Desync in all games with new cat 8

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
ZINZIRIO

Desync in all games with new cat 8

Post by ZINZIRIO » 13 Jan 2024, 20:41

I'm going to tell you about an experience I had yesterday, I bought some white CAT 8 network cables since the ones I have are black and to make them look neater in my white room I wanted to change them, each cable is 1M from the modem to the router and from the router to the PC, I put the new good quality CAT 8 cables, I enter the game and I notice something strange... Like the enemies saw me before and I say mmm strange, it's probably my internet or something else, I leave the I enter another game and the same thing, so I promise what I thought about was the cables, I took them out, put the previous ones in and the problem was solved... I tried it 3 times and the change was instantaneous in all the games... Conclusion even though it may seem like a lie The brand or quality of the network cables you have can make a very big difference in the games, especially if you have those problems where you can't react to the enemy or something like that... Actually in my case I left the previous cables since the difference is very big.

PD: i am use traslator.

akylen

Re: Desync in all games with new cat 8

Post by akylen » 14 Jan 2024, 07:04

Model of the old one ?

ApexLeg

Post by ApexLeg » 15 Jan 2024, 05:43

Yeah would like to know what your old one is. Also the make of your new one then compare

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 15 Jan 2024, 09:36

ZINZIRIO wrote:
13 Jan 2024, 20:41
I'm going to tell you about an experience I had yesterday, I bought some white CAT 8 network cables since the ones I have are black and to make them look neater in my white room I wanted to change them, each cable is 1M from the modem to the router and from the router to the PC, I put the new good quality CAT 8 cables, I enter the game and I notice something strange... Like the enemies saw me before and I say mmm strange, it's probably my internet or something else, I leave the I enter another game and the same thing, so I promise what I thought about was the cables, I took them out, put the previous ones in and the problem was solved... I tried it 3 times and the change was instantaneous in all the games... Conclusion even though it may seem like a lie The brand or quality of the network cables you have can make a very big difference in the games, especially if you have those problems where you can't react to the enemy or something like that... Actually in my case I left the previous cables since the difference is very big.

PD: i am use traslator.
When you plug the old cable back in does it fix the issue?

ZINZIRIO

Post by ZINZIRIO » 15 Jan 2024, 09:39

Yes, the difference is Instant in all games, I tried it 3 times to make sure and the difference is very noticeable

ApexLeg

Post by ApexLeg » 15 Jan 2024, 10:34

MisterS0L0

Post by MisterS0L0 » 15 Jan 2024, 15:50

I mean it's interesting that its made a difference, even if its a negative one.

But surely you just send the new one back and use the old one ? No ?

ZINZIRIO

Post by ZINZIRIO » 15 Jan 2024, 19:57

Yes exactly, I will continue using the old one, the truth is that I am a little surprised that two network cables affect the performance of a game so much.