FTTH desync

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
ZINZIRIO

FTTH desync

Post by ZINZIRIO » 08 Jan 2024, 18:10

Hello how are you? All alright? I have a question if the same thing happened to someone... I had ADSL 5MB, it was a connection that was going quite well but now I have fiber optics, I have good hitreg, I see the vast majority of players before, but something very strange happens to me in some games, for example. Generally old, when I receive shots from the enemy I am very easy to kill, I die almost instantly. That didn't happen to me before, does anyone suffer from the same thing? Thank you so much

ZINZIRIO

Re: FTTH desync

Post by ZINZIRIO » 08 Jan 2024, 18:17

There is something with FTTH and the game engine or I don't know what is happening that they kill me too quickly... They see me and kill me very quickly and it was all since I changed from ADSL to FTTH, what could it be? I suppose it is impossible to fix since I bought a PCI-E network card, I tried configurations on the modem and router... I changed PCs, etc. and the same thing happens to me no matter what I do... they kill me very quickly without being able to move.

dermodemon

Post by dermodemon » 08 Jan 2024, 18:17

i have ftth too 1000/1000
same. feels like i am reakky easy target and have desync issues

ZINZIRIO

Post by ZINZIRIO » 08 Jan 2024, 18:21

The strange thing about everything is that in my case everything works well for me except that I am a very hittable player, it is as if all the bullets against me hit without any effort... But I have good reaction time and good hitreg

ApexLeg

Post by ApexLeg » 09 Jan 2024, 05:51

I've had this issue for a very long time and I believe it's the lag compensation screwing you over. In fact I'd say it happens to me in 90% of matches and it's infuriating (my router and pc is setup perfectly), trying to explain it to other people who don't experience it think you're just moaning or lacking in skill. But when your shots barely hit, you hear multiple hit markers but only half register and enemies that instant peak you, kill you in microseconds, it makes any game not enjoyable.

I get it a lot in Apex, hell just yesterday I was playing a few matches and my shots were barely registering but I continued playing, one game i got knocked as I was around a corner (typical), and I was starting to crawl towards my teammates, I saw the enemy and I put up my gold knockdown shield, then that enemy started shooting me nearly a second later and I died instantly. My gold knockdown shield didn't take any damage whatsoever. What I see on my screen and what happens on the server is like a second difference. I wish I had it recorded, it was ludicrous. When I watch streamers or other people it's like they're playing an entire different game. When I do get the odd match where there's no desync, the game feels piss easy. When I watch videos back it's like every single enemy bullet hits me even though it looks like the bullets are flying past me.

The exact same happens to me in CoD Warzone. My teammates never get this issue (they are all on console and don't even know how to access their router), when they spectate me they see things happening before I do on my screen. When I'm spectating them? Enemies move like turtles compared.

I remember one week for some reason I didn't have this issue, and my weekly kd went from 1.5 to 3.5kd. They all accused me of cheating, but it wasn't, my game just didn't have this desync shit going on.

I've tried VPNs and throttling network speeds which seems to work for a match or two but just goes back to normal.

I have a solid pc with no performance issues or lag. Just this desync crap!

Kyouki

Post by Kyouki » 09 Jan 2024, 06:04

Thought I was alone in this experience! Exactly the earlier-death's in video games or where it appears I am more delayed. Think this more has to do with the game's design of lag interpolation or interpolation. Predict or etc...
Though generally speaking the FTTH experience is varied on service/hoster or the game itself.
Ever since I moved to it, AWS always have packetloss /rubber banding and lots of games use this...

Routing revealed more issues for other people that I know on same-ish providers around specific timeframes when the routing changes for them.
Check or test packetloss & bufferbloat / verify what kind of route you're taking to the game-servers are ways to verify, next to tooling that allows you to graph things as well.
Tracert, pathping, trippy (software) / smokeping (service)

Packet loss is the worst to have, but also appears to be commonly the issue in the routing.
CPU: AMD R7 5800x3D ~ PBO2Tuner -30 ~ no C states
RAM: Gskill Bdie 2x16gb TridentZ Neo ~ CL16-16-16-36 1T ~ fine tuned latency
GPU: ASUS TUF 3080 10G OC Edition(v1/non-LHR) ~ disabled Pstates ~ max oced
Monitor: Alienware AW2521H ~ mix of ULMB/Gsync @ 240hz/360hz
More specs: https://kit.co/Kyouki/the-pc-that-stomps-you

ZINZIRIO

Post by ZINZIRIO » 09 Jan 2024, 08:26

Your case is more understandable because it is not that you only have the problem there as in my case but that you also lose bullets when shooting or you feel disconnected on the server... In my case I have good hitreg and I notice that there are players that I see before but I don't feel lagging on the server... but when the other player shoots me first I'm dead... then I see the other player's recording and it's like I'm made of paper, it takes very few shots to kill me

Kyouki

Post by Kyouki » 09 Jan 2024, 09:08

Game engine related most likely it sounds like.
CPU: AMD R7 5800x3D ~ PBO2Tuner -30 ~ no C states
RAM: Gskill Bdie 2x16gb TridentZ Neo ~ CL16-16-16-36 1T ~ fine tuned latency
GPU: ASUS TUF 3080 10G OC Edition(v1/non-LHR) ~ disabled Pstates ~ max oced
Monitor: Alienware AW2521H ~ mix of ULMB/Gsync @ 240hz/360hz
More specs: https://kit.co/Kyouki/the-pc-that-stomps-you

beirut__

Post by beirut__ » 09 Jan 2024, 09:18

Wow... I literally want to cry knowing that there is someone else with this problem. I dont know why or how, but this is happening to me 90% of the time. The only game I play is counter strike, I have 3.6 k hours in this game. I have been playing it since it came out...I know that I dont lack skill or mechanic or game sense, I am sure about it, I have made it clear to myself a lot of times. This problem has fucked my confidence real good. People are considering me noob and telling me to quit game, and this is ver, irritating as I know my potential and I know that I could stomp these people ...if just I didnt have this problem .... I dont know. Its like my head has a magnet for their bullet. Literally. Out of three people running, I am the one that gets hit, always. Whenever I try to peek, no matter how cautious I am, how focused, how determined, I get insta tapped. I want to cry. I have tried so many tweaks. I built a new pc. I tried playing on lte from usb tethering. This shit always comes back. I can literally instantly say after one second into the game that something is off. Bro. When it happens that for some reason the game is synchronised and my shots are being registered.... Not one match I win without getting w
2.5/3.0 KD. PEOPLE WERE ADDING ME ASKING ME FOR MY CONFIG AND BEGGING ME TO PLAY WITH THEM. And day or more after, I am a walking noob that everyone has advantage over. Last night, I stayed up until 3 am even though I work at 7am just desperately trying to figure it out. Done net tweaks, registry tweaks, bios tweaks, windows tweaks, memory tweaks, mouse tweaks.... Tested my pc, all great, but when i tested for bufferbloat it says that I have a C and a very big bufferbloat. Honestly, I dont know what to do. Im losing my sleep and I am smoking more than I ever did..... What has my life come to after this shitty experience.... I think it has come to one main point. To just destroy all my configuration and leave everything.....

ApexLeg

Post by ApexLeg » 09 Jan 2024, 09:24

Kyouki wrote:
09 Jan 2024, 09:08
Game engine related most likely it sounds like.
You can say they, however there are a lot of people that never experience it. (although I am aware that this can happen to people and they don't notice it's happening, just they fact they're struggling and think their enemies are pros)