloacking causing desync.

its valorant thats mostly affected. i played removing gpu ( igpu ,max120hz) still theres lag and desync . in valorant i can't tell a difference between 170fps and 240 fps other than being dull. but in aimlabs i can tell the difference between 170 fps and 240 fps. i think the frame pacing is also affected by power profile change.

interference between parts may be the reason. i repasted cpu few months ago.but have done nothing on other parts after installation. is there anything i can do other than replacing parts for now?
It might not be your parts, it might be your electricity from your power socket is just crap.
You can even get high interference if you live near a tower that emits either radio, or some other wavelength.

This stuff is pretty timeconsuming to fix; unless you got a lot of cash to splash, I would forget about it and move on with your life with something else.

AyayronPlays

Post by AyayronPlays » 04 Nov 2023, 20:29

I've personally found disabling c states has a negative effect on valorant gameplay. Best for that game is all bios defaults.

badmadkarma

Post by badmadkarma » 05 Nov 2023, 07:13

AyayronPlays wrote:
04 Nov 2023, 20:29
I've personally found disabling c states has a negative effect on valorant gameplay. Best for that game is all bios defaults.
c states is disabled because max processor state is set to 64%. otherwsise found not much use in disabling c states. for me default and xmp both seems bad. overclocked ram speed by just 10% and relaxed main timings by 10-12%. game seems to work atleast for now.

AyayronPlays

Post by AyayronPlays » 05 Nov 2023, 22:47

badmadkarma wrote:
05 Nov 2023, 07:13
AyayronPlays wrote:
c states is disabled because max processor state is set to 64%. otherwsise found not much use in disabling c states. for me default and xmp both seems bad. overclocked ram speed by just 10% and relaxed main timings by 10-12%. game seems to work atleast for now.
What cpu and mobo combo are you using at the moment to play as well as your ram speed and ddr4/5?

badmadkarma

Post by badmadkarma » 06 Nov 2023, 02:37

AyayronPlays wrote:
05 Nov 2023, 22:47
badmadkarma wrote:
AyayronPlays wrote:
What cpu and mobo combo are you using at the moment to play as well as your ram speed and ddr4/5?
z490 gigabyte and 10600k-i5 ,3060ti ,ddr4 ram xmp-3000 cl15 . curently set at -2800 -19-19-19-39

AyayronPlays

Post by AyayronPlays » 06 Nov 2023, 07:01

badmadkarma wrote:
06 Nov 2023, 02:37
AyayronPlays wrote:
badmadkarma wrote:
AyayronPlays wrote:
z490 gigabyte and 10600k-i5 ,3060ti ,ddr4 ram xmp-3000 cl15 . curently set at -2800 -19-19-19-39
Yeah should be running fine without having to set anything. Though to be fair for an intel cpu usually better to have ram with higher speeds. One other thing i thought of was the raw input buffer setting. I had this on for quite a while and it resulted in very inconsistent aim, at the time i was in immortal and while sometimes it felt really nice and easy to flick, general tracking felt like garbage, i've played with this off now for over a year.

I'm sure you have already, since you obviously know your way around computers, but maybe re-try downloading ALL drivers on mobo page. I've had a situation recently where on a fresh install i've installed drivers like normal but FORGOT to update my chipset drivers which absolutely destroyed my inputs and frames in valorant, make sure you get the management engine and any IO drivers too.

Like i said i'm sure you've done it already but we're all human and sometimes we miss that one thing and it can screw us. Keep us posted if anything changes and if your temp fix ends up not working :)

badmadkarma

Post by badmadkarma » 06 Nov 2023, 10:29

AyayronPlays wrote:
06 Nov 2023, 07:01
badmadkarma wrote:
06 Nov 2023, 02:37
AyayronPlays wrote:
badmadkarma wrote:

Yeah should be running fine without having to set anything. Though to be fair for an intel cpu usually better to have ram with higher speeds. One other thing i thought of was the raw input buffer setting. I had this on for quite a while and it resulted in very inconsistent aim, at the time i was in immortal and while sometimes it felt really nice and easy to flick, general tracking felt like garbage, i've played with this off now for over a year.

I'm sure you have already, since you obviously know your way around computers, but maybe re-try downloading ALL drivers on mobo page. I've had a situation recently where on a fresh install i've installed drivers like normal but FORGOT to update my chipset drivers which absolutely destroyed my inputs and frames in valorant, make sure you get the management engine and any IO drivers too.

Like i said i'm sure you've done it already but we're all human and sometimes we miss that one thing and it can screw us. Keep us posted if anything changes and if your temp fix ends up not working :)

glad to see an immortal player here. i am gold and havent played comp in above six months.spamming aimlab and occasional deathmatches.funny thing in dms new iron players will wide swing ,crouch spam kill me with 4 body shots instantly.if i peek i will be killed with instant 4 body shots - you will mistake it for headshot untill the damage board appear. last february i went to an esports cafe (an hour oneside train) and kid you not my gold rank random players were glazing my play. but at home my system is so laggy i stopped playing comp altogether. ever since i have been going through forums .did submit a ticket back then with riots repair tool logs .but their solution was to use win 10 ,which i was and never bothered again .tried all tweaks but none lasted for more than a day . my latest dumb tweak has been working for few days.been spamming dms and tdms only. lobbies have reached mostly dia/asc now and am doing good.will start playing comp again if things stay same for couple more days.

i use snappy driver installer origin for updating all drivers. its free and open source. raw buffer input is turned off .i have read about it causing lag .will definitely update again. have a nice day.bye for now.