Small "fix" on Valorant desync issues

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
widow13

Small "fix" on Valorant desync issues

Post by widow13 » 18 Jan 2024, 01:31

So I've been having issues like a lot of people in here with desync and stuff.
Worst experience I've had is losing easy kills or shooting people and when I'm 100% sure they are dead they shoot back and kill me and they've been hit for 40 or 80 damage, also dying behind walls and stuff like that.

I tried something different past few days.
I set my power plan on balanced instead of high performance and capped my FPS to 300.
I have a 240hz monitor right now because my 360hz is on service, I'd cap fps to 400 on my 360hz.

So everything feels better aiming/desync wise, I can shoot people and I never die in 1 second without having time to react and it sometimes honestly feels like I have forever to kill them.
Now don't get me wrong game feels extremely laggy,stuttery and worse input lag wise but when I play on high frames it feels smooth but at the same time extremely unplayable and "off"/out of sync.

Multiple Immortal 3 accounts last acts with inconsistent performance due to various issues, played promos on an Immortal alt account to test and you can see for urself.
Again game feels insanely bad and stuttery right now but at least it "works".
image.png
image.png (720.36 KiB) Viewed 3364 times
Will continue testing mixed settings like having no frame cap on balanced power plan and see how it works.
Last edited by widow13 on 18 Jan 2024, 06:09, edited 1 time in total.

d-unknown

Re: Small "fix" on Valorant desync issues

Post by d-unknown » 18 Jan 2024, 04:06

by caping your framerate you just lowered the gpu usage , it's why you feel less lag, you can achieve the same by uncaping the frame rate and enabling low latency mode

13n47

Post by 13n47 » 18 Jan 2024, 07:08

There's something wrong with how much lag compensation is applied(my previous posts I give an overview to this). At times I have also been able to fix desync by capping framerate(to 230 in my case). One particular match I noticed capping to 180 was even better, changing it back to 230 I felt it instantly go worse and uncapping made it waaay worse.

It's most likely a miscalculation somewhere in the netcode that messes up the timings regarding other player movement and the effective speed of hit registration. The lag comp can be fixed by manipulating ping, network buffering or framerate. It's annoying but impossible to get a consistent fix as the sweet spots are always different from match to match.

widow13

Post by widow13 » 18 Jan 2024, 07:25

I do use low latency aka reflex in game and game is smooth but unplayable without frame cap.
The thing is there is actually more lag right now but the difference is that the game "works" when it's laggy.

Yeah it honestly feels like having a lot of frames/smooth game overall makes it feel like you have "weird smoothness".
Like mouse will feel a lot faster and imprecise, you'll get bad bullet registration, people will kill you in 0.1 sec and stuff like that.
Also I've read threads about people with m2 drives having issues with high performance plan before but I'm not sure about that, will give it a try again.

Been a long time since Immortal lobbies felt this easy, will keep experimenting around and see how it goes.

FalKeT

Post by FalKeT » 18 Jan 2024, 10:30

Hello !

Thanks for sharing this fix, I will give it a try

Do you cap fps (300) via ingame frame limiter or external limiter please ?

akylen

Post by akylen » 18 Jan 2024, 16:19

widow13 wrote:
18 Jan 2024, 01:31
Worst experience I've had is losing easy kills or shooting people and when I'm 100% sure they are dead they shoot back and kill me and they've been hit for 40 or 80 damage, also dying behind walls and stuff like that.

I set my power plan on balanced instead of high performance and capped my FPS to 300.
I have a 240hz monitor right now because my 360hz is on service, I'd cap fps to 400 on my 360hz.

So everything feels better aiming/desync wise, I can shoot people and I never die in 1 second without having time to react and it sometimes honestly feels like I have forever to kill them.
Now don't get me wrong game feels extremely laggy,stuttery and worse input lag wise but when I play on high frames it feels smooth but at the same time extremely unplayable and "off"/out of sync.

Multiple Immortal 3 accounts last acts with inconsistent performance due to various issues, played promos on an Immortal alt account to test and you can see for urself.
image.png

Will continue testing mixed settings like having no frame cap on balanced power plan and see how it works.
Tried with 144hz rivatuner locking at 200 , for me it didnt make a difference , but if it did for you , nice

widow13

Post by widow13 » 18 Jan 2024, 16:49

akylen wrote:
18 Jan 2024, 16:19
widow13 wrote:
18 Jan 2024, 01:31

image.png

Tried with 144hz rivatuner locking at 200 , for me it didnt make a difference , but if it did for you , nice
You can try in game cap too but I think power plan played a big role here.
Got 360hz from service back today, gonna try with it tomorrow.

widow13

Post by widow13 » 20 Jan 2024, 16:30

It honestly sounds weird but 1 day the game will work fine and the next one it will not.
I found out that switching between high perfomance/no frame cap to balanced/frame cap or vise versa makes the game instantly playable.

Gotta be something with power plans for sure.