Found something related to CS input lag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Sambyal

Found something related to CS input lag

Post by Sambyal » 07 Dec 2023, 14:09

I am from INDIA , I have been struggling with this insane problem from around 7 years now, I am an old CS player who has played cs1.6 , condition zero and i am very sensitive to input lag and This problem generally started in year 2016 or 2017 i hardly remember to be specific , i have played csgo with 0 input lag and perfect spray with my old pc which gives max of 75 fps in 60 hertz monitor that time there was windows 10 era . In between there years i took a break and i upgraded to very high END PC . I have tried almost everything from changing ISP, even moving to new city and many other things but nothing helped.

I was hoping that new CS2 source 2 engine somehow might fix this but same problem in cs2 as well. I was daily lurking into different forums and every hour i think about this issue. I am an working IT professional but whenever i am free i use to think what could cause this problem 24hours .

I earlier knew it was not internet as i already tried to remove my lan cable and went to a offline DEATHMATCH with bots and same issue exist there was well.

Now i thought either it could be two things :-

- Its my PC itself (hardware related / 240 hertz monitor /mother board GPU )

- Or it could be electricity as people say (but note i have moved to 3 different places and nothing helped)

Now the interesting part.
Yesterday i came with an idea what if i install and copy version of csgo from internet and check if same thing happens there. so i downloaded an copy version of csgo

[removed by moderator]

I first started an DM with bots and guess what BOOOMMMMM , i felt like playing cs like old times 0 input lag , spray was perfect i just could not believe it as i was waiting for this feel(0 input lag + consistent spray ,those fast reflexes) from many years now.

I thought ok so offline DM with bots is ok what about if a join a online server.(there are many csgo online server you can still play ) and guess 0 input lag and ak spray and everything you could feel it.

So this proves there is something very wrong going with steam itself or could be something related to windows which i doubt because same game is running with 0 input lag and when i play with steam again those input lag feel and desynch appears even offline as well.

I am now searching what is the differnece in the copy install and the original game from steam as the root cause lies there.

if you dont believe me download the copy version of the game from above link and check it yourself.

Also please share this with community as i need help to drill down this issue further and find out the root cause of this issue.
Last edited by RealNC on 29 Mar 2024, 07:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed references to pirated versions of CS:GO

joseph_from_pilsen

Re: Found something related to CS input lag

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 08 Dec 2023, 08:10

Stupid question, does it work for cs2 or only for csgo (which no more gets updates and cant be played at most platforms)?

Btw for me helped to increase my ping... Day/night experience, described in another thread. However unlike you, i didnt notice issues offline with bots, only online.
I also noticed that input lag (cs2) differs between servers, valve servers are terrible (floaty aim, bad sprays, flapping sensitivity, random loss, random lag on peek), faceit is better, without loss, more stable crosshair, but still lagging here and there, and some third party servers being best with csgo-like sprays and much more responsive aim and movement (the difference is HUGE, maybe 60-70 percent smaller "circle" of spray pattern vs valve where the spray simply lags away and cant be controlled).

In csgo i noticed worst input lag at faceit (most probably anticheat issue), at other servers it was purely depending on server variance, servers with low sv had better and more responsive aim, servers with trash sv (since 2017 = almost all servers) had bad aim as there was an obvious added delay making fast shots not so fast. The limit between good server and godmode on/off was around 3ms sv, sadly in 2020+ almost no server had sv below 4ms except WaSe and few customs (and esea which is dead in EU). Trash servers (valve) had sv7ms or even 10ms and it was unplayable (stuttery aim, bad sprays, server sided input lag). Faceit on the other hand, except the input lag issue, had sv issue too, sv was good some time and then it spiked (usually when something started to happen) up to 15ms to red values and aim simply started warping here and there.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 08 Dec 2023, 08:38

Edited formerly ALL-CAPS topic title -- please use polite etiquette
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Sambyal

Post by Sambyal » 09 Dec 2023, 07:34

joseph_from_pilsen wrote:
08 Dec 2023, 08:10
Stupid question, does it work for cs2 or only for csgo (which no more gets updates and cant be played at most platforms)?

Btw for me helped to increase my ping... Day/night experience, described in another thread. However unlike you, i didnt notice issues offline with bots, only online.
I also noticed that input lag (cs2) differs between servers, valve servers are terrible (floaty aim, bad sprays, flapping sensitivity, random loss, random lag on peek), faceit is better, without loss, more stable crosshair, but still lagging here and there, and some third party servers being best with csgo-like sprays and much more responsive aim and movement (the difference is HUGE, maybe 60-70 percent smaller "circle" of spray pattern vs valve where the spray simply lags away and cant be controlled).

In csgo i noticed worst input lag at faceit (most probably anticheat issue), at other servers it was purely depending on server variance, servers with low sv had better and more responsive aim, servers with trash sv (since 2017 = almost all servers) had bad aim as there was an obvious added delay making fast shots not so fast. The limit between good server and godmode on/off was around 3ms sv, sadly in 2020+ almost no server had sv below 4ms except WaSe and few customs (and esea which is dead in EU). Trash servers (valve) had sv7ms or even 10ms and it was unplayable (stuttery aim, bad sprays, server sided input lag). Faceit on the other hand, except the input lag issue, had sv issue too, sv was good some time and then it spiked (usually when something started to happen) up to 15ms to red values and aim simply started warping here and there.
Yes its working with cs2 also you can try it yourself, just download it and feel the difference.

and yes i can related to whatever you said

Sambyal

Post by Sambyal » 12 Dec 2023, 00:19

I have found the fix after 8 years , its fking windows man and im glad you are also on the right track .

