old post, see regedit tweaks for actual settings

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Hyote

old post, see regedit tweaks for actual settings

Post by Hyote » 09 Jan 2024, 19:17

Last edited by Hyote on 24 May 2024, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.

cursed-gamer

Re: I FIXED MY INPUT LAG (I didn't but I did)

Post by cursed-gamer » 09 Jan 2024, 20:44

I've played CS:GO on 600 USD laptop with absolutely 0 desync issues and perfect hitreg. 0 tweaks were used and all on default settings except crosshair and graphics. Tweaks are good if you're already lag/desync/bad hitreg free, otherwise it's just waste of time. The real cause is much more complicated and looks like changing location may help.

I have this problem for many years and it start somewhere at the times when the internet became more accessible in my area (around 15 years ago). My first internet connection was via radio antenna and at that time gameplay perfect (ie. Call of Duty 2). I can remember very well how easily I could top frag on every server and out of sudden it became shit.

Post by 310094303 » 12 Jan 2024, 12:50

If you look at twitter a lot you will see pro gamers tweaking bios/win10, for me personally I have solved this problem twice one of them lasted for over a month although it eventually came back but I think it has to do with the power Nothing to do, my English is not good, use a translator, sorry

Hyote

Post by Hyote » 12 Jan 2024, 22:26

That is because pros are cheating. And it's not any kind of skill issue or jealousy from my end. These are facts. Luckily in many games having an optimized system can give you quite a lot of advantages. Also I changed the speed step and speed shift settings to diasabled, I no longer have any latency inducing settings on because I got a bios update and now it's different. What I still advise however is to tweak your pc completely, leaving no part out. Apart from all that I can agree that for some reason the whole pc feels so much different after a windows install. Like this is how it should be but blissful mouse input only lasts for a few minutes.

espresso

Post by espresso » 13 Jan 2024, 04:41

Hyote wrote:
12 Jan 2024, 22:26
Like this is how it should be but blissful mouse input only lasts for a few minutes.
This, i tweaked my system to perfection, i join a Server in CS2 and the mouse is so crisp and fast, but after 10min it feels already slugisch again. Made me lean on to the theorie of EMI Electrical Problems again.

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 13 Jan 2024, 13:03

Nah, thats my issue too, first DM runs fine and crisp, second is already with 100hz max feeling during movement, but after switching server it can go again back to normal. Also at weekends the game runs always worse as the steam network and cs servers are overloaded. Sadly there is no reference point for these issues, there is no server which will run always perfectly to check whether its on your end or not. Yes there are server owners (hello warmupserver.net) who claim themselves that they run 24/7/365 perfectly, but its only a Goebbels propaganda :lol: Because... they dont. Sometimes...yes. Most of the day... maybe. Permanently... good joke.

Dont get upset too much, many games are released broken and stay broken for years.

CS2: crap servers, crap steam network routing, crap experimental clunky tickrate, MTU 1500 (some genius released a game with packet size larger than limit of 99 percent IPSs so the packets must be split into two), trash netcode, trash game engine, broken frame pacing, low minimum fps, shady and lazy and incompetent and NONCOMMUNICATIVE company behind it which makes most profit from gambling. Technically the game works somehow only offline.

Valorant: 128 tick servers are often not 128tick cuz their server clusters are a hodge podge mess, weird netcode, chinese spyware anticheat as a must have. Playable but the game is a korean fantasy shooter with childish overtuned abilities and superheroes. Main issue: slow movement. Which as a side effect masks the issues which are present in cs2 - with slower movement the game will be always smoother.

APEX: 20 tick joke

And this style you can continue... Try some games which are crap itself but at least visually run fine (PUBG, finals). They have poor tickrate and technically are no better than these "gems", but at least dont suffer from cs2 issues like bad frame pacing, 60hz feeling and similar sh..t.

Sandy

Post by Sandy » 24 May 2024, 11:37

cursed-gamer wrote:
09 Jan 2024, 20:44
I've played CS:GO on 600 USD laptop with absolutely 0 desync issues and perfect hitreg. 0 tweaks were used and all on default settings except crosshair and graphics. Tweaks are good if you're already lag/desync/bad hitreg free, otherwise it's just waste of time. The real cause is much more complicated and looks like changing location may help.

I have this problem for many years and it start somewhere at the times when the internet became more accessible in my area (around 15 years ago). My first internet connection was via radio antenna and at that time gameplay perfect (ie. Call of Duty 2). I can remember very well how easily I could top frag on every server and out of sudden it became shit.
It seems that the problem points to electrical performance. The laptop is powered by a battery.

agstrato

Post by agstrato » 24 May 2024, 12:31

It could be electrical YES but let's think of it a bit shall we? What do we all have in common? We all have Windows. It's unreal to think we all have bad electricity because we live in so many different places yet we all have the same issue. Yes internet is very important but we all have problems with Windows one way or another.