Inconsistent Performance in Faceit Games: Hardware, Software, or Strategy Issue?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
beirut__

Inconsistent Performance in Faceit Games: Hardware, Software, or Strategy Issue?

Post by beirut__ » 19 Jan 2024, 12:29

Okay. So I went into the game with level 9s on faceit and made 40 frags. I literally knew the game is going to be great for me since the first round. Next game: 4 frags 25 deaths. It was literally impossible to shoot the enemy. They always had advantage over me in terms of timings and everything. Nothing changed. I just alt tabbed to find a new match and then joined the game.

I was doubting myself before, but this intrigued me so hard: if I am that bad, how could it be that im top fragging with level 9s and 10s? I couldnt connect shots no matter in which match, but now I am certain that this thing is not about me. When its all good, it goes so extra smoothly, I know how to take angles, I know how to prefire, everything.. it seems like there appears something which firsty affects your speed in the game, and then everything else.

Hardware and software and internet is not. I tweaked all the possibilities that could affect this. Now im thinking if it could be something so small and insignificant as in not alt tabbing nor leaving the game after match finishes? I could turn faceit ac both on my laptop and pc and join quoue from the laptop, so just join by typing in console what i read from the laptop. Does this make sense?

RealTweaker

Re: Im intrigued to find out the problem so much

Post by RealTweaker » 19 Jan 2024, 12:53

Yeah thats sounds really weird. Alt tabing could be the reason:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiv ... _tab_from/

CS2 has really shitty coding so no surprise. Also if you have Ryzen CPU definitely turn on SMT, it will help drastically with performance.

widow13

Post by widow13 » 19 Jan 2024, 13:03

beirut__ wrote:
19 Jan 2024, 12:29
Okay. So I went into the game with level 9s on faceit and made 40 frags. I literally knew the game is going to be great for me since the first round. Next game: 4 frags 25 deaths. It was literally impossible to shoot the enemy. They always had advantage over me in terms of timings and everything. Nothing changed. I just alt tabbed to find a new match and then joined the game. I was doubting myself before, but this intrigued me so hard: if I am that bad, how could it be that im top fragging with level 9s and 10s? I couldnt connect shots no matter in which match, but now I am certain that this thing is not about me. When its all good, it goes so extra smoothly, I know how to take angles, I know how to prefire, everything.. it seems like there appears something which firsty affects your speed in the game, and then everything else. Hardware and software and internet is not. I tweaked all the possibilities that could affect this. Now im thinking if it could be something so small and insignificant as in not alt tabbing nor leaving the game after match finishes? I could turn faceit ac both on my laptop and pc and join quoue from the laptop, so just join by typing in console what i read from the laptop. Does this make sense?
Actually happens on Valorant too, found a way to make it work better by capping my 240hz monitor on 300fps and turning power plan to balanced but now that I got my 360hz back from service it's happening again and I'm still searching how to fix it on this one.

beirut__

Post by beirut__ » 19 Jan 2024, 13:37

RealTweaker wrote:
19 Jan 2024, 12:53

CS2 has really shitty coding so no surprise. Also if you have Ryzen CPU definitely turn on SMT, it will help drastically with performance.

I have ryzen 5 5600x. Seems like I cant find that SMT in bios. I have asus prime b450m-a motherboard.

Slender

Post by Slender » 19 Jan 2024, 19:47

beirut__ wrote:
19 Jan 2024, 13:37
RealTweaker wrote:

I have ryzen 5 5600x. Seems like I cant find that SMT in bios. I have asus prime b450m-a motherboard.
on by def

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Inconsistent Performance in Faceit Games: Hardware, Software, or Strategy Issue?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 Jan 2024, 01:31

FYI, for clarity, renamed topic title to something more relevant of an ask "Inconsistent Performance in Faceit Games: Hardware, Software, or Strategy Issue?"
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

beirut__

Post by beirut__ » 20 Jan 2024, 03:19

RealTweaker wrote:

Tried this. And bro. Wtf. I cant believe whats happening. Last 7 matches over 30 frags. Tried it today also and the same thing. Is it possible that this could be fix? If it will last... Brother. I will make a statue out of your nickname and send it to you!

beirut__

Post by beirut__ » 01 Feb 2024, 12:14

beirut__ wrote:
20 Jan 2024, 03:19
RealTweaker wrote:

Edit: it is still the same after a couple of days.
Tried this. And bro. Wtf. I cant believe whats happening. Last 7 matches over 30 frags. Tried it today also and the same thing. Is it possible that this could be fix? If it will last... Brother. I will make a statue out of your nickname and send it to you!

Muxolini87

Re: Inconsistent Performance in Faceit Games: Hardware, Software, or Strategy Issue?

Post by Muxolini87 » 18 Mar 2024, 23:07

Same thing is happening to me bro. I'm playing a couple of matches 23+ Kills next matches 10-18 8-13. I really don't know what's going on. Did you manage to solve that problem