Fix for input lag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Fix for input lag

Post by RealNC » 05 Apr 2024, 05:20

joolae wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 02:15
Definitely not a placebo for me, I've always used this tweak and found it better and more convenient than finding a color profile that will suit your preference for frame timings vs input lag in your monitors.
What?
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

MIETAS

Post by MIETAS » 05 Apr 2024, 06:37

This is getting more and more insane

bleya99

Post by bleya99 » 07 Apr 2024, 04:55

Mugabi wrote:
03 Apr 2024, 13:55
I think with this and other tweeks plus breathing technique that i have developed. I have managed to get the smoothest gameplay i have ever gotten past 10 years that is consistent now for over 2-3 weeks. Before all fixes including this give me temporary relief of symptoms then all go to shits. Now its lagless and consistent. Iam hitting stupid randmo shots from end of the map consistently and ppl think im hacking lol. I hope i can get it to be similar to a fresh windows reinstall all the time, with luck faith i think we can ship this. Ill make a video soon showcasing everything.
What are some of the other tweaks that you have applied that are working?

This one (deleting EDID) works wonders for me, especially because I just put my PC to sleep, and never shutdown, so the effect is everlasting (didn't apply the PSTools method, just so I can do it manually so it gets ingrained into me for future Windows Installations).
The recoil in CS2 is so much better, and as you mention, I hit incredible shots. Also, what I would recommend to everyone here is to try a program called Raw Accel.

There's tons of guides, but 2 main things you should focus on are: X/Y Ratio (I set mine to 1.15;default 1) which further reduces the "starting" recoil, permanently, in all games. Also, the setting called rotation, as I hold my mouse naturally a bit towards my body and not in a straight line, so this makes the sensor appear as the mouse was completely straight. I personally use -2.75 (default 0) and do NOTE both of these settings are personal and even small change are making a difference, so definitely try them in increments.