Xbox series x and S input lag/Weird gameplay

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Wonds123

Xbox series x and S input lag/Weird gameplay

Post by Wonds123 » 18 Jan 2024, 18:31

Hi I have been having a problem with weird one sided sluggish gameplay for years on Fifa/EAFC I've probably had the problem for 8 years now.
First started on the xbox one and Series X/S in the time I've upgraded TVs tried Monitors, all different routers included nighthawk with Geofilter.
My connection on EA's connection tool gives 99/100 great. Ping in games is around 18ms 0 jitter 0 packet loss I'm in the UK.
The only time the gameplay is really decent is when I switch ISP"s I went from max 80/20mb to 150/30 to 1/1gb to now 300/100mb and everytime I've switch the first 4 or 5 days the gameplay was decent.
3 of the ISP's run on the same network "FTTC Openreach"
But new isp is FTTP are new to the area and put up their own wires etc " I thought this would finally fix my problem buy it hasnt"
My gameplay is like magnetic my players constantly moving away from the ball and my opponents all players slower, weaker no agility, but when it's good my players move towards the ball, faster, stronger more animations. I try nearly every day and in that time I would say I've had 15 days of good gameplay since September" If I log in and my first match is good I could sit and play 10+ Matches and they'll all be good".
The gameplay doesn't just get good and bad after a few matches"

I'm at the point now I'm just giving up" But would love to try and find a fix" just to prove to EA/others that something is wrong.

But xbox's are always wired I have tried a number of different leads. Have also tried wireless.
I've had some good gameplay on wireless just like I have when wired.
I've tried every setting on TVs/Monitors/Xbox that have ever been mentioned. I spend alot of time researching this problem.

After reading a few posts on here I'm going to see what this Electrical output thing is.

BumFlannel

Re: Xbox series x and S input lag/Weird gameplay

Post by BumFlannel » 19 Jan 2024, 07:20

Is this me?

I swear everything you said is my experience down to a tee outside of the platform and the type of game you play.

Started happening 8 years ago: Check.
From the Uk: Check.
Wierd gameplay: Check.
Openreach: Check.
Good experience for a short time after switching ISP: Check.
Switched to FTTP and have the same problem: Check.

These issues started for me in 2015. I've been on Openreach services all along, BT, Plusnet, TalkTalk (although TalkTalk has their own backhaul). FTTP became available to me just over a year ago. It's Openreach street equipment but then Zen backhaul. This made no difference.

I'll get a good gaming session rarely but when it happens the difference is night and day. I play shooters, primarily CS, and it's as if everyone sees me first, can move faster than me, and has inhuman reactions. There is more often than not, not enough time in an encounter for me to possibly kill them and if I do manage to get some shots off they won't register anyway most of the time or just fly off in all directions. Then I will get a rare session where games seem to run normally and I actually have time to react to things.

It feels like every opponent is pre-aiming me through the wall and I'm insta-dead as soon as I see a pixel of them while a team mate spectating me will tell me I stared at the guy for 2 seconds. It's infuriating.

Like you I've just about given up on this. Connection is perfect, multiple PC builds, operating systems, games, etc. Nothing changes it, just the rare random occurrance of normal play is my best hope.

Whereabouts in the UK are you if you don't mind me asking and who is your current FTTP provider?

Wonds123

Re: Xbox series x and S input lag/Weird gameplay

Post by Wonds123 » 19 Jan 2024, 18:17

I'm in Northen Ireland, Was with BT, Plusnet, SKY, Back to BT and Now Fibrus " Everything is new they built their own infrastructure new overhead wires straight to the house" All 4 isp's I've been with say I couldn't get a better connection.
Funny enough last night after posting this about 11pm I got good gameplay " The whole game is different and I actually enjoy playing it, Can play the passes I want, spot runs, control my players etc.

I bought an electrical outlet device on amazon which is coming tomorrow just to check everything is okay there.