The culprit is windows defender, You have to disable the windows defender, note you just simple cant disable windows defender , I mean even if you disable from multiple methods ( Control panel , Group policy , Registry ) it will still be running as windows kinda force it and make us fool .

Run the cmd via below command and check truly wthether defender still running or stop.

sc query WinDefend

I have found that only fix is the to add the defenderdisable app to the security exclusion and disable real time monitoring and Tamper protection and the run the program to truly disable it. All steps shown in below video .

https://youtu.be/KhzSBwhqX_w?si=JhAsnBxoms_2DlVn

once its done run below command again

sc query WinDefend

state should be changed from "running" to "stop".
and restart your system.

the go to your game and feel the difference .

I want to help community who is thinking its Internet or electrical problem they have no clue windows defender is messing up with steam and steam related games .

IF you have other Antivirus installed make sure Game optimizer kinda options are turned off or try to simple uninstall th AV and follow above steps to disable Defender and try

Hope this helps . 😊

Post by 310094303 » 17 Dec 2023, 14:49

Before the October 9 update, I had no problem playing cs2 but after the update it became as bad as csgo.

howcani

Post by howcani » 14 Mar 2024, 15:44

Sambyal wrote:
07 Dec 2023, 14:09
I am from INDIA , I have been struggling with this insane problem from around 7 years now, I am an old CS player who has played cs1.6 , condition zero and i am very sensitive to input lag and This problem generally started in year 2016 or 2017 i hardly remember to be specific , i have played csgo with 0 input lag and perfect spray with my old pc which gives max of 75 fps in 60 hertz monitor that time there was windows 10 era . In between there years i took a break and i upgraded to very high END PC . I have tried almost everything from changing ISP, even moving to new city and many other things but nothing helped.

I was hoping that new CS2 source 2 engine somehow might fix this but same problem in cs2 as well. I was daily lurking into different forums and every hour i think about this issue. I am an working IT professional but whenever i am free i use to think what could cause this problem 24hours .

I earlier knew it was not internet as i already tried to remove my lan cable and went to a offline DEATHMATCH with bots and same issue exist there was well.

Now i thought either it could be two things :-

- Its my PC itself (hardware related / 240 hertz monitor /mother board GPU )

- Or it could be electricity as people say (but note i have moved to 3 different places and nothing helped)

Now the interesting part.
Yesterday i came with an idea what if i install and copy version of csgo from internet and check if same thing happens there. so i downloaded an copy version of csgo

[removed by moderator]

I first started an DM with bots and guess what BOOOMMMMM , i felt like playing cs like old times 0 input lag , spray was perfect i just could not believe it as i was waiting for this feel(0 input lag + consistent spray ,those fast reflexes) from many years now.

I thought ok so offline DM with bots is ok what about if a join a online server.(there are many csgo online server you can still play ) and guess 0 input lag and ak spray and everything you could feel it.

So this proves there is something very wrong going with steam itself or could be something related to windows which i doubt because same game is running with 0 input lag and when i play with steam again those input lag feel and desynch appears even offline as well.

I am now searching what is the differnece in the copy install and the original game from steam as the root cause lies there.

if you dont believe me download the copy version of the game from above link and check it yourself.

Also please share this with community as i need help to drill down this issue further and find out the root cause of this issue.
Did you tried new steam account ? it's better if you just uninstall cs2 and steam delete folders and create new steam account and check if u have this issue, cause alot of ppl say that smurf accounts are much more responsive
Last edited by RealNC on 29 Mar 2024, 07:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed references to pirated versions of CS:GO

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » 15 Mar 2024, 07:54

Sorry, but all this instructions sounds like a scam.

Disabling AntiVirus, WinDefender and downloading something from the internet ..... GG

F1zus

Post by F1zus » 15 Mar 2024, 10:19

howcani wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 15:44
Did you tried new steam account ? it's better if you just uninstall cs2 and steam delete folders and create new steam account and check if u have this issue, cause alot of ppl say that smurf accounts are much more responsive
I have used more than 18 Steam accounts and I tell you that there is no difference. The whole difference lies in the *userdata* settings

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 16 Mar 2024, 14:46

AS A WARNING, please do not, under any circumstance download a file linked in here through a member that is not at least an Admin on this site! No one would ever ask you to download something as fishy as "ohh a copy of CS online" then asks you to completely disable every ounce of protection that Microsoft has embedded in windows to achieve lag-free gaming!

Windows is not the issue, we have people reporting on Linux and even stripped down Windows Iso's having the same issues. Not to mention Windows Defender and Firewall were already tested upon by different members.

I don't know how this post was not removed! Regardless of intentions, the structure of the post itself raises a lot of red flags!
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini